RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone got Apple Car play working yet.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 16 <123 ... 91011 ... 141516>

kmpowell

dc44back wrote:
Really? I was under the impression that ACP only works with a wired connection as it’s not compatible with Bluetooth.

On my Audi and wife’s VW Golf that’s certainly the case.

Weird. Maybe JLR are offering a better experience of ACP.

Is it the case that you can only use it on the top screen? Not on dashboard or HUD?

Wireless CarPlay has been around for years (since iOS9!), but for it to work it needs both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tech to be in the car (hence why it's not available on your Golf or Audi). The car's Bluetooth first connects to the iPhone to makes the digital ‘handshake’ then it connects to your iPhone over Wi-Fi for a more stable connection.

In order for this to work, the car's software has to be programmed to allow both sets of tech to be in use. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #570125 Thu Nov 29 2018 8:27pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

My Audi has a built-in sim, same as the new RRS will have.

Traffic and online services are free but to use WiFi as a hotspot you need to pay monthly charges.

I’m assuming hotspot is needed to trigger CarPlay because it doesn’t work as is. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570254 Sat Dec 01 2018 11:06am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

How exciting.... dealer called me yesterday morning to say transport has been booked.

Looks like my wheels are coming Thumbs Up MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570255 Sat Dec 01 2018 11:09am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I was reading Topix for SWMBO’s D5 which has ICTP.

There was a software update on 3rd Oct18 which says it allows Apple Carplay, but it has to be “enabled” after the update.

My 16MY doesn’t have ICTP so I’m not bothered.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #570256 Sat Dec 01 2018 11:14am
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Maybe ICTP should be renamed Black Panther...

“60% of the time it works every time....”

#ronburgundy MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570257 Sat Dec 01 2018 11:20am
PlasticKnife

United Kingdom 

Had my phase 4 update completed. Car play in action. Google maps with sat view is excellent MY19 - HSE Dynamic. Black with black pack

Post #570639 Fri Dec 07 2018 4:57pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Lovely to hear....

I wonder what percentage of “niggles” will disappear once everyone gets ACP....

Ps. Picking up my RRS tomorrow morning, fully loaded with ACP apparently...👏👏👏 MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570640 Fri Dec 07 2018 5:08pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

ACP working perfectly for me. Only issue is you can’t pinch and zoom on the touch screen. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570813 Mon Dec 10 2018 8:13am
blueanchorinn

United Kingdom 

Anybody noticed whether their ACP works after remote starting the car. Mine says ACP not available after a remote start🤔yet works fine otherwise

Post #570852 Mon Dec 10 2018 8:57pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Worked fine for me...

Will try again MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570871 Mon Dec 10 2018 10:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Possibly because after a remote start the boot up looks for the smartphone linked to the car and cannot find it so flags up an error message.
The problem i’m Having with ACP is stopping it from taking over from DAB as the default media system - I don’t want to stream radio over the internet at cost in data when I get it for free over the car radio. I have to deselect ACP manually via the MMI system after every time I start the car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #570874 Mon Dec 10 2018 11:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Yes I can already see that. When you start up it opens the ACP menu.

Ideally, the upper system should have a start up preference or like Audi, a remember last function so you get whatever you were last on.

The lower system does have a preferred start up including remember last so it’s a shame the upper doesn’t.

Out of interest, If you don’t have ACP set up, what comes up when you start up? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #570875 Mon Dec 10 2018 11:39pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My car isn’t an RRS, it has the BMW equivalent to the ICTP system. Before I enabled ACP (which is standard and no cost on my car) , I just got the main info display showing the main menu and the radio would automatically pick up the last station I was listening to.

Later edit......... i’ve found how to stop ACP connecting by default and I assume this will work for any car with the system - switch off the WiFi on your phone then it won’t connect wirelessly it will only connect by using a cable connection via the assigned USB socket. So simple I’m Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed and in my car the phone will still connect wirelessly via the BT as well so the hands free can still be used. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #570888 Tue Dec 11 2018 9:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dc44back

United Kingdom 

Update: after remote start ACP not working

I’m guessing that’s why my Audi didn’t have a remote start. MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #571027 Thu Dec 13 2018 8:44pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
There's a new ICT software version available: S18D_18.47.5-2

There's a new ICT software version available: S18D_18.47.5-269316

Smartphone Pack Features

All Smartphones
* Improved connectivity of USB module phones.
* Improved functionality when 2 phones are connected at the same time.

Android Auto
* Improved GPS connection when using a navigation app from customer's phone.[/list]

Apple CarPlay
* If customer disconnects a session for the device the touchscreen will no longer freeze on the CarPlay screen.
* A customer will no longer need to press the CarPlay tile twice to get to the CarPlay screen.
* Customers using CarPlay will now see the correct media artwork where available.
* Customers will be able to launch CarPlay or InControl Apps (ICA) in the same ignition cycle after starting vehicle using remote engine start.
* CarPlay will no longer be deactivated after unmuting audio on the vehicle.

(Android phones only)
* InControl Apps (ICA)
ICA screen will no longer freeze or flicker for apps like spotify, when connected using android phones

Plus a host of other non-Smartphone pack changes. Also, the installed vehicle software version will now be stored with other vehicle details in TOPIx - together with a notation as to the latest version available, making it easy to see if an update is available/relevant 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #571089 Fri Dec 14 2018 5:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 16 <123 ... 91011 ... 141516>