RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Normal height only + feedback from my indie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
Normal height only + feedback from my indie

I’ve started a new thread rather than hijacking somebody else’s thread. Ours was diagnosed as needing a new compressor, so it went in yesterday and to have 2 EGR blanks fitted. Dunlop compressor was fitted and the mechanic said that somebody had been there before even though it has prior to our ownership a FDSH (Mayfair) with nothing mentioned in the fist full of receipts. EGR blanks easily done but as a matter of course they clean out the intake tract and he said it was a bit gummy, but it’s all clean now. I mentioned that I use Morrison’s diesel weekly with a treat of V-Power occasionally. He said try and stay away from Supermarket fuel and use the branded stuff with occasional V-Power or other premium choice. It was also noticed that my OSF wheel bearing was noisey, so I got that changed. He said it was an arse to get out and had to revert to the 15 tonne press. His own admission it was the most solid one he’s had to change Whistle .

He also mentioned that my no1 cylinder was showing 1390 on the flow, with the upper limit being 1300.

Either way the bill was a bit more than I had budgeted for but if it needs doing it gets done.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Last edited by Stevepd on Thu Dec 13 2018 4:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #570984 Thu Dec 13 2018 9:55am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Are you sure it was a front wheel bearing? As far as I know, it's only the rear wheel bearings that need a press.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...cement.pdf

Post #570991 Thu Dec 13 2018 12:48pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Yeah i thought the fronts unbolted Thumbs Up

Post #570997 Thu Dec 13 2018 3:22pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Yep you’re both right and I have mis quoted the paperwork.

“OSF wheel bearing collapsed. Stripped hub assy. Pressed CV joint from flange as heavily seized. Rebuilt with new assy”.

Sorry for the confusion Bow down

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #571001 Thu Dec 13 2018 4:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I never had any problems with supermarket diesel with my 2.7 TDv6 but always avoided Morrisons forecourts as the car didn’t seem to run as smoothly on it but was OK on the diesel from the other supermarkets. We did have a problem locally at the Morrisons forecourt when Trading Standards found that their storage tanks were heavily water contaminated.........
On the other hand I very rarely used supermarket diesel in my TDv8, it never ran smoothly on it but every car I have owned since then has only run on Sainsbury’s ordinary diesel or on long motorway hauls to the Sarf East I would fill up with Shell diesel at Lancaster just off the M6 motorway, the Esso filling station at Gaydon or the BP station on the westbound A40 just passed Hanger Lane and twice a year for many years at the Esso filling station just outside Oban when I was going to and coming back from the lovely Isle of Tiree in the Hebrides! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #571016 Thu Dec 13 2018 6:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I use Sainsburys and BP (convenience relative to my location and no other reason) and in 50k miles had no problem (car is at 90k). I do run it with Millers diesel additive and once every three months or so a shot of Wynns extreme cleanser. Probably entirely unnecessary and placebo effect but there you are.

Post #571040 Fri Dec 14 2018 8:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1