RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Home charging for p400e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I’ve noticed locally that Tesla has installed several rapid chargers in a car park where there are other rapid chargers - out of 6 “Superchargers” installed by Tesla 2 are for other makes / plugs and (In Scotland) I don’t need to use my chargepoint rfid card to start the charging as well as it be free to use. There is a difference of the charger post styles for Teslas too - Tesla only points have a red notice on the post but those for any other PHEV/BEV are black but otherwise the same.

There are several apps in the AppStores for charging points - Zapp Map’s app is good and there is also the PlugShare App. I’m not sure how good their European coverage is as I don’t have either the car or a fast enough data connection where I am in Italy to download the area maps to see how good the info is on them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #571363 Wed Dec 19 2018 3:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I guess the Sport not have charging locations in the sat nav and / or route planner? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #571365 Wed Dec 19 2018 3:59pm
Tim in Scotland

I shouldn’t say this but the system in my £40k Mini has both charging points and fuel stations and they get updated over the Mobile data network at frequent intervals automatically..... i found it was also giving some very strange routes when using the routing and I queried that with the dealers....... “ah, sir...... that is because the car defaults to electric mode and will route you along the optimal route for regenerative braking power generating, the system has road gradients programmed in so you avoid hill climbs and take down slopes!” Clever folks these German satnav map programmers. I’m sure a PHEV costing double what mine did will have something similar programmed in but having been a Land Rover owner most of my driving life it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the P400E vehicles didn’t have those databases 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #571382 Wed Dec 19 2018 7:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

I’ve checked both the apps now I am in 4g cover in Marseilles - Zapp-Map only shows UK chargers but PlugShare App shows masses and masses of chargers in France, Germany, Switzerland and Italy

Both apps are free on the AppStore

Just a small section of the PlugShare map of France and Switzerland - tappingbon each map pin brings up data about location, types of plug/sockets available and charging rate as well,as the network that owns it.

Charger info from one picked at random near Geneva

2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #571407 Thu Dec 20 2018 10:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12