RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 10 Things I Love About My New MY19 RRS...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dc44back

United Kingdom 
10 Things I Love About My New MY19 RRS...

Here are 10 reasons why my new MY19 RRS is fantastic:

1. The 5.0SC engine - just an absolute beast and so smooth and effortless to drive, Dynamic mode just makes you smile at the acceleration and sheer untamed growling

2. The seating position - the best seating position in any vehicle I’ve driven. You never get bored of driving even when just popping down to the shops for more fish fingers for the 2 year old. Just perfect.

3. Air suspension comfort and ride - hugely relaxing and enjoyable, my back is in love with this car but my chiropractor hates it!

4. ICTP Graphics - clean, crisp, colourful and beautiful UX. once you get used to the menus it’s actually very simple and intuitive, with very few exceptions

5. Meridian sound system - awesome sounds banging out of speakers in every nook and cranny fill the cabin in such a positive way

6. Pixel Laser lights - it’s almost as fun driving at night as it is watching the light show at the Dubai Mall!

7. ICTP Sat Nav - I used to have a Jag XKR and then an F-Type. The sat Navs in those cars were pitiful. The latest ICTP sat Nav version is absolutely top class and with live traffic, I get instant updates more accurate than Google Maps and I also get camera alerts. I can just touch the screen to pick up local amenities like restaurants and hotels which I can call directly from the touch screen. It really is a huge improvement and beats other systems in my view.

8. Heat/Cool/Massage Seats - extremely comfortable and ultimately versatile leather seats that make you feel like you’re on a business class flight (just where is that hostess with my Bloody Mary?? 🙄)

9. Stunning looks and road presence - I parked directly outside one of my local restaurants this morning and the owner was outside having a fag. He just salivated over the looks of my RRS AB. It just has such as great presence.

10. It’s British - I love that this car was designed and built in Britain. I get an extra sense of pride knowing it’s a British car in these important ways (not the ultimate parent ownership way which makes no odds to me). I saw it being built at the factory and met many of the different operatives that put it together. And coming from a 20 year car ownership period which has been dominated by German cars, save for the two disappointing Jags, I’m pleased to support the British car industry.

So, in summary, I’m very pleased to join the RRS ownership clan. I see so many posts of disgruntled owners so I feel lucky, thus far, to have picked a winner.

Adios Dudes MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574512 Mon Feb 04 2019 3:59pm
rangiejools

Australia 

I agree with almost everything apart from Meridian which is not quite as good as my 2014 RRS. ICTP fab apart from one or two small glitches. I am 3 updates out since got car at end of December. Being done next week. My SDV8 fantastic engine. Unfortunately can't use it full potential here in nanny state Australia. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #574587 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:34am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Greetings down under!

I’ve had Bose and Harmon Kardon systems previously and they’re nothing like the Meridian system.

I was exclusively a talkradio listener before but my RRS has got me back into music again...

The 18d update will make a world of difference. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574591 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:53am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Good to hear dc and glad you are happy! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #574592 Tue Feb 05 2019 9:54am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

@dc44back does the SC have the same 8-speed ZF gearbox as the SDV6 variant? If it does, I'm surprised it hasn't made it to the list of top 10! It was certainly among my top 3 while I had my L494. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #574594 Tue Feb 05 2019 10:46am
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Great post! Agree with all the points which also apply to my 2014 AB...

Which Meridian do you have DC? I "only" have the 825W "middle of the road"one but it is still the best car stereo I have owned (I've had Porsche Bose and BMW Harmon Kardon). The standard RRS L494 one is pitiful for a car of this level...a real joke.

3 extra things I love about the RRS L494:

11. The car's Off-Road capability - it is quite extraordinary to be able to drive down the motorway to the farm in near-silence and total comfort and, without even having to change a single setting, being able to wade through deep mud or climb a wet grass bank which my quad bike struggles to get up!

12. The sliding panoramic roof - it's a lovely piece of design and fills the interior with light (and air in the summer).

13. The massive Brembo brakes - best brakes I've had. Full. Stop.

Post #574598 Tue Feb 05 2019 11:08am
rangiejools

Australia 

dc44back wrote:
Greetings down under!

I’ve had Bose and Harmon Kardon systems previously and they’re nothing like the Meridian system.

I was exclusively a talkradio listener before but my RRS has got me back into music again...

The 18d update will make a world of difference.

Yes the 825W Meridian is the best I have ever had in any of my cars. But the one I have in my SDV8 is not quite as good as my previous RRS. Being a recording engineer I am very very picky. But I am listening to much more music now in the car. I am on 18d currently but my dealer tells me I am 3 updates of it behind. He tells me that there are updates every week or 2.
Re the RRS's of road ability we took an SDV6 across the Simpson Desert a couple of years ago. Took it in its stride.

SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #574602 Tue Feb 05 2019 12:22pm
Chips

England 

Good to hear the sat nav has improved , it wouldn't be difficult over my 16 plate A/B . Just driven to the alps and back and was seriously considering changing back to a Q7 just because of the hopless sat-nav despite it being the most comfortable car I have ever driven , Alpe D'Huez to Shropshire in one go and not a single ache in my body ! Looks like I need to save up for a facelift then ! MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #574609 Tue Feb 05 2019 2:20pm
BKHK

Australia 

I’m really glad you love your 5.0SC. I also loved the engine. The rest was poor quality and overpriced. It lasted 11 months from brand new. I said never JLR again but maybe a used diesel one day as a run around If I can find one cheap enough.

Post #574611 Tue Feb 05 2019 2:51pm
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

Ragiejools - interesting that the latest Meridien 825 watt system is not as good as the earlier one - I wonder why? Also, surprised with your job that you didn't save up for the Signature Reference one!

Great pics of Simpson Desert - my mum crossed it in a diesel VW Golf in 1979 so I should hope the RRS didn't have too many issues!

Post #574614 Tue Feb 05 2019 3:43pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

fkarim wrote:
@dc44back does the SC have the same 8-speed ZF gearbox as the SDV6 variant? If it does, I'm surprised it hasn't made it to the list of top 10! It was certainly among my top 3 while I had my L494.

No idea dude. But it’s a perfect set up. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574641 Tue Feb 05 2019 11:10pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Punkawallah wrote:
Great post! Agree with all the points which also apply to my 2014 AB...

Which Meridian do you have DC? I "only" have the 825W "middle of the road"one but it is still the best car stereo I have owned (I've had Porsche Bose and BMW Harmon Kardon). The standard RRS L494 one is pitiful for a car of this level...a real joke.

3 extra things I love about the RRS L494:

11. The car's Off-Road capability - it is quite extraordinary to be able to drive down the motorway to the farm in near-silence and total comfort and, without even having to change a single setting, being able to wade through deep mud or climb a wet grass bank which my quad bike struggles to get up!

12. The sliding panoramic roof - it's a lovely piece of design and fills the interior with light (and air in the summer).

13. The massive Brembo brakes - best brakes I've had. Full. Stop.

I have the Meridian Surround 825w - for me, it’s jist right but I actually think the acoustics in the car help too. Maybe the combo is what makes it so much better than the Bose/HK. Haven’t heard Burmeister though which I understand Merc now use.

Good additional points. Agree with them all. But “top 13” would have been unlucky Rolling with laughter MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574642 Tue Feb 05 2019 11:14pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

“Yes the 825W Meridian is the best I have ever had in any of my cars. But the one I have in my SDV8 is not quite as good as my previous RRS. Being a recording engineer I am very very picky. But I am listening to much more music now in the car. I am on 18d currently but my dealer tells me I am 3 updates of it behind. He tells me that there are updates every week or 2.
Re the RRS's of road ability we took an SDV6 across the Simpson Desert a couple of years ago. Took it in its stride.”

It would be good to know what changes/improvements those 3 updates involved? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Last edited by dc44back on Tue Feb 05 2019 11:31pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #574643 Tue Feb 05 2019 11:16pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Chips wrote:
Good to hear the sat nav has improved , it wouldn't be difficult over my 16 plate A/B . Just driven to the alps and back and was seriously considering changing back to a Q7 just because of the hopless sat-nav despite it being the most comfortable car I have ever driven , Alpe D'Huez to Shropshire in one go and not a single ache in my body ! Looks like I need to save up for a facelift then !

My previous was an SQ7 which I traded for a Q7 before. Great cars. The SQ7 is immense but the engine is pretty fake. Fake sound at low revs masking the diesel hum. The more you accelerate the less noise. I found that a bit odd.

My top 10 list is pretty much what I prefer over and above the SQ7 which I won’t put down in any way seeing as I sold it to my brother!

The Rangie is just a cut above. Having said that, I have an AB with just about every extra, even a digital TV for goodness sake, so to get to the level of awesomeness you do need about 20k of extras. That’s really why I bought one new so I could put everything I wanted in it.

Car reviewers are getting stiffies over the new Q8 but I saw one today and it looked very average on the street in my view. And I’m not that impressed with the new tech. Whilst it will definitely be superior reliability to the RRS system as German cars are, it doesn’t look anywhere near as nice and is pretty boring. In my view of course. Looks are always subjective. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #574644 Tue Feb 05 2019 11:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1