RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Thanks and good-bye
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

dc44back

United Kingdom 

I think phase 5 is about as real as the Loch Ness monster... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573822 Fri Jan 25 2019 8:14pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ha! Ha! Someone said something similar when I mentioned Apple Car Play coming. Rolling with laughter

I guess we will wait and see.................... 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Last edited by jimbg on Sat Jan 26 2019 9:38am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #573829 Fri Jan 25 2019 10:17pm
AHSFCA

United States 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

dc44back wrote:
Hi andrew,

You need 18d.

It’s like all your Christmases as once when that baby lands... Laughing

I definitely want the latest but will wait for the first service. Even then I'll have to argue for it as they don't like doing any work they can't bill for. But good to know it's worth the upgrade. Thanks!

Just hit 5k miles and so pleased with it. And no rattles or squeaks although that took a long time to happen with my L320. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR – Bosphorus Grey

Post #573836 Sat Jan 26 2019 6:40am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It is also called 19A apparently. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #573839 Sat Jan 26 2019 9:38am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

AHSFCA wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Nice downgrade DangerMouse - every time you see a RR at the traffic lights you'll punch yourself Rolling with laughter

Joking mate - hope you enjoy the new car - brave move as I have heard the Volvos have huge problems with their infotainment systems too!

So true. My coworker has a 2018 XC60 and she's had so many problems with it, especially the infotainment. The dealer hasn't been able to help at all and the updates didn't solve anything. I was telling her about my Velar and then the problems with my SVR (occasional blank screens) and mine were very mild in comparison. Actually made me feel better about mine and more patient. And I'm pretty happy that 18C fixed all the problems. Anyway I hope Volvo has also made progress with the bugs.

Hey Guys, thought I'd pop back in and give an update;

Mine has the November 2018 software on it and the latest Polestar software upgrades and I can't say I've had any software problems yet - its early days though!

I will say the software is a lot more advanced than the JLR system, has its own built in apps, Apple Car Play and Android Auto work in a multitasking environment. I like it quite a lot.

Don't get me wrong the RRS/RR are very nice cars but I've had enough of JLR as a company and the build quality of their not cheap cars; I can only go on my own experiences and so far, Volvo seem to be doing ok by me also the T8 hybrid is an interesting car to own and because I bought an ex-demo it isn't going to drop an eye watering amount so I'm still flexible to jump into something else - side bonus, its fully Ultra Low Emission Discount compliant for the Congestion Charging zone Smile

I am also willing to tolerate a lot more issues (there haven't been any show stoppers so far) due to the different price bracket the car is in. With RR/RRS I feel like 20/30% of the cost is simply going on the badge and nothing else, I always come away feeling like I've overpaid for the vehicles, with the Volvo I feel the price is a lot more realistic (again in my opinion).

Anyway just my 2p Smile

Post #574461 Sun Feb 03 2019 10:12pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Agree with a lot of what you have said DMUK. After 3 RRSs I moved to XC90 T8. One of the main reasons was a genuine intention to downgrade because we only drive weekends & holidays and it simply didn’t make sense to keep a car like RRS sitting idle on the driveway for 5 days most weeks. The truth is, it has turned out to be an upgrade in more ways than I can list! There are very few things I miss about the RRS and I can happily live without those, especially with the knowledge that the upside is huge and I don’t even mean economically. I have had mine for over 3 weeks now but I have been putting off writing a review in the “other cars” section because I want to give it more time. I want to be as objective as possible when doing the write up and want to find negatives - so far the Volvo has let me down in that department so I will soon give up and put my thoughts to paper Laughing

I understand this is a Range Rover Sport forum so naturally an opinion like this won’t be popular. However, in reality if you ignore the badge (btw I was never into badge snobbery and my reasons to choose RRS were entirely practical), there is a lot out there that comfortably beats RRS (and other LR products) in most departments for much less money. It was a revelation for me because I used to say RRS was the best overall package for my circumstances. Actually most of the features behind that statement were hardly ever utilised in practice. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #574467 Sun Feb 03 2019 11:18pm
IRBails

Australia 

Here is a review

No good for Australian conditions, the local shop is more than 20 miles away. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #574483 Mon Feb 04 2019 10:04am
Punkawallah

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Adriatic Blue

I have read this thread with interest.

Whilst I can understand that people's circumstances change, with the utmost of respect, I don't think any of the cars mentioned here can really be compared to the RRS - it is a unique offering in terms of its genuine off-road ability combined with excellent on-road handling/performance and that's before considering aesthetics and feel-good factors which of course are more subjective...

The Volvo is a great car (I've driven the T8 and it is VERY fast but hopeless MPG - worse my 2014 SDV6!) but it really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the RRS unless you are buying the RRS purely for town/on-road driving.

