RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > BEST DISCOUNTS BEFORE OR AFTER XMAS ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
BEST DISCOUNTS BEFORE OR AFTER XMAS ?

Hello Members

Looking to place an order for a p400e atb in next couple of months and was wondering if anyone can advise when the best time would be to place an order. On the configurator it specs up at about £94k.

I was thinking maybe a week before xmas as maybe not many people will be wanting to buy a car so close to xmas, which would mean the dealerships will work harder to get the deal done.

Thanks for looking !

Post #567844 Mon Oct 29 2018 3:05pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I suspect your chances of a deal on the PHEV is just about NIL, there are long long waiting lists for them so JLR has no incentive to do deals on them. Now if you were looking for a 5.0V8 S/C you would probably have a much better chance of some discount! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #567846 Mon Oct 29 2018 3:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
Re: BEST DISCOUNTS BEFORE OR AFTER XMAS ?

rrsfan wrote:
Hello Members

Looking to place an order for a p400e atb in next couple of months and was wondering if anyone can advise when the best time would be to place an order. On the configurator it specs up at about £94k.

I was thinking maybe a week before xmas as maybe not many people will be wanting to buy a car so close to xmas, which would mean the dealerships will work harder to get the deal done.

Thanks for looking !

Try Carfile - should save a few quid.
Also means you can get your order moving now - as Tim states, there is queue!

www.carfile.net

Post #567855 Mon Oct 29 2018 7:06pm
Garry

United Kingdom 

Try Rockar, they gave me a good discount on my p400e.

Post #567865 Mon Oct 29 2018 8:01pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

Try Mike Myers at Lookers Park Royal

Post #568165 Sat Nov 03 2018 8:05am
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

Lookers Park Royal are the biggest bunch of jokers one will ever come across! After having a bad experience with Battersea I went to give this lot a chance when ordering my new SVR and they were not interested in the sale! Multiple calls went unanswered as did emails. Eventually went in and made some noise and spoke to a chap called Matt who happened to be the sales manager who promised to look after me himself...guess what never heard from him again when I was supposed to get finance figures that same evening! There is a thread on the dealer feedback section on here about them too!

Gave up in the end and bought from rockers who IMHO are the best dealer when it comes to customer services! Everything was spot on and when spending £120k they threat you as one should Thumbs Up

Post #568173 Sat Nov 03 2018 11:42am
Canary

England 

Hahaha mayfair and battersea what a joke probably the worst experience one could imagine, and lets not forget the bar is pretty low in terms of customer care at any land rover dealership but both these outlets were pretty special at finding new ways to dissapoint! Laughing MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #568601 Fri Nov 09 2018 10:51am
Tim in Scotland

If you think big city centre dealers are a joke when buying a new car you should try visiting some of the dealers out in the provinces......... the dealers who think that because there isn’t another franchise within 45 miles they need only quote you list prices and hugely long build lead in times “Because we have sold our full allocation” unless you want to pay full list for a car that they have in stock but has only a few options on it and is even sometimes an outgoing model year close to change over to the next MY......... when they even have the brassneck to ask the list price of the new model! Those rural dealerships get a huge shock when, if like me, you try shopping around and find exactly what you want 400 miles away in London with a discount and a short lead in time or even have what you are looking for in their stock and the cost of getting there and back even a couple of times is well and truly covered by the discount. I have bought 6 new cars from Lookers Park Royal and Grange Garage In Barnett over the years and have received excellent attention and also aftersales backup from James Tayler/ Matt Guerney’s teams. I refuse to cross the threshold of the local Lookers Group dealership in North Glasgow as they are so negative not only on price matching within the Lookers Group but even going as far as to tell me that the P400E was not at all suited to a private buyer like me as it was only aimed at business users......... I guess i’ll Never give them the opportunity to sell me another Land Rover or Jaguar product ever again - their loss not mine. I have always given the local dealerships the opportunity to match the price of a new car being bought in London but every time there has been too much sucking of teeth and gasps of surprise that another franchise might want to do a deal! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #568622 Fri Nov 09 2018 1:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Canary

England 

I guess your right Tim but I always assumed rural dealers would be more personal or better at warranty and CS but i must be wrong about that concept which is a shame Rolling Eyes

I drive a Lexus GS my16 for work and before that a Lexus IS and walking into the dealership its always a pleasure, its nothing special here at Milton Keynes in terms of posh building etc etc but its just such a different atmosphere to what you experience at JLR when you compare the two side by side, sadly it really should be the other way around what with JLRs supposed upper market angle Rolling with laughter

alex MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #569224 Mon Nov 19 2018 1:05pm
Tim in Scotland

My most local JLR dealership has changed hands this year and has gone from a family run business with a single outlet to being part of the John Clark / Pentland Group. It isn’t the same place, most of the staff who have been there for years and years have left and their replacements are “company” men.
The local Mini Centre who I bought the Countryman from could not have been more helpful, kept me right up to speed with delays in delivery and were very pro-active in sorting out my order when BMW managed to wipe out their entire order book doing a software update last January. Emails were send while I was overseas and they even negotiated a bigger discount with BMW/Mini because the car was 3 months late arriving........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #569240 Mon Nov 19 2018 3:28pm
Colossus1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I would echo what has been said about Battersea, truly dreadful experience there when I bought my last 5.0 S/C from them, totally uninterested in dealing with the problems of their own making once they had got my money.

I am in the process of changing and getting a new P525. Didn't want an SVR, for a whole host of reasons but used choice on a P525 is very limited. I did find one with Inchcape in Derby and have been dealing with Louise there, who has been superb. The cost of a JLR finance deal on the used car was too expensive, they would not drop below an APR rate of 8.5% but she was able to offer me a very substantial discount on a new order P525, which was really not very much more per month to finance and as such very tempting. That said I have decided to go for a lease deal through a broker with is very significantly cheaper but there were no hard feelings from Louise and she even said if I wanted any advice re spec or anything else, to call her. There are some good dealers out there, just few and far between!

Post #605807 Wed Oct 21 2020 11:13am
PIG88

United Kingdom 

Drive the Deal is currently offering the P400e Autobiography at a discount of £11,940 if you take out LR finance. So, the price before options is £74,730.
https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car...discounted Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #605817 Wed Oct 21 2020 1:10pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

This thread is 2 years old!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Last edited by jimbg on Wed Oct 21 2020 4:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #605820 Wed Oct 21 2020 3:38pm
PIG88

United Kingdom 

That’ll teach me to read the first post date before responding! Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #605822 Wed Oct 21 2020 4:09pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

PIG88 wrote:
Drive the Deal is currently offering the P400e Autobiography at a discount of £11,940 if you take out LR finance. So, the price before options is £74,730.
https://www.drivethedeal.com/buy-a-new-car...discounted

I did nit place an order last year but now I am able to so if anyone can give me some advice now would be greatly appreciated. Also any ideas roughly how much the car will be worth 3 years from next March as I will want to hopefully replace it with the newer plug in.

Post #606415 Sun Nov 08 2020 6:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>