RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Can't unlock or open passenger door from the inside
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SDV6RRS

United Kingdom 
Can't unlock or open passenger door from the inside

Here is a bit of an odd one. On my MY14 the passenger side door refuses to unlock when using either the key or any of the buttons from the inside. I'm guessing it is deadlocked as you can't open it with the handle either. The little light on the lock symbol on the door stays on, even if you click the unlock button. You can hear the solenoids moving but nothing happens!

So to open the door I have to go out with the key in hand and I can open the door from the outside - in fact it flashes the indicators to say it is unlocking... When I shut the door, it re-arms itself and again you can't open it from the inside.

Any ideas? I thought it might have been software/electrical fault, but now I am wondering if it is a broken linkage? Having said that, it started to do it a while ago, and when I took it in for its last service under warranty it magically cleared itself, only to return a few weeks ago. It also managed to clear itself for a couple of days, which makes me unsure as to the root cause.

I googled and found a few issues with L322 but nothing on the L494. Any pointers appreciated! 2014 MY RRS HSE Dynamic
2000 Porsche Boxster S
2004 BMW X5 (Gone)

Post #570759 Sun Dec 09 2018 2:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1