RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Meridian Reference signiture system sub woofer location ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Meridian Reference signiture system sub woofer location ?

Hi Guys.

I have the Meridian Reference signiture sound system in my sport which I must say absolutely sounds amazing, but where is the sub or should I say subs ??

The bass is soo deep and seems to come from everywhere, is there a sub on its own or is there subs all around built into the doors, dash etc ?

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #565547 Thu Sep 20 2018 6:09pm
PlasticKnife

United Kingdom 

I have the meridian too th 850w. I’m was wondering the same thing.

Post #565557 Thu Sep 20 2018 7:33pm
thomas brown

Hi PlasticKnife.

I think maybe some of the main speakers on the doors and dashboard have some kind of sub woofer built into them ?

If i remember correctly my old 2012 L320 Red edition had the sub in the rear door, Or was it under the rear boot floor ? Either way it was defiantly in the rear boot area.

Im not sure but i dont think The L494 has a sub in the rear door ?

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #565559 Thu Sep 20 2018 7:49pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

https://www.meridian-audio.com/en/in-car-a...ver-sport/ 

Post #565562 Thu Sep 20 2018 8:11pm
thomas brown

Thanks for that phill.

Cheers.

Post #565564 Thu Sep 20 2018 8:18pm
PlasticKnife

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys. Sound system sounds great though. Only just picked my19 up. It’s my first RRS and I must say I am impressed

Post #565581 Thu Sep 20 2018 11:07pm
andymc

United Kingdom 

I have the standard surround Meridian setup with only 19 speakers Razz

Mine is awesome but I really wish I had the reference system. Twice the power .. and those extra 4 speakers Laughing

In all honestly, I'd forgotten about that Meridian website. I never quite understood how the 19 speaker system only ever showed 16 speakers. And the pic of the 23 speaker system only showed 20.

Who stole the extra 3 speakers ?!?!?! SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #565657 Fri Sep 21 2018 9:06pm
philmw

Because the front centre and two far rear are coaxial tweeter and midrange. 

Post #565667 Sat Sep 22 2018 6:56am
thomas brown

I always thought maybe there was a couple of speakers in the rear and front as they were such big speaker covers. This as you say adds up to the 23 speakers Thumbs Up

I guess the main sub must be in the rear door ? I haven't heard it in there my self but as I've said before all I can hear is bass everywhere so its a little hard to tell unless i have my ear up against the back door panel !!

I'm out in my campervan this weekend so when I return Monday will go and listen in that area Mr. Green Who ever paid over 4k for this system I thank them very much as it's amazing Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Post #565668 Sat Sep 22 2018 7:14am
philmw

I suspect it is behind the n/s panel in the boot. 

Post #565671 Sat Sep 22 2018 8:02am
thomas brown

Hi Philmw.

Thanks for that info will look at the n/s rear boot panel, I guess its definitely not on the o/s rear boot panel as there is a cut out there.

Makes sense having it in the n/s rear boot corner instead of the back door which always creates vibration !

Thanks.

Post #565676 Sat Sep 22 2018 9:12am
wilf

The subwoofer is built into the plastic "torus" under the spare wheel on some cars I have looked at. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #565703 Sat Sep 22 2018 4:21pm
thomas brown

Ahh ok will have a look under there too Thumbs Up

But I think it's in the N/s rear boot panel from what I have seen online and on YouTube etc.

Cheers.

Post #565764 Sun Sep 23 2018 5:35pm
wilf

Could be - was thinking of my last Jag. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #565789 Mon Sep 24 2018 8:31am
thomas brown

Sorry to bring this old Thread up again !

When I fitted my landrover dog guard which I say was fun Censored !!!

I had both n/s and o/s rear boot panels off. The o/s rear as we all know holds the Auxiliary battery fuses etc. As I have the 4 zone climate in mine, behind the N/S rear boot panel is another big fan/ intake system and air condition heater unit etc. So no sub in there as that unit is massive no room for it. I will be taking my spare out soon having a good look in there to see what I can find too.

When I took it to my dealer last year I asked this question but they didn't know and said they think there is multiple subwoofers around the system Rolling Eyes !! Not much help as usual !!

Just wondering any you guys out there that have this Meridan signature reference sound system 1700w if you can tell where the sub or subs are ? If you have this system without 4 zone climate and have it in the n/s rear boot area then I know the 4 zone system motor/ heating / aircon unit replaces this in that area so I guess the sub is then moved in a different position? I'm sure mine is under the rear seats, but I maybe wrong ?

I'm going to try contact meridian tomorrow to finally put a line under this unless we can figure it out on here with our top knowledge Thumbs Up

It's just bugging me as I really want to know where this subwoofer is, my OCD again Mr. Green

Thanks.

Tom . Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #578942 Sun Apr 14 2019 9:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>