RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Fuel Burning Heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sham91

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey
Fuel Burning Heater

Hey guys, so something bizarre happened last night after I set off from work.

Driving along in slow built up traffic with heaters on and all of a sudden white/blueish smoke coming from the bonnet and passenger side front wheel arch, everyone looking sat me, I thought the car was on fire or going to catch fire lol...I drove on slow for about 2 minutes until I could get off the main road and pulled into a petrol station where I called AA Laughing Laughing

They camme out and did a few visual checks and we went for a test drive where everything seemed normal. He said it was most likely the FBH :/ .........thats the first time its happened to me... should I be expecting this a lot more in cold weathers?

got the car booked in for a issue with drivers door lock tomorrow so will ask them to give it a check too Razz

just thought I should share my experince...actually thought it was my engine smoking up, heart was in my throat Big Cry

Post #569434 Thu Nov 22 2018 11:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PC76

United Kingdom 

That's normal. should really only happen once as it doesn't get used during he warmer months. on the next cold start you should see considerably less smoke.

i had the same a couple of weeks ago on the way home from work. was quite funny once i remembered what it was...

Post #569436 Thu Nov 22 2018 11:59am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It is common if it is the first time in the year that it has cut in, often there is unburned fuel solidified in the burner and that has to clear from the system. I had it happen on my 2005 TDv6 several times in the autumn after the first time the temperatures dropped below 5c and the FBH cut in 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #569448 Thu Nov 22 2018 1:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sham91

yeah the car was sat in garage and not driven from Jan 2018 up until August 2018 so sounds like this is normal Smile

There was no smoke business today morning so will also see on the way home Smile

Post #569449 Thu Nov 22 2018 2:11pm
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Did it smell like burning or very hot rubber by any chance?

Post #569455 Thu Nov 22 2018 4:27pm
Sham91

Hugh Haddow I cant really be sure now tbh, i'd sway towards burning....not sure what hot rubber smells like but could also smell some through the inside heating vents when I turned it off and back on for a few seconds and then no smell at all

Post #569458 Thu Nov 22 2018 4:40pm
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Thanks Sham.

Post #569468 Thu Nov 22 2018 5:34pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I had the key remote system added to my FBH a few years ago and use it quite a lot even through the summer (although not so much this summer!). My logic says that if I can warm the car up a bit then it puts less strain on the engine at start up. And if it just a short journey I've planned then this makes even more sense. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #569518 Fri Nov 23 2018 8:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1