RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Mini Countryman PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 9 <123456789

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not an SDv8.............. but this just falls into my budget https://used.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2898472
But then so does a new lower spec IPace and now i’ve tasted how little it cost to run in EV mode the low low running costs are very appealing as a private buyer______ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #569337 Wed Nov 21 2018 9:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If an EV fits in to your life, it's a bit of a no-brainer it seems to me. Fuel prices and ongoing demonization of ICE-driven vehicles is going to make EVs more attractive from here on, I'm sure.

A 5 litre V8 is a nice alternative... Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #569365 Wed Nov 21 2018 1:26pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just had a call from Mini Technology/ BMW (not the dealership, who phoned about 3 minutes later) apologising that they are unable to resolve the issue with the software update and they have returned the vehicle to the original system until they have gone back ‘into a dark corner to scratch their heads’ they are also aware that there are owners elsewhere in Europe with the same issue.......... a new charging unit has been supplied too, Car is ready for collection but I have no buses to get me to the dealership before closing time!
So my car now beats all the combined unscheduled days out of service of all my Land Rover cars over nearly 30 years, 8 days in a single month in the service bay - the next worst car was 3 days unscheduled off service for a 2014 Evoque (also as a result of a software update gone wrong!). As the car is otherwise drivable/ usable I suppose I have no grounds to reject either........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #569375 Wed Nov 21 2018 3:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
While my Mini is in having a problem with charge measuring investigated and a software upgrade I have a 2018 Mini Cooper S 3 door hatch as a loaner............. the clock was still showing BST at 0830 UTC yesterday morning when I dropped my car off so not all Mini’s have automatic clock resetting for DST/ changes of time zone. The Cooper S might be a fun car it has unbearably hard suspension and the rear seats are a total waste of time/ space, there’s no way I could live with one as my daily driver. Fuel consumption is excellent though - 18 mile run home including 2 miles stop start town driving and the mpg is in the high 50’s from it’s 1.5ltr 3 cylinder turbo engine - still,doesn’t accelerate as well as my car which is heavier and has the same petrol engine but with an extra 85hp from the electric motor in the boot that drives the rear wheels.

Cooper S is a 4 cylinder 2 litre turbo, the Cooper is a 3 cylinder 1.5 litre turbo. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #569441 Thu Nov 22 2018 12:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 9 <123456789