RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Self Diagnostics, what do you use ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Self Diagnostics, what do you use ?

Hi Guys.

What do you use for your own plug in diagnostics ?

I have a hawk eye which I only have unlocked for a Discovery TD5 and also a nano com for my Disco too.

I know you can get the unlock codes for the L494 sport so I can then access all the data and programming I want, just wanted your opinion on what's the best systems to use out there for our L494's ?

Thanks

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564724 Fri Sep 07 2018 5:44pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Gap IID tool Thumbs Up

Post #564727 Fri Sep 07 2018 6:29pm
thomas brown

Hi Geoffsnook.

Thanks for the reply.

Been having a good look at these Gap IID Tools for the pro it is really expensive but this will give me what I'm after I guess. Seems alot more money then a hawk eye pro ! Can this do more ! I really need to find out if the hawk eye pro covers the L494 like this Gap IID Tool does.

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564734 Fri Sep 07 2018 8:25pm
IRBails

Australia 

I have a Blue Tooth OBII sender and this connects to a phone app that allows me to read codes and reset fault codes. The App is ODB auto doctor and was not that pricey. will not give the same detail as a GAP tool but GAP doesn't have the features I want also. I use the tool to decide what the fault codes are related to and so far it has been really good. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #564738 Fri Sep 07 2018 9:55pm
thomas brown

That sounds a pretty good diagnostic tool you have. I have never used the Bluetooth diagnostic tools but I guess it's the way things are going with Apps on phones.

Hawk eye pro still uses a separate screen on its device just wondering if anybody on here uses it in their L494 ?

I must say I prefer the hawk eye over nano com, my Hawkeye for discovery 2 is brilliant with everything ECU, bcu, air suspension and especially the Ace system I can do so much with self tests, ace rock n roll tests, bleeding brakes etc. Was just hoping I could pay out around £300 and have all this for my L494.

Thanks.

Post #564739 Fri Sep 07 2018 10:15pm
Dave Harries

United Kingdom 

I use Autel 908, very good bit of kit and will do more than I will ever use on it. It also does multiple brands

Post #564742 Sat Sep 08 2018 4:12am
thomas brown

Hi Dave.

Never heard of that one definitely going to look at this.

Cheers.

Post #564748 Sat Sep 08 2018 7:13am
Dave Harries

United Kingdom 

Thomas it is not a cheap option, it cost me £1700, but I do a bit of remapping and it is the same kit that allot of pro remappers use, I mainly use it for checking for fault codes before a remap and data logging after.

Post #564760 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:35am
thomas brown

Yes it's a smart bit of kit I must say Thumbs Up I do quite a bit of land rover work for friends but only on the older discovery 2's. This bit of kit would make it possible for me to do more work on the newer land rovers.

Very interested in this though Mr. Green I guess you can upload map files to this as you say you do remapping.

Just got to get it past the Mrs Rolling Eyes

Thanks.

Post #564762 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:43am
Dave Harries

United Kingdom 

No it will not load files to the ecu, I use alientech kess v2 and magic motorsport x17 for the remapping.

Post #564766 Sat Sep 08 2018 9:03am
thomas brown

Still the system still looks very smart though. Thumbs Up

There are alot of systems out there I'm just trying to see what options I have but I do like this though Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Post #564798 Sun Sep 09 2018 8:01am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

GAP IID Thumbs Up

Post #564799 Sun Sep 09 2018 8:06am
Dave Harries

United Kingdom 

If you are interested in the Autel contact a company called mobile eco remapping ask for Dave Simpson, they are in weston super mare. He is an official dealer and gives very good support. They are doing the maxisys 908 with 2 years subs. Also there is a facebook group for the tool which is very helpful.

Post #564800 Sun Sep 09 2018 8:10am
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

IID Tool Thumbs Up --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #564801 Sun Sep 09 2018 8:37am
thomas brown

Dave Harries wrote:
If you are interested in the Autel contact a company called mobile eco remapping ask for Dave Simpson, they are in weston super mare. He is an official dealer and gives very good support. They are doing the maxisys 908 with 2 years subs. Also there is a facebook group for the tool which is very helpful.

Cheers for this information Dave Thumbs Up

Will be giving them a buzz tomorrow. Good it has a Facebook page too.

Thanks.

Post #564813 Sun Sep 09 2018 11:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>