RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Under Seat to Main Harness RHS - dodgy connections
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Expire

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
Under Seat to Main Harness RHS - dodgy connections

Hi.

Over the years of moving the driver's seat back and forth - the wiring harness to the underseat connector (C2368) seems to have partially failed. (The Air Bag warning light comes on intermittently on start-up). If the bundle of wires are wiggled near the connector and the car rebooted the fault can disappear (no warning light).

I used to think that it was the pins within the connector getting 'lazy' but some judicious bending does not produce a permanent fix. I think that one of the many wires going to the connector c2368 wires is broken inside the insulation - and temporarily reconnects after a bit of wiggling.

A couple of questions;

Is the underseat connector and wiring in question part of the main harness or is it a shorter piece that might be replaced on its own?

As I won't be replacing the main harness does anyone have experience in making repairs? If I could get hold of a pre-wired C2368 connector a repair looks to be fairly straight forward.

Any ideas anyone?

Mike

Post #564775 Sat Sep 08 2018 3:37pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

You have obviously had a good look already.

make a note of the wire colours of the airbag wires from a diagram. They goto the yellow and orange connectors from memory

Inspect the insulation on these 4 wires. You can sometimes see the break as it's a little thinner there or looks different (if you have a keen eye).

Obviously is not sensible to repair it directly there (well I guess you could as a test with solder, to prove that is the fault), but the long term seat movement will obviously stresses this point, so you need to replace maybe 6 inches of the wire, or however much you think is required so that section does not bend.

best to disconnect the battery if soldering airbag wires!

Well I guess you don't need to look for the break, just replace 6 inches of a pair of wires and try it.

Post #564777 Sat Sep 08 2018 4:26pm
Expire

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Thanks Andy

After a whole afternoon on the net I think that I can buy a new connector and (I hope) wires (418-411-13) and the special Heat Shrink Sleeve (418-104).

I agree with you. I will replace a good 6 inches of wire with a solder joint with heat shrink sleeve - and disconnecting the battery is a must!

Thanks for your support. I will report back in a few weeks.

Mike

Post #564780 Sat Sep 08 2018 6:13pm
hoppy_70

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

My late 2015 had the same problem. They ordered a new connector then decided they could repair it. Unfortunately I’ve no idea what they did! Range Rover Sport HSE DYnamic SDV6 Velocity blue 2020 MY
Range Rover sport HSE Dynamic P400e Silver
Range Rover Sport 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic 2016 MY
Range Rover sport 3.6tdv8HSE 2007 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2005 Gone
Range Rover sport 2.7tdv6SE 2007 honey
Range rover Vogue 2005 4.4 - GONE and missed
BMW 535d M sport 2006 - GONE not as missed
BMW X5 4.4 2004 sport - GONE

Post #564784 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1