RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Restricted Performance - red triangle warning light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Did it come up after a fair time cruising at a constant(ish) speed. If so, from my experiences, you won't know if it's fixed until you do a similar journey.

Post #480065 Mon Nov 16 2015 8:29pm
ABSport

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Approx 8 mile trip steady speed Shocked

Post #480075 Mon Nov 16 2015 9:54pm
Paulcp

Ah, mine has been happening after about 1 hour at constant speeds so potentially a different problem. Dealer having car for 2 weeks under the guidance of LR since they've been unable to correctly diagnose the problem. Air flow & CSOV sensors already replaced to no avail Neutral

Post #480078 Mon Nov 16 2015 10:43pm
seankenyon

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

I had this problem today, turns out it was the MAF Sensor, fault only reset but only with ignition either off or on (forgot) but worth noting if it doesn't clear

Post #489742 Wed Mar 02 2016 5:39pm
EP1

United Kingdom 

Apologies in advance completely new this forum so not sure if there is a trail I cant fine, my range rover sport had a gear box fault light a couple of weeks ago, took it to the dealership and it was a faulty fuel sensor which they replaced. this morning it has 'gear box fault restricted transmission' anybody had the same problem?

Post #491809 Sat Mar 26 2016 4:51pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Reduced Performance Warning

Driving on a trip to my country property today in my 2010 TDV8 (about a 35km trip) cruising along at 80km/h up a slight incline and a warning message "Reduced Preformance" with the red triangle came up - whoa what is this, immediately the car felt sluggish with minimal power and the exhaust note changed to a more deeper note. Stopped about 5 minutes later when I got to my destination, lifted the bonnet, had a look, no abnormal heat or smell - no issues there. Returned home about 15 minutes later - no issues. There was no issues before the warning came up - the car drove normally. Gave it a bit of right foot on the way home - performed as normal.

I drove it agian later that day - no issues.

Only got 27,000km (17,000 miles) on the clock, the car may get driven 10 times a year in rain if that - so corrosion of the turbo actuator rods should be an issue, EGR issues may be a problem due to limited use.

Connected my Faultmate MSV2 and picked up the code P132B. It drove fine before and after the warning so what is up.

The local dealer would not know what to do if I took it there apart from charge me money.

What checks should I carry out apart from checking intercooler piping, turbo actuator rod movement etc.

Post #501999 Tue Aug 02 2016 12:34pm
Jimbob36

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Our 2010 sport is back at the supplying garage for repeatedly doing this! Had it 9 weeks and they have had it back for 2 of those! They are now sending the primary turbo for a check? Codes relate to map and maf. I feel it is not turbo as fault occurs 35 miles into a journey when cruising at 70. This is the last chance as if it faults again I'm rejecting it. Got a letter and presentation ready for it! Shame as the car is lovelly, just been unreliable. We've done 1200 miles in! Not good for a 20 of thousand pound car!

Post #502089 Wed Aug 03 2016 7:39pm
luckske

Belgium 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand
Re: Reduced Performance Warning

Meiang wrote:

Only got 27,000km (17,000 miles) on the clock, the car may get driven 10 times a year in rain if that - so corrosion of the turbo actuator rods should be an issue, EGR issues may be a problem due to limited use.

Excuse me if I say something that doesn't make sense, I don't know much technical of a car. But I had similar issues with my TDV6.

My parents had my sport before me and they mainly drove very short trips and whenever I took the Sport and drove on the highway, accelerating, the car would say reduced performance and I would have to park the car to the side, wait for 5 minutes and it would then drive like nothing ever happend. This would only happen when the engine was cold.

After a (yearly) service at our LR dealer I've never had that problem anymore - so perhaps it's nothing more than a filter of some sorts (air or diesel filter) they replace during a routine service?

Post #502092 Wed Aug 03 2016 8:02pm
Jimbob36

Sounds like a similar fault to ours. It had stood on the forecourt from October to May. I suspect a sticky linkage but faults are air flow value related.

Post #502094 Wed Aug 03 2016 8:21pm
Salisburylander

2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Just happened to me on the way home, the red triangle of doom and uncertainty!

Post #502177 Thu Aug 04 2016 5:21pm
Paulcp

Jimbob36 wrote:
They are now sending the primary turbo for a check? Codes relate to map and maf. I feel it is not turbo as fault occurs 35 miles into a journey when cruising at 70.

That's exactly the symptoms which mine had. Over a period of 6 months the dealer changed various sensors under instruction from LR. In the end LR agreed what everyone else knew, primary turbo fault. Finally changed under warranty and not a hiccup over 7000miles since.

There is another thread on the issue somewhere

However, there are apparently a multitude of things which can cause restricted performance and many just throw up the same codes. In my case LRs approach in trying to save money on warranty repairs must have cost them dearly. Still, despite the inconvenience caused over the period, at least mine has a few new parts fitted, albeit unnecessary Laughing

BTW, if they are sending the turbo for a check over then they have already done or will do 90% of the work involved in changing it since to remove & refit the turbo is normally a body off job

Post #502193 Thu Aug 04 2016 7:00pm
Jimbob36

Well garage replaced primary turbo and guess what? It faulted on them! I'm glad it's done it to them as they now can't hide from it! The garage have been ace but I don't know where they go from here. They are now changing the turbo shutoff valve. I believe it's maf related but I'm leaving it entirely to them now.

Post #502476 Tue Aug 09 2016 9:22pm
Jimbob36

So they have now replaced the shutoff valve and map sensor. Can't make it fault but you couldn't before. Getting it back tomorrow but I'm still not convinced, and more to the point neither are they. Feel really sorry for them as they have tried, but if it faults again it gone.

Post #502553 Wed Aug 10 2016 10:02pm
Jimbob36

Drives far better since they have had alignment and balancing done again, properly! Engine is nice and responsive so time will tell. Fingers crossed as it really is a lovelly car.

Post #502748 Sat Aug 13 2016 5:45pm
215m3

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

This happened to my 2010 TDV6 this morning. Exited my drive and as soon as I was on my side of the road ‘Restricted Performance’ flashed up. The car would not accelerate above wimpy. Look in my mirror and a 40 toner now bearing down on me. 400m later the engine splutter a few times and normal power resumed, but still displaying the red triangle.

Was only a short journey. An hour later we headed home, the red triangle was still on display, but the car drove with some power. At about 40 put in sport mode and accelerated and although the car sped up it did start to restrict the power.

After reading through the many threads I could not find a similar issue. Has anyone have servers power loss and then clears up? Another issue for LR to look at when the car goes in. 2010 3.0 TDV6 RRS Overfinch GTS
1987 BMW E30 M3 2.4 Turbo
1990 BMW E34 M5 3.6 Trackcar

Post #569128 Sat Nov 17 2018 1:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123