RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Can't get SDV6 Hev in electric mode ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi guys.

Just to let you know I finally got my Hybrid back on Friday Mr. Green

Hybrid systems are all working 100% Thumbs Up Love it to bits I must say really impressed with it Thumbs Up For the next few days I'm working so will have no time on her till around Tuesday least she is parked at home and in my garage too.

Will give you more details later.

Have a good evening.

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #563930 Sat Aug 25 2018 10:18pm
avos

Good to hear you have the car back!

I had a similar issue about 1 week ago (so no load/discharge and auto stop/start didn't work), do you know what the garage has done whee they think all is ok now? RRS SDV6 HEV Dynamic
XKR 700 BHP with Twin-screw and LSD

Post #564185 Thu Aug 30 2018 1:06pm
thomas brown

Hi Avos.

Yea really happy I got my Hybrid back Mr. Green

Mine was a simple fault and it was the main Engine battery which was knackered !! This was causing all the same symptoms you have described. Once they fitted a new battery all was perfect Thumbs Up

Jon another member on here which has a hybrid had the same symptoms too but it was his Auxiliary battery in the right side boot compartment which was not coded to the BCU !!

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564188 Thu Aug 30 2018 2:30pm
avos

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback!

I had some odd other small things as well that could possibly be related to the battery, so it may well be the same issue I have.

For some unknown reason, mine is working again, but I will already prepare for a battery swap for just in case.

I really like this car, and the hybrid part, both in normal mode to drive relaxed and in dynamic mode to get on Wink RRS SDV6 HEV Dynamic

Post #564750 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:31am
avos

Digged just now into the battery setup to learn a bit more about my car as so far I haven't.

I see that on our Hybrids we have a small 14Ahr 200CCA AGM secondary battery, which is used to provide steady power to critical electrical systems when the starter is used. If the 2nd one doesn't have enough juice anymore, the start/stop will be disabled.

Will monitor my driving more now, as I do have a lot of start/stop in my morning 25km commute, but much less in the evening as I then can take the highway. So just guessing out loud, maybe my secondary is already weaker and not loaded quick enough, but will check that later.

Assuming it could be the (either one) battery, is it normal to expect battaries can last so short? Mine is from Nov/2016 with 27Kmiles. RRS SDV6 HEV Dynamic

Post #564803 Sun Sep 09 2018 10:19am
thomas brown

Hi Avos.

Cheers for that info. Yea the second battery is behind the boot panel on the o/s which is where Jon on here had to have his battery recallbrated to his BCU to get his Hybrid working correctly.

Certainly lots going on with our Hybrid's but it's good we are learning about them as we can help others with their issues in the future Thumbs Up

Batteries should last quite a while but some batteries can last up to 5 years plus and some less then three like yours. I suppose all depends on what demands and use they have had. If the vehicle is standing around alot it will always shorten battery life much quicker.

As you have a hybrid too, don't know if you have seen my other thread but do you have the eco data Menu on your extra features Menu ? I can't seem to find it on mine !
I think your main touch screen is the later one then mine the 10inch pro system if yours is a 66 plate ? Mine is the updated version of the original system as my Hybrid is a march 2016 but I still have the hard keys either side so I have the 8 inch screen.
Just curious if our Hybrid's have this menu ! Or I'm being a plonker and can't find it !!

Cheers.

Tom . Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564811 Sun Sep 09 2018 12:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123