RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Upgrading 2012 screen to Dualview unit possible?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It was well over a year since his last post, I may have misread your post, but if you have a dual view, surely no need to swap it all, just don't press the button for dual screen and leave it working as normal. That's what I do, the only time I use it (dual view) is if my good lady wants to watch TV or a DVD film on the move. So I would save yourself some money as no swap required. Thumbs Up

After re reading if you mean you want dual view, Autobiography models 2012-2013 generally have this with a DVD/CD player.
Otherwise generally a option I believe. For the advantages it really isn't a big gain, many have just made their screens stay on when driving for TV/DVD but I must add that it is illegal to drive watching the TV, yes I know you are often watching Sat Nav and info screens, but above 5mph it is meant to switch off. The quality of picture also drops when using dual view. As noted you will need a different board, lead, switch and of course a Dual View unit. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #534526 Mon Sep 04 2017 4:12pm
Sye 225

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Yeah i meant putting the dual screen into one that's doesn't already have it. That's what I've been trying to weigh up whether or not its worth the money and time, not only that but the problems that could occur like bitcrunch has come across. I was just curious to see if he had sorted it after a year and if so, he would know the tricks and what to do to get it working, and whether it was worth it in the end or not lol. I have read that the quality of the picture decreases when in dual also, so that has pushed me more towards not worrying about getting one with it already installed, or installing it into one if it does not have it.

Post #534533 Mon Sep 04 2017 6:13pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

My A/B has the Dualview screen, although very clever I have only ever used it a couple of times to see if it still works, I rate it as just another L/R gimmick, they would have been better off concentrating on getting the Sat Nav and Audio Side perfected. I really wouldn't worry about it if it hasn't got it fitted if the rest of the car is A1. This is only my own personal view (no pun intended) of course.

Cheers
Col

Post #534562 Mon Sep 04 2017 9:29pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I’m resurrecting an old thread here in the hope that someone may have made progress with this in the last few years.

I’ve fitted both the screen and panel and activated 2 fields in the CCF for Dual view but still can’t get it to work properly.

No TV image but have sound and when playing with DVD image, I can’t even get Dual view to switch on. It tells me to switch to dual view but then doesn’t do anything. I’m guessing there’s another field to activate in the CCF.

One odd thing I have noticed is that the DVD sound continues to play after ignition off until the car enters sleep mode.

Anyone had success with this? 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #576750 Sat Mar 09 2019 5:37pm
Brit Plumber

As an update to this in case anyone else has a go, the Tv issue is fixed, when playing with the CCF I switched on RSE and as the RSE module is the first to receive the Tv signal, it wasn’t fitted and therefore couldn’t forward the signal on.

So I just need to work out which CCF needs to be switched on but to do so, I need to work out what they mean. Does anyone know of a list of abbreviations used in the CCF and what they actually do? 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink

16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #576826 Sun Mar 10 2019 6:38pm
Brit Plumber

All sorted, there’s at least 3 files to update and one is very obscure. I ended up changing 5 files to find the obscure one so tomorrow I’ll switch them back one at a time until I find the one that worked. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink

Post #577108 Fri Mar 15 2019 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123