RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Grabber 275's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Tim - not sure if you're still reading this post but I have just changed back to the original 21 inch wheels with the standard-fit Pirelli Scorpion Verdes on them (I have been using Grabbers on 20 inch wheels for winter season) and I have noticed a HUGE improvement in cabin noise, grip and - more confusingly - ride comfort.

I think the improved ride comfort is because (although slightly lower profile) the scorpions probably have a softer/more compliant sidewall than the Grabbers.

I doubt I will bother going back to Grabbers again next winter - I actually feel for a car of the L494's performance/handling, they are not far off being dangerous if you drive with any enthusiasm, especially in the wet.

Post #575075 Tue Feb 12 2019 9:27am
Timf

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Hi Punkawallah, interesting what you say. I agree with your view on Grabbers not being nearly as good as regular tyres in spirited driving - and although I haven't wanted to admit it, I agree they can feel dangerous in really wet conditions.

So....can anyone please give me a recommendation for a new set of 275/45/20 tyres which will be better off road (slippery grass/tracks only) than the Pirelli Scorpion 275/40/20, but with better wet handling than the Grabbers? Thumbs Up

Post #575093 Tue Feb 12 2019 12:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12