Home > General > 2015 5.0 autobiography Dynamic - LR Dealer claims its an SVR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CarlosGonzalez

United Kingdom 
2015 5.0 autobiography Dynamic - LR Dealer claims its an SVR

Good day to all,

I was hoping somebody could assist me in this matter,

I am looking to purchase an SVR and stumbled across an 2015 5.0 autobiography Dynamic according to the listing, on close inspection of the pictures I saw that in fact it is an SVR. Some minutes later I call up the approved land rover dealership and speak to a lady who apparently is in sales, she tells me its an 5.0 autobiography Dynamic with additional modifications. I however am looking at an SVR hence I said I am no longer interested.

Around 2 hours later I get a phone call from the same approved LR dealership and a gentlemen said that the car I was looking at previously is in fact an SVR but the lady just started "and she doesn't know what she is talking about". He claims to have sold RR for many years.

I ask why its description both on a popular car search engine and their own website its listed as 5.0 autobiography Dynamic and not as an SVR. He said that because its one of first models to arrive as SVR's they did not have SVR as a description for the v5 form.

He did send me a video of the car and every part of the car is SVR, including the bodykit, blue brake callipers, 22 inch wheels. Loud exhaust button, and even the digital dash had the SVR theme. I asked him whether he can provide some proof and he did send me a warranty printing of the car where it does state its an SVR.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts about this matter.

Post #571400 Thu Dec 20 2018 12:20am
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

Get the VIN and plug it in Topix - that will give you the definitive answer Thumbs Up --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #571401 Thu Dec 20 2018 6:11am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

If you can’t get the vin pm me the reg & I’ll get it for you.But by the description it does sound like a svr,their is a few RRS2’s with the kit fitted but they never go as far as fitting seats & the exhaust button.I have also seen a few svr’s on the LR approved site with autobiography in the description & even the other way round,,some of these salesmen don’t know the difference in a RRS & a ford KA. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #571405 Thu Dec 20 2018 8:23am
CarlosGonzalez

United Kingdom 

I just checked on Topix and it comes as 5.0 V8 SC PETROL SERIES. The salesman said that this car is not registered as SVR on its Vin number because it was one of the earliest SVR's in the country. Please note from a price perspective its in the SVR range not in the range of a Autobiography 5.0 litre. It also has the bucket seats one will find in an SVR both in the front and in the back. Just thinking if I was to buy it tomorrow will I have difficulty in selling it due it not stating SVR in its VIN number.

Post #571410 Thu Dec 20 2018 11:07am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You might also have a problem insuring it.......... looks like an SVR but isn’t could be a problem for most mainstream insurers. I wonder if what it really is is an ex Press Fleet car for the pre-launch of SVR, in which case it is quite a special car as those usually get scrapped. I was once offered a Disco3 V8 two weeks after launch, it had a very weird spec with options that never came to be offered on production cars and it had nearly 20,000 miles on it! Turned out to have been a test mule used by a local land owner who had been given it by JLR to run into the ground testing its off road ability - it ended up being crushed. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #571411 Thu Dec 20 2018 11:51am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1