RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Advice needed on going to view RRS 2012 SDV6 Autobiography!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JI194

United Kingdom 
Advice needed on going to view RRS 2012 SDV6 Autobiography!

Hi all!
New here and after some advice ...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...obcid=soc3

I have been thinking about going to look at the following vehicle and wondered if anyone knew anything about it? Any history or anything to watch out for? Currently own a 2012 C63 Coupe and finally want to take the plunge on an RRS.

Reg is GF61 RCO.

Thanks in advance!

Post #565468 Wed Sep 19 2018 6:25pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Lovely looking car!
Can’t really give you any advice other than spend as much time as it takes to check out that EVERYTHING works!
I have a 12 year old SC and all I can tell you is that 1 small problem normally means another bigger problem somewhere! So don’t be intimidated by the dealer if you take your time.
Good luck, fingers crossed and let us know how you get on. 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #565470 Wed Sep 19 2018 7:06pm
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I don’t know the car but she looks well presented. Things to check:
How many owners, if more than two, or the last one only had it for a short time then there could be issues.
Check service history - physically check the documents. At this mileage you are looking at new oil in diffs and transfer gearbox. Not expensive if you do it yourself. If dealer says they will do it make sure they use correct oil. The transfer box uses “special LR transfer box oil”
State of brake pads, discs - braking without wobbles on the steering wheel. Parking brake operation.
Cycle the suspension several times. It should move between settings fairly quickly and smoothly.
At this age the battery could be needing replacement - check if it has a new one or an original LR battery.
Obviously turn everything on.
Check memory seats and mirrors
All tyres the same brand and roughly equal wear on axles, plus symmetrical wear.
Drive over uneven surface and listen for knocks on suspension. Expensive to fix.
Gear changes must be smooth, if not you may need a gearbox flush. At 70000mies the ATF will be a bit tired.
Look underneath no drips - except Air con water.

The list goes on but these are the big ones.

She should be quite nippy and smooth, but after she is warm slow down then give her the gun, go up to 3500 rpm and look in the mirror for smoke - there shouldn’t be any. If there is you should walk.

Now the good bit.

If you get a good one they are the best car you will ever own, but new they cost a lot and their maintenance ain’t cheap.

Hope you find she’s good

Phil

Post #565478 Wed Sep 19 2018 8:23pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

Have you checked the MOT history? It had advisories for front lower arms in 2016 but not picked up on the 17 or 18 MOT so could be worth looking in the Docs for an invoice. Also had a new tyre for the MOT this month. It did 20,500 miles in the 2015 to 16 year and 16,000 miles the year after. New owner maybe?

Overall a very nice car. I am biased though as it’s the twin of mine except I have the Ebony on Ivory leather rather than the Ivory on Ebony.

Since I bought it, I’ve fitted black mirror covers, black door handles, black vents and a black grill as I like the black on white look (like the Disco 4 Edition). I’ve just had the wheels refurbed in a carbon grey after damaging 2 on a crater in the road. I also fitted a plug and play boot closure from the key fob and interior switch as in standard trim it can only be closed on the boot switch.

2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #565479 Wed Sep 19 2018 8:30pm
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Forgot to mention warranty - check it, some are useless, then get a good one

Post #565480 Wed Sep 19 2018 8:34pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Have to admit I do like the "Monaco" trim but then I am biased Thumbs Up

Cheers
Col

Post #565485 Wed Sep 19 2018 9:08pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

The scratching on then driver’s door card metal (or is it plastic...) is evidence of someone wearing a sharp ring... on the driver’s side probably means a chap’s chunky sovereign or knuckleduster rather than a lady’s diamond engagement ring which is normally worn on the left hand in the UK. This is my useless ‘fact’ of the day. Just call me Columbo. Thumbs Up

Text says 20” LR style 10... no way. Wheels MUST surely be after-market so check they are appropriate including tyres’ speed rating. Wheels are declarable to insurers. Suggest you do not change anything else from factory... honestly, it’s not needed, especially on a white car.

Last service was 7 year service... it’s a big ‘un. Did it happen according to manufacturer’s specification? That’s important. Like timing belt etc if memory serves me right.

Typo: says next service is due 07/08/2018... I hope they mean 2019 (dealer’s attention to detail?). 3 months warranty is very tight, though. Warranty Direct cover (with wear & tear) might be ~£700 a year, FYI.

4 out of 6 characters in the dealer’s brand name are A’s. Impressive. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #565656 Fri Sep 21 2018 8:51pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

[Text says 20” LR style 10... no way. Wheels MUST surely be after-market so check they are appropriate including tyres’ speed rating. Wheels are declarable to insurers. Suggest you do not change anything else from factory... honestly, it’s not needed, especially on a white car]

Looks like a black Kahn Style wheel to me, as said certainly not L/R style 10 as that's what mine came on and they were diamond cut for a start.

Cheers
Col

Post #565660 Fri Sep 21 2018 9:16pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Shiny showroom photos. No images of the important stuff e.g. tyres, condition of brakes etc. FSH is a minimum but it really needs to have the correct wheels and decent tyres fitted before you even consider it. Cheap tyres is a simple walk away. Any history issues, walk away. The service should be done annually or by miles. If it's done 20k miles between "annual" services, walk away.

Otherwise, make sure everything works properly. Then check again. Drive it. Then check again.

"Shiny yum yum" cars are money pits.

There are sheds load of RRS on the market - don't be tempted by the first shiny one you see. These vehicles will eat money quicker than a 20 year old mistress... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #565665 Sat Sep 22 2018 1:44am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

The reference to the wheels is a direct cut from the spec sheet off something like Topix. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #565673 Sat Sep 22 2018 8:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1