RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400e owners - talk to me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

GJW1

United Kingdom 

What I’m told is that it keeps some aside for dual use which would make sense as even when it shows 0% it still switches between both otherwise you would be stuck with a engine only car.

Post #566073 Sun Sep 30 2018 9:54am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Also I believe that there is always some charge left rather than being totally flattened to protect the battery - if you depleted it 100% then many modern batteries will not recharge. You cannot access that 5% or whatever but it still shows as usable charge when it isn’t really. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #566086 Sun Sep 30 2018 3:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

GJW1 wrote:

What I’m told is that it keeps some aside for dual use which would make sense as even when it shows 0% it still switches between both otherwise you would be stuck with a engine only car.

I have also heard that if you use a higher powered charger instead of a normal house plug that you get more range in the battery. Not sure if there is any truth to this but if there is it might be worth investing in a 7kw charger. Are there any members out there who could confirm this ?

Post #566109 Mon Oct 01 2018 9:32am
Salmon&permit

England 

Sorry for being offline.....but if you are still interested....

Now up to 11,500 miles and still loving it. Re daily commute: yes, works for about 25 miles in central London and unless traffic is super slow / heavy, I get to work and back on my nightly (slow....I haven’t bothered getting the speedy charger installed) charge. Only issue is that this winter, it does occasionally do first few miles on petrol....which I guess is until battery warms up. And that is despite programming the conditioner to have the car ready for a 7:25am start up each day.

Off road capability remains as excellent as ever and it has done a great deal of mud and deep ruts over past few months. That said, have just felt a slight vibration at speed after some very deep off-roading last weekend, so sending it to workshop to get checked over. Am worried there might be a flint or something wedged I to the suspension. Also asking them to check electronic handbrake: intermittently comes on just as pulling away....very annoying....but never does it when I try to show someone!

Really enjoying the silky smooth driving experience and move off from stationary. Have driven several other RRs recently and once you have got used to the smooth PHEV experience, they feel really clunky at low speeds. PHEV is super limo-like in town and accelerating away from junctions and roundabouts.

Still find ICE and Sat Nav pretty painful and really do think JLR need to get a grip on this.

Lastly, as I thought, lots of shiny black bits now not shiny and scratched. Would have much preferred something that wears better than glossy, shiny plastic on the outside, especially around the back and boot area. SDV6, Supercharged V8, SDV6 Hybrid, PHEV

Post #572379 Fri Jan 04 2019 11:46am
Equilibrium

United Kingdom 

Thanks very much Salmon, definitely still interested and that's a good honest review. My purchase has slowed down a bit due to a slight temptation to relocate abroad, although probably a low chance that my wife will bite on that! My wife has also been stuffed by her employer on return from maternity leave, so we are a couple of grand a month down in income for the last 12 months

RRS PHEV still top of my list and any RRS still catches my eye.

Very interesting about the petrol running, my current commute is just under seven miles urban - how many miles do you think it runs on petrol for at the start of your day? And is it only below a certain temperature (say 5 degrees) or every day?

You are spot on with the limo-like experience in urban electric running. The demo car I had astounded me, and that was after three days in a RRS SDV6 which already had impressed me hugely with it's refinement. I've never experienced such relaxation and calm behind the wheel.

It's the refinement of the PHEV that is the big draw for me, hence the interest in how much petrol running you see. Second draw is a bit of future proofing against urban bans/charges on. The economy benefit is very minor for me at 6-8k a year. Already running a straight six petrol BMW 440i on my commute, so low-20s MPG is often seen, but at low annual miles it's still a small percentage of running costs of a new-ish car.

Post #572916 Sat Jan 12 2019 11:25am
Equilibrium

United Kingdom 

rrsfan wrote:
GJW1 wrote:

I have also heard that if you use a higher powered charger instead of a normal house plug that you get more range in the battery. Not sure if there is any truth to this but if there is it might be worth investing in a 7kw charger. Are there any members out there who could confirm this ?

Sorry for the slow reply, but I charged my demonstrator ovvernight on a normal plug in the garage. I definitely saw 31 mile range after the overnight charge and did manage to get a good 25 or so miles of urban driving out of it before 0% was reached. That was with occasional petrol assistance kicking in.

Just checked a geeky photo that I took and the first 9.8 mile trip averaged 168.4mpg and left a pure electric range of 15 miles showing. That implies a real world range of around 20 miles, but I got better at driving it as the day went on and recall seeing around 190mpg on several short trips.

Wish I hadn't looked at the pictures, I miss that black AB PHEV Big Cry Laughing

Post #572917 Sat Jan 12 2019 11:34am
Equilibrium

United Kingdom 

Thanks to everyone that helped on this thread. It's been a long decision process for our next family car.

The RRS is a fantastic vehicle and we were very close to choosing one. The hybrid would definitely have been the package for me.

Ultimately, we are going to go for another LR product - a Discovery 5. Deal finalised and the order will be going in today.

Having tested Model X, Cayenne, [new] X5, X3, RRS x2 and D5, the JLR products stood head and shoulders (literally as well a metaphorically) ahead of the competitors for our requirements.

Let's just hope we get a reliable D5 Smile

Post #576679 Fri Mar 08 2019 8:22am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Look forward to seeing you over on the Disco5 forum Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #576680 Fri Mar 08 2019 8:24am
Equilibrium

United Kingdom 

Cheers Jim, much appreciated Thumbs Up

I'm there under the same username bugging everyone about roof rails and HUD Laughing

Post #576682 Fri Mar 08 2019 8:26am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

So you are!! 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #576688 Fri Mar 08 2019 9:30am
SRE

Spain 

I wonder what the life expectance of the Battery Pack is on a big heavy car, plus the cost of the Battery Pack. Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #576690 Fri Mar 08 2019 9:41am
ilard

United Kingdom 

By implication, this thread is now about a ‘boring’ ICE car D5 purchase.

In terms of battery reliability for hybrids, there is an 8 year warranty and the evidence of years of Prius / Pious mileage shows they are actually pretty resilient. Which is good, cos they are probably £10k to replace... at a wild guess. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #576720 Fri Mar 08 2019 9:55pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

has anyone ever had their P400e charge during a drive? just driven from home in Lancashire up to Aberdeen and had it full before leaving then it sat at 19 miles of electric all the way on the motorway then used it all in the last bit of the journey. i assume that the sat nav cleverness put it to save mode to retain some charge for the city bit at the end, can it not charge it battery back up when in save mode?

Post #577486 Wed Mar 20 2019 5:41pm
Renaco

Germany 

it does charge if you have entered a destination and you direct start in save mode, it re-loads during the trip the lost electric energy.
But you will always have a loss as it never fills up to the former capacity. If you have a stop inbetween with totally switch off, then it dosent remeber to refill the lost energy, even if the satnav dosent forgot and follows the entered route.

So not proper programmed at all.

The only way to get an empty accu re-loaded during a trip, go in sand mode and it loads back up to 20%.
But without any efficency

I hope they Update the ECO Mode to re-load up to 10%, as this would really make sense.

Best René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #577503 Wed Mar 20 2019 7:47pm
eddkawasaki

United Kingdom 

Thanks, Would be nice if they changed it to recharge up to say 80% then hold while in save mode or even make the percentage a user setting.

Post #577511 Wed Mar 20 2019 8:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>