RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > P400e PHEV - Real World Range Achieved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ghunkin

United Kingdom 
P400e PHEV - Real World Range Achieved

Now a growing number of us have taken delivery of our P400e's, what is everyone actually achieving in electric only (EV) range?

I'll start.

12.5 miles before full discharge Shocked

Post #568481 Wed Nov 07 2018 6:50pm
Renaco

Germany 

30 km
Already 11.000 km driven and 25 km is minimum and 40 km maximum.

As I don’t fight for every km in ev, my driving style allows only 30 km in average Wink 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #568482 Wed Nov 07 2018 7:09pm
Mattsophie

United Kingdom 

Had mine for a week and a half now, and looking at the app I'm ranging between 11 & 21 EV miles per day.
Is definitely getting better though.......maybe because we are starting to suss it out.

Can I ask what EV range other users are seeing when their cars are fully charged?
Ours typically shows about 23 miles.............what about the 31 that Land Rover promised us?

Post #568504 Thu Nov 08 2018 10:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will never achieve the “official” range as that is achieved in laboratory conditions and not real life conditions. Even with the new way of calculation of mpg and electric range What Car? mag has found huge differences between the official and real life ranges - to the extent that they made the Tesla X the winner of their BEV SUV group test over the I-Pace only because Jaguars claimed range was so much different compared to the real life test range used by What Car mag’s testing team, in all other respects though they said that the I-Pace was the better car - this forced Jaguar to recall all I-Paces into the dealerships to have a software upgrade to improve the range to closer to the claimed range........... Tesla still is more honest with their claimed ranges though and What Car? Has now retested the upgraded I-Pace and confirmed that the real life range is now hugely improved. Theystill didn’t retract the group test results though...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #568506 Thu Nov 08 2018 10:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
irish-in-nl

I’m looking for some advice before I take delivery of my car next week. Which public charging cable do you recommend? I will be getting 32A, but does it make a difference if I get a 3phase cable or not? Also from experience is the coil lead better?
Thanks

Post #568545 Thu Nov 08 2018 5:51pm
dekoene

Belgium 

Mattsophie wrote:
Had mine for a week and a half now, and looking at the app I'm ranging between 11 & 21 EV miles per day.
Is definitely getting better though.......maybe because we are starting to suss it out.

Can I ask what EV range other users are seeing when their cars are fully charged?
Ours typically shows about 23 miles.............what about the 31 that Land Rover promised us?

They promised 50km. Pretty close on almost fully charged. I don't own the car yet - it's at the dealer currently waiting for the CoC.

But this figure may change as I experienced with my Tesla. After a full decharge of the battery the system recalculates this value based on you actuals (Tesla). So if you reach each time only 30 km on a single charge, the system may show after some time a different number for a full charge than when the car was brand new (like mine).

Post #568600 Fri Nov 09 2018 10:50am
dekoene

Belgium 

irish-in-nl wrote:
I’m looking for some advice before I take delivery of my car next week. Which public charging cable do you recommend? I will be getting 32A, but does it make a difference if I get a 3phase cable or not? Also from experience is the coil lead better?
Thanks

Most public charging stations offer 3 phase. Charging speed varies from 7.4kWh on single phase towards 22kWh on 3 phase.

But the P400e has an onboard charger of only 7 kW. So a single phase cable on 32A is the max you can use on the RRS...

Post #568605 Fri Nov 09 2018 11:04am
irish-in-nl

Thanks!

Post #568606 Fri Nov 09 2018 11:10am
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

Had my car for 6 months, 6000 miles. If charging from empty, I get 31 miles on the dash. If topping up a part charge it will only ever go to about 22-25 miles.

I've no idea how many miles I get in reality, but it's less than the dash says and invariably the engine kicks in at some point whether on EV or not. In fact I don't see the point of the EV button as it doesn't seem to change the behaviour of the car. As Tim says, lab conditions can rarely be repeated on a real road.....

By the way, I'm about to get a new charging plug point fitted. Mine stopped registering the cable unless depleted of power completely. I've found that locking and unlocking the car re-sets the charge plug but its a warranty thing so going in on monday

Post #569073 Fri Nov 16 2018 11:28am
Cunny678

Anyone been able to travel at higher speeds on electric only or is it limited to 30/40mph? Also, what’s mpg can you achieve on a longer run of say 100 miles. Looking to buy a new RRS and the P400e looks good as a company car when compared to the diesel versions.

Post #579941 Mon Apr 29 2019 8:53pm
Garry

United Kingdom 

I have definately run EV only at 60mph, beyond that depends on road gradient. 2018/68 RRS PHEV - Indus (sold)
2008 RRS Tdv8
1995 Discovery diesel.
Lots of other non Land Rover cars.

Post #579963 Tue Apr 30 2019 8:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1