RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Red triangle and restricted performance.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Red triangle and restricted performance.

I am starting a new topic after having messages regarding the turbo actuator sticking but having faults registered which pointed to electric problem and not mechanical.

The car drives well initially but when red triangle and restricted performance lights up, the car still drives well but is flat on response when I put the foot down and is more noticeable on hills at slow speed.

I have put a new turbo actuator solenoid on and I now get the following faults:

P22D4-17 (2F) Turbocharger turbine inlet valve position sensor circuit - General electrical failure - circuit voltage above threshold.

P22D5-92 (2F) Turbocharger turbine inlet valve position sensor circuit range/performance - Component failure - performance or incorrect operation.

Can anybody help ?? Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #565573 Thu Sep 20 2018 9:10pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Have you checked all the wiring and connectors? 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #565576 Thu Sep 20 2018 9:47pm
Godders

I have checked all the wiring that I can see which seems to be in order and all connections checked.....I have also sprayed contact cleaner on all the connectors I can see but this has not made any difference. Big Cry Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #565603 Fri Sep 21 2018 11:32am
Godders

I'm off to main Range rover dealer to put car on diagnostics. I did show them my diagnostics from the bt iid tool but surprise surprise THEY need to put it on theirs for about 100 euros. Seen as I can't find problem either myself or via forum members I'm forced down this cut de sac. (No indies in my area !!)

Just opening betting on what they will try to get me done for on the car for silly money to rectify the problem...possibly !!!!! I will report after tomorrow once the tears have dried whether they be from laughter or crying Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Big Cry Big Cry Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #566650 Wed Oct 10 2018 9:47pm
Godders

OK....I took the car into JLR and left the car with them to do the diagnostics and hopefully solve this ongoing problem.

I hadn't heard anything at 3pm and so went in to the garage (my french isn't that good over the phone) and basically they said that there is an electrical problem between the two turbo compressors but couldn't pinpoint the cause with the history of the faults that they looked at. They had then cleared the faults and then tried to recreate the problem, which they failed to do.

From my understanding they stated that there were three items involved...the two turbo's and an item in-between them (electrically) and anyone could be the source of the problem.

They wanted to keep my car until they could recreate the fault, bearing in mind that the car has just gone 8 days without having the fault light come on and being used daily, so they may have it for a while. Unfortunately with living rurally I hadn't planned for this and can't be without the car at a drop of a hat. So I left with the situation that when the light comes on again to ring the garage and see if I can get it in to help them with their ongoing testing.

Does this further info shed any light onto what this 'third' item could be that obviously connects the two turbos.

I have not had ANY problems with signs of the turbo such as smoke or leaking oil anywhere since I've had the car. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #566701 Thu Oct 11 2018 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1