RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone got Apple Car play working yet.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 16 <123 456 ... 141516>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Finally booked in for November.

Them: Sir you will have to pay for the car play feature as it is an enhancement of your car.

Me: That's Ok I don't really need car play..I just want my infotainment to work as intended without it crashing every day. (I can't remember when it actually last crashed Mr. Green )

Them: OK sir thats ok there will be no charge for that. It can take a day to update the firmware so we will need your car for the entire day so load the latest firmware.

Me: Done, see you soon Cool

Post #567905 Tue Oct 30 2018 1:06pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

You must have been talking to Swiss Tony... MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #567906 Tue Oct 30 2018 1:54pm
EssexRRS

United Kingdom 

I was having some minor infotainment issues so dropped it in and suggested the 18c upgrade, which they did no problem and I now have car play

The infotainment remains buggy, and I'm carrying a charging socket fault that there are no parts for but hey ho, this is RR ownership.

Post #567909 Tue Oct 30 2018 2:28pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

Ive just had a phone call to say that they need the car until tomorrow as it can take unto 6 hours for a full download. I did pose the question again about Apple carPlay being added, but got the same answer, he didn't think that they had the latest software.
It kind of makes you think of whats the point of doing a software update if you don't have the latest update!! 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #567918 Tue Oct 30 2018 3:28pm
bazzert9

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Finally booked in for November.

Them: Sir you will have to pay for the car play feature as it is an enhancement of your car.

Me: That's Ok I don't really need car play..I just want my infotainment to work as intended without it crashing every day. (I can't remember when it actually last crashed Mr. Green )

Them: OK sir thats ok there will be no charge for that. It can take a day to update the firmware so we will need your car for the entire day so load the latest firmware.

Me: Done, see you soon Cool

Did exactly the same car came out with Car Play at no costs !!

Post #567966 Wed Oct 31 2018 10:43am
bazzert9

United Kingdom 

PDC wrote:
Just dropped my MY19 to have some software issues sorted and I was told that it is not available at the moment.
We now have "Conflicting Reports" Big Cry

Did you get your car back, was Car Play installed?

Post #567967 Wed Oct 31 2018 10:56am
PDC

United Kingdom 

Just picked my car up and despite them saying that carPlay wouldn't be on it, it is......... It's a bit Pants though and I'm not sure that I will be using it. I certainly wouldn't want to pay for it!!

2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #567977 Wed Oct 31 2018 2:43pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

PDC - my findings as well and my car was delivered with it as standard, I used it a couple of times and then went back to using the BMW Mini Connected and MMI systems which also TBH are about in a par with InControl Touch only a lot faster......... and very distracting to try to use while driving, I use the voice control way more in my Mini than i ever used it in the RRS’s and Evoques I had that had voice control just because it recognizes my voice and it does exactly what I ask it to. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567981 Wed Oct 31 2018 3:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

PDC wrote:
Just picked my car up and despite them saying that carPlay wouldn't be on it, it is......... It's a bit Pants though and I'm not sure that I will be using it. I certainly wouldn't want to pay for it!!

As long as Wayz does a decent job I don't give two hoots about how the rest performs. When someone has points on their licence (not saying how many Laughing ) then the police notifications on Wayz are a god send and if it can work within the cars screen and display on the speedo screen too then that would be a result!

Can someone please try Wayz and tell me if it works like the in built nav in that it shows you arrows on the speedo screen or if it only works on the centre tilting screen?

Post #567986 Wed Oct 31 2018 4:21pm
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Picking up my MY19 SVR next week and been told it comes with Car PLay as standard Thumbs Up

Post #567994 Wed Oct 31 2018 7:19pm
PDC

United Kingdom 

Yep, I have Waze working, but I'm disappointed that carPlay is not available through bluetooth and you have to go through the hassle of connecting with a lead....... 2010 RR 5.0 Autobiography
2020 F-Pace SV
2018 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0
2015 Disco XXV
2011 Disco 3.0
2008 RRS HST V8

Post #567995 Wed Oct 31 2018 7:20pm
dc44back

United Kingdom 

You will only be able to use Google Maps/Waze/Apple Maps via CarPlay or Android Auto through the centre screen, not in dashboard screen or in the HUD.

I thought the ICTP SatNav is built by Google and of course it’s integrated with the dashboard and HUD, AND live traffic is more up to date than than Google via AA or ACP. And it shows speed cameras.

Surely, that’s the best SatNav to use....??? MY19 5.0SC Dynamic AB - Boss Grey, Black Pano Roof, 22” Gloss Black Alloys, Ebony/Ivory Massage Seats, Carbon Fibre Finishers, HUD, DTV and the all important Cabin Ionisation...

Post #568013 Wed Oct 31 2018 11:43pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The inbuilt sat nav uses maps from HERE, thats the ste you are actually on when you update the maps 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #568023 Thu Nov 01 2018 8:31am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

dc44back wrote:
You will only be able to use Google Maps/Waze/Apple Maps via CarPlay or Android Auto through the centre screen, not in dashboard screen or in the HUD.

I thought the ICTP SatNav is built by Google and of course it’s integrated with the dashboard and HUD, AND live traffic is more up to date than than Google via AA or ACP. And it shows speed cameras.

Surely, that’s the best SatNav to use....???

Wayz is more accurate as it uses real time data from users on the road. It also alerts you to mobile speed traps. I find the ICTP sat nav terrible.

Post #568026 Thu Nov 01 2018 8:58am
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

My SVR arrived at dealer early this week without CarPlay.

A big thanks to Matt and Mike from Lookers Park Royal RR Sales for getting CarPlay installed ahead of its handover this evening.

Early days - but works a treat, just like in my 911.2.

If anything imho - CarPlay looks much better in widescreen

Post #568077 Thu Nov 01 2018 7:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 16 <123 456 ... 141516>