RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Car Write Off They Want Evidence Sunroof In!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Car Write Off They Want Evidence Sunroof In!

I have had an offer for write off but they want evidence vehicle had sunroof in from point of manufacture! I thought I could get this from Topix but I can’t as nothing is listed for spec on my vehicle. It’s a 2006 so probably not there. For us to have additional value for the sunroof as an extra they want this to show on a spec sheet from Land Rover. How the heck do I get this now not on topix?!

To say this was no fault to us this bin wagon hitting our parked vehicle is going to really hit our pockets for losses we can’t recover! Has anyone had experience of this? We have towbar fitted, updated genuine LR alloys with new scorpion tyres, all black plastic painted to body colour and we can’t claim value for this and for us to get like for like replacement we will lose out by a good £2k! Quite sickened that they can offer so low when the fault wasn’t actually ours and we are the ones losing out Big Cry

Post #570643 Fri Dec 07 2018 6:05pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You could hand it to a claims company who will do everything on your behalf and get you the very best deal possible. As it’s a no fault accident ALL costs will come from the blameworthy party’s insurers.

Jim

Post #570644 Fri Dec 07 2018 6:19pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Back in 2012 I had a white van man hit my 3 month old RRS whilst I was stationary.

The dealership where I bought my car suggested that I use this company https://www.accidentexchange.com/

It took all the pressure off me. They put me in a like for like replacement car whilst mine was repaired and the whole process was relatively painless.

Jim

Post #570645 Fri Dec 07 2018 6:31pm
PEACHY

England 

Flinders - pm sent

As above I've just sorted my Father in Laws Skoda with nothing but excellent service from AE Wink 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #570646 Fri Dec 07 2018 7:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Try contacting Land Rover Customer Services via their social media or PM them on this forum in their own section. You will need the VIN and some contact details handy for them 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #570647 Fri Dec 07 2018 7:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Did you declare options (sunroof) fitted?

Make sure they don’t use evidence you provide against you to deny the claim! All for the sake of £50

Post #570648 Fri Dec 07 2018 7:25pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

HSE was std with a sunroof. Always been the case, so 8nsurance compan6 are just trysting to low ball you. Tell them it’s as it left the factory and if the6 need to check the HSE spec details, they should speak t9 LR

If yo7 search on here, someone will have the spec sheet for the 2006 Rrs order book. Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #570650 Fri Dec 07 2018 7:39pm
Flinders

Thanks everyone. I am using Auxillis who Admiral put me onto them as a no claim fault.

They say that they can’t up my offer and as I have refused it they say I need to go back to my insurance company and I would then have the excess deducted out of the claim. I can’t win which ever way I go and they will not go up anymore as at maximum they will pay out. For me to get like for like it will cost far more than they offered so where do I go now?

I find it quite shocking that the other party gets away scott free as insurance pay out and we are left paying out to get a like for like replacement and there is nothing I can do about it! Big Cry

Post #570653 Fri Dec 07 2018 8:10pm
Autobiography1969

England 

In my own past I have been left in the very same position,

Insurance is a laughable joke,
you never get anywhere enough to get like for like,
unless you get insurance based on that at the start,

But you would never do that as the premium would be
ridiculously high..

you have the option to decide to use one of the companies
the others have recommended, to try and get more money for your ride,
but I believe (Please double check) if you come away from your own insurance
company or there no fault party then you will not be able to go back to his point..

Sometimes I understand why there are so many people out there driving without
any insurance, if you were to have put your premiums in a savings bank instead of
in the hands of the insurance companies, you would be able to purchase a replacement
for cash..

I do not endorse anyone driving without insurance,,but it makes my blood boil that people
can be left in an impossible position through someone else fault.....

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.. ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #570654 Fri Dec 07 2018 8:40pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Go take the story to your local paper. Some papers love to have a dig at the local councils! 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #570657 Fri Dec 07 2018 9:19pm
garrycol

Australia 

Your country needs better consumer laws - if the law allows the insurance company to get away with this sort of thing they will always try it on. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #570660 Fri Dec 07 2018 10:27pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Diesel HSE didn’t have a standard sunroof.

Admiral will move from first offer, but as they are claiming off 3rd party that maybe the issue

Post #570662 Fri Dec 07 2018 10:45pm
Flinders

Brit Plumber wrote:
Go take the story to your local paper. Some papers love to have a dig at the local councils!

The cctv of the council bin wagon hitting our RRS would be very interesting to our local paper! The driver hit the RRS so hard it lifted her up and pushed her uphill before he attempted stopping! Then when they were taking photos for evidence one of the crew went in for a photo bomb and laughing their heads off! I made a formal complaint to the council who the bin men were striking locally due to alleged overwork, bullying and lack of holidays! The local paper would be on the cctv like a rash! Lol!

It looks like we have to accept what they offer or lose out to paying the excess. Just feel that insurance is pointless and adding items as extras to our insurance makes not a jot of difference if claiming in a none fault claim.

Post #570665 Fri Dec 07 2018 11:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I’ve just checked my sales / spec brochure for 2006MY and on HSE a Sunroof was optional, and was optional right up to 2013 on non-special editions. IIRC HST and First Edition S/C were the only cars with it as standard. Very few early RRS’s were sold with a sunroof, it wasn’t popular because the extra cost was highly inflated as usual with LR. It’s only since the advent of no extra cost pano roofs on L494 that you see more RRS’s with an opening pano roof, but on some models even that is now an extra cost option when it used to be a no cost option. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #570666 Sat Dec 08 2018 12:12am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

As TiS has explained above our 06 HSE diesel doesn’t have a sunroof. I think all the extra tweeks you’ve done to your car unless you have declared them are valueless to the insurance company, as it’s choice over factory fit therefore you have to absorb the difference.

This goes for all of us that changed, Alloy style, air filters, egr blanks etc...

Sorry it may not you want to hear and the tone of this reply is in good faith, but as mentioned above = fkin insurance Censored

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #570667 Sat Dec 08 2018 7:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>