RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Latest lower screen graphics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Big Dez

England 
Latest lower screen graphics

Just pick my car back up from the dealership yesterday after having a problem with no voice commands from satnav and no audible alerts for safety camera which has now been rectified. But am very disappointed with the new graphics for the terrain response with the latest software update see photos. Where as before you got a different view of the car in each of the various modes the only thing that alters slightly is the graphics in the top left hand side of the screen, nowhere near as nice as the original set up!! Will be speaking with the dealership to see if it can be put back to the original which in my opinion was far superior. Does anyone else have a opinion on this?

Post #572928 Sat Jan 12 2019 2:42pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Will it remember the ambient lighting setting after you’ve used Dynamic mode?

I’m hoping this is a fix in 18d. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572973 Sat Jan 12 2019 10:59pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mine is still on the previous graphics but it still changes the ambient lighting every couple of starts - Dynamic or not...it just forgets and defaults to white - irritating.

I agree that the new graphics you show here are pretty Censored !

Post #572984 Sun Jan 13 2019 10:31am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

My car is in the dealer getting upgraded to 18d.

Upgrade failed on Friday which is apparently quite common according to dealer.

Im informed the ambient lighting issue resolved with 18d as well as the no ACP after remote start up. Two hampering issues for me.

Always a subjective subject re look and feel. Some people on the Velar forum like the new graphics better.

I’d be surprised if JLR address any concerns over this. They’ve got bigger fish to fry regarding systems issues I would imagine.

Overall, the graphics are in my view far Superior to German cars which are pretty bland. Even the new Audi haptic touch screen infotainment is dull by comparison, Merc I just don’t like, it’s been the same since they started graphic displays. Their consistency is both a strength and a weakness. But with JLR doing their own software development as opposed to, say Merc who outsource to Siemens, it’s always going to be a struggle to match the performance and reliability.

If 18d does what it says on the tin, things are in a good place. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572989 Sun Jan 13 2019 11:07am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

dc44back wrote:
Will it remember the ambient lighting setting after you’ve used Dynamic mode?

I’m hoping this is a fix in 18d.

I haven't had this problem on mine? Very odd indeed! Goes red when switching into Dynamic mode and back to which ever colour I had on before once I come out.

Re the graphics, tbh if the newer software improves the reliability I wouldn't care if it looked like a 1980s arcade game... Guessing the colour of the car doesn't match the display either still?

I love JLR and constantly stick up for them even after my 2017 LR year of hell but when I get a different problem each day I drive to work I am really starting to lose faith.

Post #573039 Sun Jan 13 2019 10:29pm
PlasticKnife

United Kingdom 

I have the same 2 issues. No ACP after remote start which is annoying this time of year being so cold. I have the ambient lighting issue too. Its seems it stays on the colour i have picked for 2 or 3 restarts then just forgets.

Other issues i have noticed are the screen occasionally doesn't come out at a angle like it should and also my climate sometimes just doesn't work at all with a blank screen. It will still put out air at the temperature it was set on the last journey but no way to adjust anything as the screen is black.

I have also experienced twice, the whole infotainment fails to boot up visually so you cant change anything until after full restart (which means waiting 5 mins for the whole system to shut down)

Why do JLR have so many issues with their electronics. Blooming annoying MY19 - HSE Dynamic. Black with black pack

Last edited by PlasticKnife on Mon Jan 21 2019 1:44pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #573564 Mon Jan 21 2019 11:40am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

They should take a look at how Audi screens work on the A8. Marvelous on styling, layout & information. LR are years behind.
I will seriously look at Audi, Mercedes, BMW & Volvo before my next purchase. Would normally have just ordered another one but no more as the software seems Censored reading these accounts

Post #573565 Mon Jan 21 2019 11:58am
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Apparently, once the update is done there is no way back - its a one time decision and the new graphics are there to stay - that is until the next upgrade lol Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #573577 Mon Jan 21 2019 3:24pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Got car back last week with 18d which is excellent.

