RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New purchase questions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Olivarrr

United Kingdom 
New purchase questions!

Morning all,

Moving away from the world of Audi and looking at purchasing a 2012-2013 RRS SDV6. After doing a lot of research I’ve decided I want the last of the old model, with as many toys as I can get whilst still being in budget (£20k with less than 60k on the clock)

No matter how much research I do, I still have a few questions that remain unanswered:

- what’s the difference between the HSE Luxury and HSE (Luxury Pack)? There seems to be both on Autotrader, with the HSE Luxury models having the actual luxury badge on the boot, with the lux pack ones just saying HSE SDV6. From what I’ve read, it’s the addition of the heated steering wheel, bit of leather on the dash and the HK Logic 7 system all as standard, as opposed to being options on the HSE. Have I missed anything?

- does the 2012-2013 model suffer with the camshaft engine failures reported? Is there any preventative work or checks that can be done without spending a fortune?

- does the built in Bluetooth allow you to use your phone and play music through it on the 2012 model?

- is upgrading to a heated steering wheel as simple as buying the wheel and clock spring, fitting and recoding? It’s something I really want but is missing from quite a lot I’m looking at, but I’m very handy with electrics and car coding, so I’m willing to give it a go if it’s pretty much plug-and-play parts.

I’ve always had small sports cars (currently driving a TT) so I’m looking forward to joining the RR crew, as I’d much rather be stuck in traffic in a living room on wheels Laughing thanks in advance for your help!

Post #572069 Mon Dec 31 2018 12:14pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 

Olivarrr - welcome

You ask

Quote:
does the 2012-2013 model suffer with the camshaft engine failures reported? Is there any preventative work or checks that can be done without spending a fortune?

I assume you are referring to the well documented crankshaft failures, in which case I suggest that you read:-

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/535/...k-failure/

and

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/korean-ajdv...75788.html

before proceeding further.

A small percentage of vehicles suffer from this problem, but I wouldn't buy another JLR product, or recommend that anyone else does, unless and until JLR address this issue fairly.

NJSS

Post #572074 Mon Dec 31 2018 12:47pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi and welcome Thumbs Up

from memory the HSE luxury was never an Official landrover model Shocked the dealers put the Luxury badge on and the cars did have added extras above the HSE but they can vary, not sure about Lux pack ?

ours was a 60 plate HSE luxury and had heated wheel, timed climate, remote for climate, centre fridge, homelink and the extra leather,
it depended what was specced at time of build

as for for crank he beat me to it ^^ Laughing Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #572075 Mon Dec 31 2018 12:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1