RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Car Write Off They Want Evidence Sunroof In!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Flinders wrote:
Brit Plumber wrote:
Go take the story to your local paper. Some papers love to have a dig at the local councils!

The cctv of the council bin wagon hitting our RRS would be very interesting to our local paper! The driver hit the RRS so hard it lifted her up and pushed her uphill before he attempted stopping! Then when they were taking photos for evidence one of the crew went in for a photo bomb and laughing their heads off! I made a formal complaint to the council who the bin men were striking locally due to alleged overwork, bullying and lack of holidays! The local paper would be on the cctv like a rash! Lol!

It looks like we have to accept what they offer or lose out to paying the excess. Just feel that insurance is pointless and adding items as extras to our insurance makes not a jot of difference if claiming in a none fault claim.

I would definitely be going to the paper then. In the interest of public safety (what if a person had been stood between the bin and car?) etc. And to be honest, the driver could have been investigated by the Police, I bet the bin men posted it on face tube or Censored . I would do everything I could to show them I was not happy with a low ball settlement.

About 4 years ago an RAF fire tender hit and wrote off a New Subaru Impreza on a roundabout. The RAF don’t have insurance as you know it and paid out in less than a week and the owner walked away a happy man. To top it off, he didn’t claim personal injury but the tender driver did!! 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #570675 Sat Dec 08 2018 9:50am
Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Thanks everyone it looks like we do have to absorb the losses that we have done as extras even those we have declared! Rolling Eyes Censored which is ridiculous! The garage who have our car are removing the tow bar on Monday so at least can get that back to fit on the new one.

In my complaint I raised the concerns of the drivers lack of care and attention and if it had been a person he would have continued to drive over them. They drove past our vehicle and was clear by over 5 feet but then decided to reverse to cut up the road to the left and just turned wheel so rear end of truck hit our car, he must not have even looked in his mirrors, hit car so hard lifted her up and pushed uphill! So glad we had cctv! We had only had it fitted 5 weeks before so it’s paid for itself as when the council did finally view the cctv what he had been told how the accident had happened was nothing like what was showing on cctv. The crew had made up all sorts of excuses as to the reason it happened! All of them incorrect!

I willl see what Monday brings and take it from there then go to the council for the uninsured losses from my time, phone calls, removing cherished plate, wheels etc!

Post #570686 Sat Dec 08 2018 1:00pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

sadly even declaring extra's, does not mean you get any extra.
it just helps to ensure its valid

Post #570688 Sat Dec 08 2018 1:29pm
syl

United Kingdom 

Declared extras don't matter when the other insurance company is paying - they are only a getout for your insurance company in a fault accident.

If the other company is mucking you around I'd go straight to one of the claims companies and get them to deal with it from now on, as well as provide you with a very expensive hire car. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #570690 Sat Dec 08 2018 2:11pm
HughN

Wales 

In similar circumstances where I'd been offered a low payout I told the insurers I was taking it to be rebuilt on a replacement body-shell so that I was certain I would be back in the position I was in before the accident: the cost would be reclaimed from their client via the small-claims court. As he had already admitted liability, the court would almost certainly find in my favour and it would be up to them to cover the costs of rebuild and court costs.

The offer increased by £1,500.

Post #570693 Sat Dec 08 2018 3:18pm
Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

I mai am under a claim company and my insurance have been great. We have had a courtesy car which was like for like so we have had an XC90 (broke first week so had to be swapped!) then we had a Q7 which was like driving a boat! Lol! There were costing £336 a day! ....a day!? Shocked

I needed a vehicle with a tow bar to move my horse to another yard so I have also had to pay for transport whilst without our RRS and towbar. I will also be claiming for the cost of this!

Post #570728 Sun Dec 09 2018 1:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12