RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Recommend me a press agency to sell my story
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Recommend me a press agency to sell my story

I appreciate this is a little out of the ordinary.

I have recently been unlucky enough to have run into a couple who are liars, thieves and serial fraudsters. A property letting agency obviously didn't do their background checks sufficiently thoroughly. I have had the tenants from hell.

As this couple have also been stupid enough to attract media attention to themselves and have even appeared in a (completely sh*t) reality TV programme I feel it is my duty to expose them.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a press agency or any other body that I can approach to guarantee maximum publicity and embarrassment for this charming pair?

Oh yes - and there is a motoring connection! 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #575557 Tue Feb 19 2019 6:32pm
GodivaNige

England 

I'm a press photographer so deal with agencies from time to time.
You might get lucky going direct to the Sun or the Mail (these two are the easiest to get through the door) and they may send a reporter to have a chat with you IF the story is of any interest, don't get your hopes up though, the rags a very picky. However, as for selling your story, you won't get a penny unless there is interest from rival publications. Money only changes hands if there is substantial meat and for that, there needs to be at least two rags competing for exclusivity. Chances are, if your story is of interest then you may get to tell it, but only for free. That said, a reporter MAY buy you lunch... but thats about it.

An indépendant agency will only act on your behalf if the same is true, there is a likelihood they will be paid a substantial cut. If you can't get a rag to take notice, then an agency will have no chance either.

One final thing, your story needs to be rock solid, with evidence to back it up. You'll not get anyone to take it up if theres a chance of a libel claim.

Post #575583 Tue Feb 19 2019 9:59pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You might want a chat with your agents about their liability insurance as well if you think you can evidence a failure of due diligence on their part and you can show a direct financial loss has arisen, or some landlord insurances may help (cover for the issue or cover to pursue negligent agent). Similarly, if they are still your tenants, then depending on the tenancy agreement you have with them then a "no fault" accelerated possession proccedure may be available to you depending on how long a tenancy you gave them and how long has elapsed/is left, but you will need a possession order and warrant to evict to do that legally, and the process can take a few months/cost in the low hundreds.

Post #575588 Wed Feb 20 2019 7:15am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thanks for the advice chaps. I'm proceeding with all the necessary caution. Note that we were only letting my mother's house with the objective of raising some money to help pay for her care in a home since she became too ill to look after herself.
Far from raising any money it has cost us a fortune because the tenants never paid the rent (for over 12 months) and we have had to pay a solicitor to go through the long slow process of getting a court order to evict them.
If we were lucky enough to be paid anything for the story it would be used for my mother's benefit and not our own. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #575646 Thu Feb 21 2019 12:25pm
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What they call “Accidental Landlord”, same position but decided to sell at best price to pay £2800 every month.
Really feel for you !

Post #575703 Fri Feb 22 2019 6:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1