RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Latest lower screen graphics
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Big Dez

England 
Latest lower screen graphics

Just pick my car back up from the dealership yesterday after having a problem with no voice commands from satnav and no audible alerts for safety camera which has now been rectified. But am very disappointed with the new graphics for the terrain response with the latest software update see photos. Where as before you got a different view of the car in each of the various modes the only thing that alters slightly is the graphics in the top left hand side of the screen, nowhere near as nice as the original set up!! Will be speaking with the dealership to see if it can be put back to the original which in my opinion was far superior. Does anyone else have a opinion on this?

Post #572928 Sat Jan 12 2019 2:42pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Will it remember the ambient lighting setting after you’ve used Dynamic mode?

I’m hoping this is a fix in 18d. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572973 Sat Jan 12 2019 10:59pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Mine is still on the previous graphics but it still changes the ambient lighting every couple of starts - Dynamic or not...it just forgets and defaults to white - irritating.

I agree that the new graphics you show here are pretty Censored !

Post #572984 Sun Jan 13 2019 10:31am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

My car is in the dealer getting upgraded to 18d.

Upgrade failed on Friday which is apparently quite common according to dealer.

Im informed the ambient lighting issue resolved with 18d as well as the no ACP after remote start up. Two hampering issues for me.

Always a subjective subject re look and feel. Some people on the Velar forum like the new graphics better.

I’d be surprised if JLR address any concerns over this. They’ve got bigger fish to fry regarding systems issues I would imagine.

Overall, the graphics are in my view far Superior to German cars which are pretty bland. Even the new Audi haptic touch screen infotainment is dull by comparison, Merc I just don’t like, it’s been the same since they started graphic displays. Their consistency is both a strength and a weakness. But with JLR doing their own software development as opposed to, say Merc who outsource to Siemens, it’s always going to be a struggle to match the performance and reliability.

If 18d does what it says on the tin, things are in a good place. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #572989 Sun Jan 13 2019 11:07am
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

dc44back wrote:
Will it remember the ambient lighting setting after you’ve used Dynamic mode?

I’m hoping this is a fix in 18d.

I haven't had this problem on mine? Very odd indeed! Goes red when switching into Dynamic mode and back to which ever colour I had on before once I come out.

Re the graphics, tbh if the newer software improves the reliability I wouldn't care if it looked like a 1980s arcade game... Guessing the colour of the car doesn't match the display either still?

I love JLR and constantly stick up for them even after my 2017 LR year of hell but when I get a different problem each day I drive to work I am really starting to lose faith.

Post #573039 Sun Jan 13 2019 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1