Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Moved over to another side - German
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black
Moved over to another side - German

Hi all..

After having my 58-plate RRS for ~3.5 years.. including the fun expense of replacing both turbos, a starter motor and a handbrake module amongst general wear and tear items (even on the morning I part-ex'd it, I had to run tom Lookers in Park Royal in my classic Mini to get a boost hose that split the night before!)... I decided that I wanted something else.. something a bit more....... sporty, reliable and lower mileage.. whilst keeping in line with something comfy and something that could be used for the family too having a couple of young lads.

I'd toyed with the idea of a Nissan GT-R.. and even a BMW M4 convertible (had an E46 330ci beforehand and it never put a foot wrong). I also got used to the rumble of my TDV8 RRS. Anotehr motor I'd always liked was the Mercedes C63 AMG and decided to look in that direction... and that was when I came across a low-mileage E63 AMG-S. Took it for a test drive and decided that it ticked all my boxes Very Happy

It's a 2013 W212 facelift estate that had 25.5k miles on the clock with 6 months AMG warranty remaining. Pearl metallic white paint and the Multicontour dynamic seats with self-inflating side bolsters when cornering and massage. Under the bonnet is 577 horses from the 5.5l bi-turbo V8 producing 590lb-ft torque.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The build quality is superb and fun-factor extremely high.. should definitely be...... "interesting" when the roads start getting a bit greasy! Very Happy

Cheers..

Ian

Post #565225 Sat Sep 15 2018 5:59pm
BKHK

Australia 

Awesome engine that 5.5 biturbo V8. Nice car.

Post #565236 Sat Sep 15 2018 11:12pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Lots of visit's to the tyre shop then lovely looking motor Thumbs Up

Post #565242 Sun Sep 16 2018 7:14am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

That looks a stunning car and a lot of smiles per gallon, what’s the road tax?.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #565246 Sun Sep 16 2018 8:20am
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Don`t like many estates but the E63 is one of my favourites. I`d have one of those over a RRS in a heartbeat. Enjoy. Steve.

Post #565257 Sun Sep 16 2018 10:29am
Cymruambyth

Wales 

Stevepd wrote:
That looks a stunning car and a lot of smiles per gallon, what’s the road tax?.

Steve.

I`ll have you know it`s not road tax anymore, as it doesn`t go towards the roads anymore. it`s Vehicle Excise Duty.....I think Laughing Thumbs Up Steve.

Post #565258 Sun Sep 16 2018 10:31am
Ian.H

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Java Black

Thanks all.. definitely puts a smile on your face.. and being a lower-compression turbo engine, not quite as "shouty" as the N/A C63.. actually in "comfort" setting, it's really quite quiet when being driven conservatively. Glad it came with standard brakes too.. the 'S' model had the carbon ceramic as an (expensive) option, but they appear to be ~£1200 for the front discs alone.. so happy with the good ol' pig iron units Very Happy

Definitely think I need to look into shares in Pirelli (came shod with P-Zeros all round) as even in the dry, planted in sport+ mode, it'll fishtail even at 60mph.. but driven like that, the MPG drops into single figures.. normal driving averages ~18mpg.. not far off what my daily average was in my RRS (mainly short urban journeys).

Road (ahem.. just another gov' tax Very Happy ) tax is the £500+ bracket I think. The dealer I bought it from taxed it for me as part of the deal.

Definitely enjoying it and plan to do a smallish Euro road trip in it with the family to Spain next year.

Cheers..

Ian

Post #565272 Sun Sep 16 2018 2:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1