RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > EAS front and rear strut assembly part nos.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
EAS front and rear strut assembly part nos.

Morning All,

I'm looking to replace all my suspension struts (air bags and dampers) as they've been on the car since 2006 and are beginning to fail.

However, there seem to be a plethora of part nos. on the net so can anyone help with the part nos for the front and rear struts complete for the following vehicle:

MY 2006 Range Rover Sport L320 LHD
4.2l V8 Supercharged
American Spec.

I believe it has the dynamic suspension and roll bars if that makes a difference.

If needed I can PM VIN no. if this will help.

Many Thanks

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #568829 Tue Nov 13 2018 6:52am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Numbers appear to have been superseded, and go across to Complete Units with ACE and Roll Bar Stability Front LR016415 Rear LR016419

Cheers
Col

Post #568831 Tue Nov 13 2018 7:49am
Guyzer73

Cheers Col,

That's a great help Thumbs Up

Now to track down some OE or OEM parts that reflect a reasonable price for a 13YO car, and not £500 a corner before shipping to Oman... Shocked

Thanks again.

Post #568834 Tue Nov 13 2018 8:45am
Guyzer73

Col,

Another question if you don't mind..

Do you have any idea what is considered a leak for the EAS? I had the front driver side drop 5-6cm over a period of approx 24hrs. I was told by LR and my Indie that this is a very small leak, and not to worry about it. I told them I was concerned because the car was 'diving' under braking and the suspension was taking a long time to raise from start...

Pump seems to be okay, slight whirring noise whilst operating, but, does run a long time to get to height and kicks in very regularly, which to me means the air pressure isn't being retained...

Onward with the search I guess.

Cheers

Post #568836 Tue Nov 13 2018 9:10am
rangemogger

Spain 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 SE Rimini Red

Hello ,

In your circumstances, I will think in a air-to-coil conversion , something like TJM XGS Gold Edition suspension , and you will gain a bulletproof suspension and more suitable to "dune riding" Idea TdV8 mapped and egr deleted , 265/60 r18 on Compomotive rims , Navarricos underbody protection , custom rocksliders , Devon44 hidden winch 9500i , IIDTool

Post #568951 Wed Nov 14 2018 3:42pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

No, just putting on new air suspension components will do the job and maintain the vehicle's overall ability. Coil conversion would turn the RRS in to a Nissan Xtrail... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #568960 Wed Nov 14 2018 6:15pm
rangemogger

Not really , there are boxes than intercept the signals from the suspension module , and that way the terrain response system , hdc , tc , etc will still work https://www.roverparts.com/Parts/L319SRK-OME , https://www.roverparts.com/resources/video...e-springs/
Someday in the future , when my faultless EAS fail I will try something like that , maybe with a beefier custom 2.5" coilovers like King or Ohlins , even hydraulic bumpstops Wink TdV8 mapped and egr deleted , 265/60 r18 on Compomotive rims , Navarricos underbody protection , custom rocksliders , Devon44 hidden winch 9500i , IIDTool

Post #568972 Wed Nov 14 2018 7:36pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Watching the promo video for that coil kit, they talk about 2 inch lift, HDC working etc. All lovely but the air suspension gives up to 5 inches of lift when required and allows dropping to access beight for low car parks etc. A 2 inch coil gives none of that flexibility. For those needing a lift at speed (corrugations etc) kits are available to make the air stay raised at speed.

The air suspension is pretty well reliable - it's not like the old exposed airbags on the D2 and P38.

I wonder how the dynamic response system plays with their coils. They only show a Disco which doesn't have the more advanced ARB system of the RRS. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #569002 Thu Nov 15 2018 1:23am
rangemogger

You are right ,IMO , about the hability to lower the car in lower parkings , but you will be wrong if you have oversized tyres . Again it´s true the 5" lift but you can´t use this lift to long and to fast , the car will lower the height , and of corse at that height the suspension will not have downtravel and very stiff ride.By the way , it seems to me that the 4.4 L320 in the installation video has four pipes along the frame rail from the ACE system https://www.roverparts.com/resources/video...sport-lr3/
Anyway , I supose that is not everyone´s cup of tea Wink TdV8 mapped and egr deleted , 265/60 r18 on Compomotive rims , Navarricos underbody protection , custom rocksliders , Devon44 hidden winch 9500i , IIDTool

Post #569034 Thu Nov 15 2018 5:44pm
Guyzer73

Thanks for all the tips and opinions Very Happy

I'm going to stick with the original and replace the air suspension components step by step. Firstly, the front and rear struts and see if that solves the issues.

Then we'll look in more detail to the front and rear valve blocks and the EAS compressor itself, as it is also 10 years old and maybe getting a little worn out. Hence the whirring and ticking noises and slow reaction times.

Not tempted by a coil conversion as I've tried these on the RR Classic LSE and hated it. When compared to the ride on air, coils simply don't compare, and that's ignoring the improved functionality.

Cheers all, have a good rest of weekend.

Post #569167 Sun Nov 18 2018 6:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1