Apple CarPlay loads much quicker, works after remote start and the ambient lighting remembers itself through the driving mode cycles.

I quite like the new graphics personally. I certainly do compared to the boring Audi I had before. Of course it’s all subjective but I seriously question the suggestion that Audi’s look better. They’re known for boring styling. High quality materials though which is never in doubt on any of their models.

Lower screen has been behaving itself well since but still checking. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573611 Tue Jan 22 2019 8:46am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

So apart from having to keep going in and going back to the ambient lighting I want (it changes to default white every few starts even if I dont change driving mode!) I will not be upgrading as there are no other reported issues with what I have 18c.

Post #573681 Wed Jan 23 2019 11:34am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

18d loads your smartphone phone much quicker especially if you disconnect and reconnect when you stop temporarily say at a petrol station.

Remote start works with smartphone loading.

I’ve had another issue of the lower screen appearing dim/darker (or less bright) on a journey which is odd because (a) the upper screen and dashboard stay bright and (b) there’s no actual way to change it (the brightness dial next to the light switch on the underside of dash only affects the upper and dashboard.

It went back to the normal brightness on my next journey.

Strange one really. Not a crazy issue but slightly odd behaviour. The weather outside at the time was dreary and the ambient lighting was on so perhaps it decided to reduce brightness automatically based on the outside light.

If this is the case, one would ask why the upper didn’t change to dark mode or the dash sim/darken too.

Anyone had this issue? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573683 Wed Jan 23 2019 11:53am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

18d loads your smartphone phone much quicker especially if you disconnect and reconnect when you stop temporarily say at a petrol station.

Remote start works with smartphone loading.

I’ve had another issue of the lower screen appearing dim/darker (or less bright) on a journey which is odd because (a) the upper screen and dashboard stay bright and (b) there’s no actual way to change it (the brightness dial next to the light switch on the underside of dash only affects the upper and dashboard.

It went back to the normal brightness on my next journey.

Strange one really. Not a crazy issue but slightly odd behaviour. The weather outside at the time was dreary and the ambient lighting was on so perhaps it decided to reduce brightness automatically based on the outside light.

If this is the case, one would ask why the upper didn’t change to dark mode or the dash sim/darken too.

Anyone had this issue? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573684 Wed Jan 23 2019 11:53am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What was the old graphics and how is the new one different?

As someone with switches to control things rather than touch screens, I'm intrigued what LR are doing in their "updates". 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #573685 Wed Jan 23 2019 11:58am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

in the lower screen the "vehicle" tab showed a RRS graphic in various terrains to denote the drive setting.

the graphics were a bit more picture like and now they've changed to just the same car graphic with varying background terrain to the top left side of the car.

not much difference to me really but some have voiced disapproval especially on the Velar forum. Mind you, on that site there appears to be professional posters as they talk about absolutely everything going on and complain vividly about every little nook and cranny in the system. some justified but some just pedantic in my view.

not that I continually follow it of course.... Big Cry MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Last edited by dc44back on Wed Jan 23 2019 12:50pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #573692 Wed Jan 23 2019 12:42pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Regarding the switch vs touch issue, my view is once you get used to the system and have everything set up, it's not really an issue to use the touch screens. I find them very quick to use and generally most things are in the right place.

I only have two gripes which I'll repeat, why not:

1. Like Audi and Merc offer, you should be able to cycle through the info panel view options on the dashboard with a button on the steering wheel, not as present having to use a button to dig into settings and navigate around to change the view which is too much effort to do on the move.

2. When ACP is taking over the upper screen, it should still keep the horizontal menu bar displayed so you can easily switch between using ACP apps and going into ICTP sat nav, access cameras, park assist, etc. (at the moment you can only move between the ICTP and ACP by accessing the Land Rover App in ACP or the ACP button on the menu bar). Makes navigating overly complicated and time consuming.

Apart from that, I love it.

When I drive at nighttime I get a far better experience than I did in my Mercs and Audis, and that's even considering the far superior ambient lighting in the german cars. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #573693 Wed Jan 23 2019 12:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>