User Registered Confirmed
spookySat Feb 16 2019 12:50pmspooky is confirmed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

spooky

Switzerland 
New Sport received

Hello,

I just went this morning to check my brand new Sport V8SC Rio Gold. Basically, I took most of the options.

I spent over 1 hour verifying the paint, interior details and options:
- rio gold looks exactly like I imagined
- the panoramic roof is huuuuge!
- the 220V plug is not in Swiss format
- the Homelink remote for garage door is missing: they told me they cannot add it, is that correct?
- stain around start button area
- the 22 ways seats seems very comfortable
- it moves up and down way quicker than the rrs1
- not sure if the dash is leather or not but looks ok
- love all the gimmicks, 2nd screen, hud, wheel buttons
- did not find how to lock manually the 2 differentials
- central seat does not hold well in place

I think I will pay and collect it on Tuesday and leave them my rrs1 v8sc... then I can take good pictures...Wink

Post #575364 Sat Feb 16 2019 12:48pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The diffs are auto locking, you cannot control them - they work very quickly too and they lock up in stages, rather open/closed - you can watch them working on the 4x4 info screen IIRC

My RRS had 22” wheels and 100% road biased tyres and I was surprised how much work diffs did in heavy rain/ standing water onroad!

Disappointing that the homelink wasn’t fitted as ordered - I know it cannot be retro-fitted because I tried that route a few years ago with an Evoque. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Feb 17 2019 1:30am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #575368 Sat Feb 16 2019 3:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
spooky

Switzerland 

Thanks for the answer, at least now I know that my mechanics was right regarding impossible retrofitting of the Homelink (I’ll try to make money out of this - small - frustration).

Thanks also for the diff info, now I wonder how you did your sceenshots, I guess it was in a very special situation...Wink

Post #575389 Sat Feb 16 2019 7:19pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
is Rio Gold the new Ipanema sand Question looks very nice but a bit biased as that was our last colour, with Arabica interior Thumbs Up

that car had the Homelink and the new one does'nt Rolling Eyes we used it for the garage lights, now use a £10 remote that controls 3 different plug sockets Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #575395 Sat Feb 16 2019 7:50pm
Tim in Scotland

spooky wrote:
Thanks also for the diff info, now I wonder how you did your sceenshots, I guess it was in a very special situation...Wink

Looking at them now I wonder too as the dash clearly show the gear selected was D and R and in rock crawl mode.......... not a situation I used much, especially rock crawl - I suspect I was on an off-road run and playing with the settings to show somebody else. I’am One if the few here who took my 3 RRS’s off road frequently. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #575418 Sun Feb 17 2019 1:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
spooky

Switzerland 

riverblanche wrote:
Hi,
is Rio Gold the new Ipanema sand Question looks very nice but a bit biased as that was our last colour, with Arabica interior Thumbs Up

that car had the Homelink and the new one does'nt Rolling Eyes we used it for the garage lights, now use a £10 remote that controls 3 different plug sockets Thumbs Up

I asked and understood that rio gold is different.

Click image to enlarge

Post #575659 Thu Feb 21 2019 5:46pm
Tim in Scotland

It looks more like what was called Aruba until recently 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #575672 Thu Feb 21 2019 7:54pm
spooky

Switzerland 

After a few days, I can say I like the car. Not a big fan about the engine sound (compared to the L320 V8sc), sounds like a Camaro, Wink but my opinion may evolve over time.

About the Homelink retrofit, I just discovered that it is part of the accessories, so yes it is possible and I am inclined to think that all the technical employees of my LR resellers who said retrofit is impossible are just... bad technicians.

Post #575793 Sun Feb 24 2019 1:33pm
spooky

Switzerland 

I finally had a successful fitting of the homelink system, I had to use a screenshot of the LR accessory page to convince them that it was possible...Smile

Post #587142 Wed Sep 18 2019 5:09am
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

All the wiring is there for the Homelink and it is an easy option to retro fit TBH, not sure why a LR person would say otherwise Thumbs Up

It might be an expensive option and you need to be brave when taking the mirror off but not difficult Wink "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #587444 Tue Sep 24 2019 12:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1