RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New Ingenium straight 6 for 'MY 20
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

wilf

New Ingenium straight 6 for 'MY 20

https://media.landrover.com/news/2019/02/n...=landrover

Looks very complex - so who wants to be an early adopter? Very Happy MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #575151 Wed Feb 13 2019 10:35am
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Alot of Electrical components and we all know what landrover is like with electrics !

Think I will pass thanks.

Will stick with my SDV6 Hybrid Thumbs Up

If I ever went down the petrol route it would be the 5.0L supercharged much less to go wrong then this new straight 6 petrol engine with a mild hybrid and electric supercharger !!

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #575154 Wed Feb 13 2019 11:42am
wilf

But the thing is, the 5.0 s/c engine won't be available for much longer. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #575155 Wed Feb 13 2019 11:46am
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Here's an article on this engine being introduced on the RRS L494

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britis...port/39619

Interestingly they seem to have brought back the Brembo front brakes for this model...?!

Post #575159 Wed Feb 13 2019 1:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My local dealer also told me that it will one of the Defender replacement engines and possibly with 48v mild Hybrid and optional PHEV capability....... don’t know whether to believe or nor as I have a deposit on a Defender replacement 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #575165 Wed Feb 13 2019 2:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Punkawallah wrote:
Interestingly they seem to have brought back the Brembo front brakes for this model...?!

Not sure if they are still brembo underneath but the same LR branded red calipers were still available on >MY18 Phev, SDv8, SCv8, SVR. It was only the SDv6 that they dropped them from, given this engine is only available in the 'sporty' HST trim makes sense they will have showy brakes on.

Post #575823 Sun Feb 24 2019 7:46pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Isnt it the same Ingenium engine with two extra cylinders added as is been used on the new Evoque and Velar so shouldnt be any problems.

Im not sure what makes this so special though it should have just been added to the engine lineup available.

Post #575833 Sun Feb 24 2019 8:40pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

In addition to the extra 2 cylinders I think it has soemthing sort of mild hybrid technology. I also think I read somewhere or has an electric supercharger to eliminate turbo lag

Post #575841 Sun Feb 24 2019 10:56pm
Tim in Scotland

If you read the DiscoSport and Evoque forums there are lots of unhappy Ingenium engine owners - same issue with extreme oil servicing intervals and Adblu thirst as reported here with the current V6 motor - same answer from JLR as we’ll - incorrect driving techniques......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #575863 Mon Feb 25 2019 12:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

ooops, there was an echo on the satellite link i’m Connected to..... Whistle 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Feb 27 2019 5:54pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #575864 Mon Feb 25 2019 12:14pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Thats disappointing especially when they are used so much through the range.

I haven't driven the new Evoque with the mild hybrid so cant comment on what a difference it makes to a car but it all seems very complex.

Other brands have used the 48v Battery idea for years and ive never bought into it and with Audi now launching Hybrid models of the Q5 on the outside they seem years ahead of Landrover engine design and performance on the outside at least.

I dont see any excuses the Velar and new Evoque couldn't be launched with a full hybrid engine capable of a decent range from the start so struggle with this new direction of engines.

Post #575889 Mon Feb 25 2019 6:53pm
Renaco

Germany 

Tim relates only to Diesel Ingenium Engines...

Please mind, the Petrol Ingenium 4 Zylinders are absolutely competitive, in Output and Sound.
I drove in 6 Month more than 20.000 km with my P400e, and the petrol engine works fine, also the hybrid drivetrain is faultless, and this on german highways with me and my wife as a fullspeed driver... Wink

Just another Point of view on LR engenieering (except qualiity control and service Wink

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #575904 Mon Feb 25 2019 8:18pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes I should have mentioned that the problem engines are the diesels, but relatively few 4 pot petrols have been sold and were withdrawn from the RRS and Disco5 fairly promptly after they were introduced, possibly due to buyer resistance that such a small engine wasn’t really suited to what is perceived to be a big and heavy car. Combined with a proper PHEV system though the 4 cylinder petrol turbo seems to be well up to the job, although it is a lot of output for a smallish engine. The non-PHEV D5 I drove for a day was really sluggish on acceleration but once up to speed was a smooth and quiet engine, having the big battery and electric motor makes a lot of difference to acceleration. Even between the PHEV and non-PHEV Countryman, the PHEV accelerates away much quicker than the non-PHEV with the same petrol 3 cylinder 1.5 despite the PHEV having to lug around the extra weight of the HV battery. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #576029 Wed Feb 27 2019 6:03pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

This new I6 does interest me, but I think I'd be more comfortable with it being in the wild for a little while first.

Also this HST badge they've brought back is interesting, can't quite figure out whether its a good model specification or not.

Apparently fits between HSE Dynamic and Autobiography Dynamic whilst not having some of the things the lower HSE Dynamic spec has.

Will read more about it also the old V6 petrol did not suit the RRS at all in its short lived run, will need to drive the I6 to see if the MHEV tech gives it that low down grunt the V6 petrol was missing (once it got going it flew though - just didn't feel very Range Rover).

Post #576052 Thu Feb 28 2019 12:35am
Tim in Scotland

The HST follows the best LR tradition then, base model with some fancy extra toys but at a much higher price than the normal base model because you think you are getting something special. I will say one thing for JLR though, at least they don’t spew out endless “Special Edition” models - the only model that seems to have had a few has been Evoque, goodness knows why because they couldn’t build enough standard models as it was and some of the specials were not at all popular - scillian Lemon Yellow editions, Beckham Edition, Ember Edition and more recently there has been a special blue Edition but at least they made them in fairly limited numbers of 400-600 for sale worldwide. Only 2 Beckham Editions sold in the UK out of 120 built, most went to Russian and Chinese markets and at >£80,000 a pop in 2012 it isn’t hard to see why it wasn’t taken up in the UK (or maybe it was the association with the Beckham name that put people off!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #576054 Thu Feb 28 2019 9:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>