RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 5.0S Service... Dealer feedback...Excellent!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

5.0S Service... Dealer feedback...Excellent!

We are often super critical of the dealer network on here but I want to even the score a little bit with the story of my recent service experience with Beadles Sidcup which was excellent!
My 5.0S was due for its second service and it’s first main one under my ownership..car is a 16MY with 27k on the clock.. I am a high mileage user and most of this was done under my ownership in less than a year..
Only criticism was the length of time it took to book the car in which is a rolling 6-8 week wait.

Over the last year the car has performed brilliantly and is one awesome car which is as fast as an SVR but without the shiny bits...a lot more understated and less attention grabbing which is perfect for my commutes!

Only issues it has faced was a weird occasional clonk from the rear end particularly when cold which felt like the rear diff was fighting the left rear suspension when turning out of junctions..it felt like the diff was locking up and making the road wheel scrub.. there was no tyre wear to suggest that however and I presumed it was either the diff or a bush in the rear trailing arms..

The second was that it also occasionally held onto low gears for the first half mile when cold... this would manifest itself by staying in second or third for far too long which then prompted you to manually change up on the paddles..

As an aside I also mentioned I had a slight squeak from somewhere deep inside the roof centre console and occasionally the brakes squealed slightly at low speed...

Booked the car in this week expecting not to see it back for ages... the following day it’s all done...

The clonking was diagnosed as an issue with the transfer box.... utterly bizarre as that’s never what I thought it was.. apparently there is a bulletin on this which states a flush of the transfer box will cure...it certainly has and amazingly the issue has disappeared overnight...brilliant!

For the holding gears issues they have reprogrammed the gearbox which has cured that fault..

For the minor brake squeal which really was minor they have replaced both the front and rear pads with brand new ones,

For the squeak in the roof they certainly didn’t dismiss it and spent a long time trying to rectify. I needed the car this week so they have booked the car in again despite my oh don’t worry it’s not that bad to totally take the roof lining down to find it..

The car was immaculate upon collection..and drove better than it ever has.. the service staff there and the technician were absolutely brilliant and I left feeling very very positive about the LR brand!

Well impressed and well done Beadles!

Post #564752 Sat Sep 08 2018 7:56am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

It’s good to hear something positive about a dealer for a change & im glad you mentioned about the clunking noise as mine does exactly the same & also holds gears when cold so I’m going to get mine booked in with dealers & explain what you have said as mine is still under warranty for another 12 month.Thanks for your comments.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #564754 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:03am
Farmer Chalk

Don’t forget to mention the squeaky brakes as well as I think they said there’s a bulletin about those as well!

The knock was weird and there’s no way I thought it would be the transfer box... but the flush has definately worked as has the gearbox reprogram...

Good luck! Very Happy

Post #564761 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:38am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

My brakes are fine but I’m thinking of fitting some low dust pads from EBC as my wheels are covered in brake dust within a few miles of driving.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #564764 Sat Sep 08 2018 8:45am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

As fast as an SVR without the shiny bits... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #564772 Sat Sep 08 2018 12:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1