RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Diesel Hybrid
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

UKBones

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue
Diesel Hybrid

Hi Guys, I’m looking to replace my 2011 RRS TDV6 HSE with either an SDV6 HSE Dynamic or Hybrid. Is the fuel saving & extra power worth the extra cost of the hybrid? 2011 RRS 3.0TDV6 HSE
2015 Mercedes E220 Convertible

Post #571792 Thu Dec 27 2018 2:37pm
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi Ukbones.

I was in the same situation as yourself. I had a MY2014 L494 HSE Dynamic and wanted either a SDV8 or a Hybrid.

I done alot of research and went for the SDV6 Hybrid in the end. This is how I looked at it road tax is £520 compared to my £165 so that helps. Plus if you drive it right with the hybrid I get around 40mpg around town and well over 50mpg on a long run which is far better then the SDV8.

Don't get me wrong I love the SDV8 but the Hybrid is a step further with tech and it is faster too. A friend of mine has a 2014 SDV8 and he can't keep up with me in a race Mr. Green plus my mpg is in a different league Rolling Eyes

The early Hybrids came with 340bhp but the later around 65plate onwards came with 354bhp as the SDV6 had a retune. Mine does have addblue being the 354bhp model which makes the road tax even cheaper. I must admit when you put it in dynamic mode and sport mode on the gear lever wow it's quick and certainly makes me smile Mr. Green

I guess the only downside is there is more tech to go wrong but so far I've had no issues and most people I've spoken too about these give them good reviews with reliability.

Alot of people will say the Hybrid's are alot heavier etc...... But all the hybrid tech only weighs in at 120kg extra and its much lighter all together then a SDV8 or supercharged v8. So a win there too.

Plus it's fun using the EV mode in manual or automatic it's a silent beast Rolling Eyes You can almost get 1mile full EV range but it's not really all to do with that the EV system is always working with the SDV6 so it's always assisting and making more mpg all the time. But if you need to get up and go it really does go it's a beast Thumbs Up plus you can hold the battery charge for when you want too which is great, that way you can keep a full charge when need be.

I certainly think it's the best option over performance and MPG you certainly won't regret it thats for sure. Another plus you don't have the issue of having to charge it with mains power which makes this a brilliant motor for long motorway journey's or city work. It's the best of both.

I like the new Phev apart from that little petrol engine but for me i do long journey's and having something like the Phev running out of electric then running on the petrol engine which at best will only do 25mpg is no good for me but perfect for city people who can just about use only electric.

So yea the SDV6 Hybrid is great and I'm very impressed by it's performance and certainly my MPG.
Don't look back at just a basic diesel go for the hybrid that's my opinion. Once you learn the different ways how to drive it you will gain even more form it.

Today I done a short run into town in Great Yarmouth from my house and back about 35miles most of it is back B roads a bit of A road and the rest town driving in traffic I got 31% engine off and done 43mpg. So got over a 1/4 of my journey with the engine off Mr. Green But that was with me doing it in Manual EV mode which I prefer then Auto mode.

So yea well chuffed.

If you look at you tube and search for the silk trail 2013 you will see they drive SDv6 Hybrid's from Solihull to India where Tata main headquarters is to test the Hybrid's out.

Take one for a test drive you will be impressed.

Any questions I will be happy to help.

Tom Thumbs Up Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #571857 Fri Dec 28 2018 5:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1