Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Best Touch screen stereo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

XSPRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver
Best Touch screen stereo

Hi All,

Recently purchased a 05 RRS S/C and love it, although i think the sound quality of the RRS is really very good the head unit is very dated and i would love to upgrade to a cive touch screen unit.

I have searched the forum and found a few topics covering it but can aome of you point me in the right direct? want it too look right and also not loose any standard functions.

Many thanks

Jason

Post #566594 Wed Oct 10 2018 1:09pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Hi Jason,

I too have a 2005 SC and like you thought the Harmon Kardon Logic7 stereo sounded ok for my needs, the head unit looked very dated.

I'm not an audiophile so don't know about the latest or best head units but after speaking with the guys at InCarTech (site sponsors), they supplied all the wiring kit, additional amp and a Pioneer AVH5000D touch screen head unit with Apple CarPlay (which is what I really wanted).

Everything works as it should and I've been very pleased with it.

Hope that helps but let us know what you decide on and how it goes.

2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #566621 Wed Oct 10 2018 6:25pm
XSPRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

Scrumpy many thanks.

I had spotted your earlier posts and what you have done is what I would like.

Can you disclose what it did cost you at the end of the day.

Do you have rear entertainment in the headrests ?

Post #566626 Wed Oct 10 2018 7:55pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Hi Jason,

From memory it was about £500 for the wiring kit, amp, digital aerial and head unit all bought from IncarTech (sorry can't find the original invoice right now) and they even threw in some extra cabling for free that was really handy!

I have factory fitted rear entertainment in the passenger headrests but this was unaffected as the DVD player for these is in the boot and the Nav screen continues to work normally which controls it. However, if what you are looking for is a head unit that then plays DVD's to the rear screens then I can't help.

I would strongly recommend you give the guys at IncarTech a call, they design and build their wiring kits so know exactly what's needed and are happy to give you as much free advice and guidance as needed.

As for fitting, following their instructions to the letter ensured that everything worked first time. Be prepared for a long night if you are going to do it yourself but have confidence it will work! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #566643 Wed Oct 10 2018 9:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1