RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > P400e BRG "Arrived"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Krx84

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

EssexRRS wrote:
I had a similar problem once, where the car seemed to favour petrol, even though it had battery power stored, no matter what I did, including when on EV. What I found was that a long journey cleared it. I mainly do short hopes during the week. I can't explain the technicality of why the long journey seemed to solve the issue (mine had just come from the dealer after the fuel sensor recall, so I initially thought it was remapped without me knowing), but it did.

Maybe if the vehicles general batteries are running lower on power, the engine drive batteries 'save' energy in reserve, and a long journey recharges the general batteries back up?

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply!

So the wife decides to take my 4 year old to her friends place near London. 1st long distance journey!
I get a call 11.30ish AM, cars just started shaking and juddering in the fast lane and lost power all together! Dropped speed from 70mph to 20/30 mph rapidly! Luckily she managed to move off to the 3rd lane and into the junction slip road which was just approaching! Now its stopped in the middle of the slip road!! Shes paniking as shes on the slip road and cant drive the car!! 5-10 mins the police were on the scene and arranged a recovery off the m6 j5 to a layby around the corner.

Called lr assist they said 60-90 mins. Called after an hour, sorry it been cbooked for tomorrow. Changed for the same day and another 60-90 mins!! AA arrive at 2.30 link up the diagnostic and say it showing a hybrid fault!! His words car is trying to start in hybrid but there is no charge and wont switch to petrol!! He said let me add some fuel in and maybe that will work, 5 litres added no change, another 5 added still no change! Came back and advised he has requested flat bed and should be there in 20-30 mins. Waited, and waited flat bed came at 5.30! Now the car decides to start but there is still no power so not safe to drive! After numerous calls they arranged for taxi for the wife daughter to get home, and the flat bed would take the car to dealers for tomorrow! They finally arrive home at 8.30! I requeated to bring the car hom too and collect it again in the morning!

Now at no point did any warning lights flash, no engine management light or any other lights! Switched car on this morning and again no lights!

Cars at dealers but the service is really bad! No car provided by dealer, passed the buck to lr assist, lr assist say we speaking to dealwr to get a car!

My vehicle has a serious hybrid fault but they just seem to think its not there!! When i raised this issue previously they did a phase 4 update which is a software update on my last visit!! Iv done 3000 miles in nearly 4 1/2 months...the car is still brand new!

I will update this thread once i have further info from them but i have handed my keys back and said this car can cause a serious accident and is not fit to be on the road if there is an intertimmetent hybrid issue that cant be fixed or diagnosed!

Any advice would be apprecaited..

Thanks RRSport - 2010

Post #569265 Mon Nov 19 2018 11:03pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

How old is the car? If it is still under guarantee and unsafe to drive they should give you anotehr one I guess. Any other people experienced this?

Post #569271 Tue Nov 20 2018 8:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

KRX, this exact problem was reported here in some very early pre-production and production cars and JLR halted production/ sales until that problem was solved and all the existing cars were called back to the dealers/ not delivered.

One thing - you car is fitted with an emergency call out / alert button in the head lining above the RVM - did your wife use it as that sends a download of the fault logs to JLR and the AA for fault diagnosis. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #569276 Tue Nov 20 2018 8:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Krx84

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Tim, no the wife didnt but the aa dowloaded the codes as the car wouldnt start. Tgey reported a number of hybrid faults and sensor faults in their report.

I searched the vosa site and found safety recall for p400e. I think this is what happened to the car BUT my cars vin number doesnt seem to be affected! Spoke to land rover uk and asked i believe this is what happened to my car, they spoke to dealer Farnell in nelson who confirmed they did that fix before the car was released to me!!! So i queried if you have already done the fix and it still happend on the motorway that means the fix is not working!!! What about all the other drivers who had this fix?? It could happen to anybody!! They quickly changed the subject to lets find out whats happened and then wl come back to you!

See pic attached for the recall. RRSport - 2010

Post #569323 Tue Nov 20 2018 9:19pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Pic not showing. Can you send the recall reference please? Also does the emergency button work only fir cars in the uk?

Post #569328 Tue Nov 20 2018 10:13pm
Davegrillo

Malta 

Apologies pics found

Post #569330 Tue Nov 20 2018 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123