Perhaps I am one of the few people who take my RRS properly off-road on a regular basis but nothing else comes close when on-road and off-road capabilities are taken into account - Cayenne, Toureg, XC-90, Lexus RX included. I've had all of these BADLY stuck on my farm (driven by their respective owners I must add!) in the last 3 years - the Lexus got stuck on a slightly rutted track!

Given all the slating of RRSs by previous RRS owners on this site, I think it is important to stand up and say what an amazing vehicle I personally think it is.....so far anyway!

Post #574500 Mon Feb 04 2019 1:13pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes it is way ahead of the competition in the offroad stakes and I regularly off-roaded my L320’s and L494 but there are so few owners who do offroad them (and FKarim did offroad his L494) that the compromises to achieve that ability are too much for those who own driveway queens and London city street crawlers. I’m glad I’ve had a break from LR ownership, it has opened my eyes to what else there is that doesn’t need to have luxury offroad ability for me. I still have my ancient Defender to bash and dent on a cross country drive and while my Countryman might handle a forest fire road that is about as far offroad as it is capable of going, but I knew that before I bought it. Land Rover’s problem is that they are trying to justify the high prices by having a car that 99% of owners will never even attempt to utilise it main attraction. I am waiting for the Defender replacement to come on sale, I have a deposit paid but if it is going to be a leather bound, “luxury” utility i’ll Not be interested, a Disco5 is way too big for my needs and Velar is just a sparkly trinket and not really a Land Rover at all. Disco Sport is nice but to get it to the same spec as my Countryman prices it out of the running by in excess of £12,000 and you cannot yet get one in PHEV form, i’ve Had 2 Evoques and while one was brilliant the 2nd one spent too much time (every 10 days) in a workshop I nearly didn’t want to buy another JLR product again........... but bought the 2015 RRS instead. I keep looking at the LR Approved used website to see if anything tickles my fancy but very little does, there never any used PHEVs on it at anything other than rip off prices and i’m Not impressed with the issues that the petrol Ingenium enesvhave had or the electronics problem with the Velar style screens that folks seem to be having. My Countryman has everything I need in a car, it is beautifully assembled (sunroof blind apart....) issue free and indon’t Have any worries about engine failures due to design faults and it is very very cheap to run while being huge fun to drive. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #574511 Mon Feb 04 2019 3:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Punkawallah wrote:
I have read this thread with interest.

Whilst I can understand that people's circumstances change, with the utmost of respect, I don't think any of the cars mentioned here can really be compared to the RRS - it is a unique offering in terms of its genuine off-road ability combined with excellent on-road handling/performance and that's before considering aesthetics and feel-good factors which of course are more subjective...

The Volvo is a great car (I've driven the T8 and it is VERY fast but hopeless MPG - worse my 2014 SDV6!) but it really shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the RRS unless you are buying the RRS purely for town/on-road driving.

Perhaps I am one of the few people who take my RRS properly off-road on a regular basis but nothing else comes close when on-road and off-road capabilities are taken into account - Cayenne, Toureg, XC-90, Lexus RX included. I've had all of these BADLY stuck on my farm (driven by their respective owners I must add!) in the last 3 years - the Lexus got stuck on a slightly rutted track!

Given all the slating of RRSs by previous RRS owners on this site, I think it is important to stand up and say what an amazing vehicle I personally think it is.....so far anyway!

I completely agree with the off-road capability point and if you need that then RRS is great. I agree about handling too but then XC90 is a bigger, PROPER 7 seater and shouldn’t be compared to RRS but to Discovery in that regard. Other than that, what do you have in mind? The tech in my XC90 works so well and feels like at least a decade ahead of what my MY16 L494 had, the driving position and view of the road is the same (if not better), it is more comfortable than my L494 was, the seats are amazing, it is so well put together and quality of materials is superb, the list just goes on. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #574534 Mon Feb 04 2019 7:46pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I do agree on the off-road part - the cost difference didn't equate to the one or two times a year I might want to use that off-roading ability, so I changed.

I was quite loyal to JLR - went through quite a few of their vehicles in the past 8 or so years, but times are changing for me - and it seems them too if the press are to be believed.

There's no way I'm going to sit here and compare a Volvo XC60 to a Range Rover Sport, or even a Velar for that matter, they aren't in comparable leagues, the Volvo does however work for me, I'm really enjoying it and it's where I've gone after having had enough of JLR as a company, the dealerships in Central London (and their attitudes - barring Grange in Woodford who are nice guys), the reliability of the vehicles I've personally owned and the feeling of always over paying for goods that don't personally fit up to the quality the marketing portrays.

Everyone's journey is different though and who knows what the future holds, also don't get me wrong JLR still make very desirable vehicles, but I am where I am and am so far really liking the Volvo ownership experience!

Post #576050 Thu Feb 28 2019 1:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234