RRSPORT.CO.UK

    Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > scratch repairs on black leather seating.. any tips folks??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
 
hawky666



Member Since: 12 Nov 2017
Location: Callington / saltash
Posts: 6

United Kingdom 
scratch repairs on black leather seating.. any tips folks??

I've noticed that my interior isn't a s nice as i'd like as there are light scratches on the leather in a number of places and a patch where the sheen seems to have faded of on the bolster of drivers seat.
I was wondering if anyone has any tricks.. shoe polish etc sort of thing, for refreshing the leather and putting these lighter coloured scratches back to something a little less noticeable. Get some softness and colour back before it all gets worse.

Thanks in advance

Post #555063 Wed Apr 25 2018 9:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Paddi



Member Since: 06 Jul 2012
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1545

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Everything you need:
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Applications?apid=2

Thumbs Up 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #555065 Wed Apr 25 2018 9:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
hawky666



Member Since: 12 Nov 2017
Location: Callington / saltash
Posts: 6

United Kingdom 

Thanks paddy. Thats a great help.

Post #555066 Wed Apr 25 2018 9:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
BKHK



Member Since: 05 May 2008
Location: Perth
Posts: 1816

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Fuji White

Anyone found the door bins on the L494 to be are very easily marked and scuffed with daily use? Mine are marked and I am very careful, they are made of cheap plastic material

But with a tin of Kiwi black polish and a rag, mine are like new again, well worth a try! 2017 V8 SC - a great engine surrounded by overpriced averagely assembled mediocre parts collectively trying to be a luxury car but just not quite up to it.

Post #555108 Thu Apr 26 2018 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
andymc



Member Since: 04 Jan 2017
Location: london
Posts: 113

United Kingdom 

BKHK wrote:
Anyone found the door bins on the L494 to be are very easily marked and scuffed with daily use? Mine are marked and I am very careful, they are made of cheap plastic material

But with a tin of Kiwi black polish and a rag, mine are like new again, well worth a try!


What an awesome tip. I'll be doing this tomorrow! SVR with a few Urban touches.

Post #565666 Sat Sep 22 2018 2:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Andyjay123



Member Since: 22 Aug 2014
Location: London
Posts: 680

BKHK wrote:
Anyone found the door bins on the L494 to be are very easily marked and scuffed with daily use? Mine are marked and I am very careful, they are made of cheap plastic material

But with a tin of Kiwi black polish and a rag, mine are like new again, well worth a try!


Nice one 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #565669 Sat Sep 22 2018 8:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Andyjay123



Member Since: 22 Aug 2014
Location: London
Posts: 680

Paddi wrote:
Everything you need:
https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Applications?apid=2

Thumbs Up

Would fairy liquid work just as well do you think? 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #565670 Sat Sep 22 2018 8:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
GodivaNige



Member Since: 14 May 2016
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 378

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

TRG Leather renovator. It’s a thick liquid, apply with a small sponge on a cool day and work into the leather, especially where your have a few light scratches. After it has dried, buff with a micro fibre cloth. The colour although doesn’t remove a scratch, it blends it in with the dye.
Fantastic stuff it is, ive tried all manner of leather cleaners etc and this has been by far the best.

TRG Unisex-Adult Leather Renovator Shoe Treatments & Polishes Black 300.00 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXKVKKA/ref...PBb9E1A7WA

Post #565674 Sat Sep 22 2018 10:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Andyjay123



Member Since: 22 Aug 2014
Location: London
Posts: 680

What colour would I need for ivory leather seats?

I only ask as there are so many different whites


Thanks 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #565677 Sat Sep 22 2018 10:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
GodivaNige



Member Since: 14 May 2016
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 378

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Not sure TBH, i have black seats

Post #565678 Sat Sep 22 2018 10:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Andyjay123



Member Since: 22 Aug 2014
Location: London
Posts: 680

GodivaNige wrote:
TRG Leather renovator. It’s a thick liquid, apply with a small sponge on a cool day and work into the leather, especially where your have a few light scratches. After it has dried, buff with a micro fibre cloth. The colour although doesn’t remove a scratch, it blends it in with the dye.
Fantastic stuff it is, ive tried all manner of leather cleaners etc and this has been by far the best.

TRG Unisex-Adult Leather Renovator Shoe Treatments & Polishes Black 300.00 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXKVKKA/ref...PBb9E1A7WA


I don’t doubt you that it’s a good product

What are your thoughts on the reviews which claim it comes straight off the leather 2006 RRS Supercharged 4.2 HST muthuaflecka!

Post #565679 Sat Sep 22 2018 11:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Scrumpy



Member Since: 11 Nov 2016
Location: London
Posts: 336

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Andyjay123 wrote:
What colour would I need for ivory leather seats?

I only ask as there are so many different whites


Thanks


I bought some on Fleabay recently for Ivory leather for some damage on my rear seat (daughter had spilled nail varnish remover about a year ago and it left a mark that looked like it was wet).
It was really easy to apply and completely matched my colour. I think it was £30 for enough to do a full interior.
I even did the luggage space cover as I bought a second hand one a few years ago that was beige/brown and it worked perfectly.
I can't promote them here but if you search Range Rover Leather Seat Repair Dye,Evoque,Vogue,Sport,Discovery,TDV6.you will find it. They're based in Staffordshire.
Hope that helps, the below photo is afterwards, sorry I didn't take one of the damage before.

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #565708 Sat Sep 22 2018 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
GodivaNige



Member Since: 14 May 2016
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 378

England 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Andyjay123 wrote:
GodivaNige wrote:
TRG Leather renovator. It’s a thick liquid, apply with a small sponge on a cool day and work into the leather, especially where your have a few light scratches. After it has dried, buff with a micro fibre cloth. The colour although doesn’t remove a scratch, it blends it in with the dye.
Fantastic stuff it is, ive tried all manner of leather cleaners etc and this has been by far the best.

TRG Unisex-Adult Leather Renovator Shoe Treatments & Polishes Black 300.00 ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXKVKKA/ref...PBb9E1A7WA


I don’t doubt you that it’s a good product

What are your thoughts on the reviews which claim it comes straight off the leather


Not what I found, but I guess if you were to just put a coat of this stuff on your seats then buff it off, without spending time working it in then it could happen. It lasts much longer than any other product I’ve used, the seats have a very nice deep black sheen to them. I’m finding, once every six months is enough to keep them looking mint.

Post #565763 Sun Sep 23 2018 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
CANROVER



Member Since: 03 Oct 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 233

Canada 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

BKHK wrote:
Anyone found the door bins on the L494 to be are very easily marked and scuffed with daily use? Mine are marked and I am very careful, they are made of cheap plastic material

But with a tin of Kiwi black polish and a rag, mine are like new again, well worth a try!


So follow up question on the black polish..... Will it stain white clothing?

Post #565799 Mon Sep 24 2018 1:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2005-2018 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
RRSPORT.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

Switch to Mobile site