RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Welsh trip
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

HughN

Wales 
Welsh trip

I had a good little trip through Wales yesterday in my ex-works car and, despite my puny 19" wheels, managed to get round without getting stuck. As far as I can tell, the only damage was the trim of both sidesteps coming off and the inner gator on the front drivers-side drive shaft coming adrift Embarassed

This little hole gave the centre-box a whack (it would have been worse without a spotter):

HDR was used twice but I didn't bother with any Special Programmes. A few times my car managed when Disco 1's & 2's and Defenders were spinning wheels. I didn't know you could use an IID tool to lift the suspension, but it would have helped! Embarassed

Very impressed - would buy one, if I didn't already have one.

https://youtu.be/s_FCFWqxicg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4c9y1AyfY2dXP9UAA

Post #569195 Sun Nov 18 2018 6:26pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Buy an easylift suspension module if you fancy abit more lift as and when required, great bit of kit that i have been running for a fair while now Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #569206 Mon Nov 19 2018 7:05am
HughN

Wales 

Ooh, I didn't know about those. I might see if sterling bounces back a bit (which it probably won't)

Post #569207 Mon Nov 19 2018 7:15am
Buckster

Here is the link for anyone else who is interested

https://www.landroverpassion.com/en/produc...scovery-4/

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/easy-lift-s...68832.html

There is still a group buy on Disco3 forum for these, I kept meaning to put a review and photos up but never got around to it Embarassed 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #569209 Mon Nov 19 2018 7:45am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks like Strata Florida? Not done that yet, is there much wading?

Thanks @Buckster, didn't know about these, might have to invest Very Happy

Post #569213 Mon Nov 19 2018 9:47am
HughN

Wales 

Yes, it was (plus some other routes). There hasn't been a lot of rain recently so it wasn't too bad. There is one bit where you have to enter the river and might be a problem if it was much deeper.

Good fun though and beautiful scenery that couldn't otherwise be seen without a lot of walking. The dark in the evening made it interesting.

It was an organised tour via http://www.4x4adventuretours.co.uk/.

One Defender bent a steering bar in the 'bomb hole' I didn't attempt (and its wheels went in different directions). Another Defender busted a prop-shaft as it recovered the first. Definitely one not to do alone. The slate is tyre-puncturingly sharp in places.

I came back not only with the trim of my car in the boot but other bits of various cra*p that other off-roaders had left/dumped. Rolling Eyes

Post #569215 Mon Nov 19 2018 10:08am
Buckster

Not just for gaining height on the move, the boys with big bling wheels can lower on the move also Laughing 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

Post #569216 Mon Nov 19 2018 10:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1