RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Deployable side step settings.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Deployable side step settings.

Hi Guys.

Another question Rolling Eyes I have looked online but had no luck !! I know you guys will know Mr. Green

There is a button on the right side under the rear boot open button which is for the deployable side steps. How do you get it to work ? I know you can switch them off from deploying and you can keep them out for say cleaning them or loading something on the roof !
I know land rover do a booklet with these deployable side steps but I can't find it online either !!

Any help would be appreciated Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564022 Mon Aug 27 2018 4:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

All accessory installation and operating instructions can be downloaded from the JLRTopix website in pdf format 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #564024 Mon Aug 27 2018 5:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Hi Tim.

Got the installation instructions but can't find the operation instructions for the deployable side steps.

I will keep looking Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564026 Mon Aug 27 2018 5:45pm
Cornishman

United Kingdom 

You are correct, booklet part number VPLWPO182, “ To switch DSS on.. Press and hold switch, Press and hold Stop/ Start button, the button will flash 3 times . To turn off repeat the same , and button will flash 2 times “ The steps will not deploy if speed is above 5 kph or train response is set to ...mud/ sand or rock crawl. Hope it works for you..

Post #564029 Mon Aug 27 2018 6:09pm
thomas brown

Hi Cornishman.

Cheers for the help. Been looking on Topix for this information but with no joy !!

I guess when you say the start / stop button you mean the actual engine stop / start button ? Or am I being a plonker here Rolling Eyes

And to get them to stay out for cleaning etc I found out myself you open the door till they come out then hold the deployable side step button till it lights up. Then they stay out.

Thanks

Post #564031 Mon Aug 27 2018 6:19pm
thomas brown

Eventually I have found this on YouTube

But he doesn't know what you know about the flashing button Cornishman Mr. Green

This bloke doesn't say how to keep them out but I think I've figured that out !! Well we will see if I can do it tomorrow again !

Thanks.

Post #564037 Mon Aug 27 2018 7:19pm
HXM

United Kingdom 

I’ve got the dss booklet in the car I’ll take photos tomorrow MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #564042 Mon Aug 27 2018 9:26pm
thomas brown

Hi HXM.

I would really appreciate that, thank you. I Don't have the book in my folder, I guess you can get these from the dealers !

Will have a proper look again in my folder tomorrow just in case I missed this little book.

Thanks.

Post #564044 Mon Aug 27 2018 9:39pm
Cornishman

United Kingdom 

Odd video, my My16 works as I described, press function switch then ignition on and yellow light on function switch will flash. Then turn ignition off , door open or closed.

Post #564058 Tue Aug 28 2018 9:03am
thomas brown

Thanks again for all your help Thumbs Up

Post #564071 Tue Aug 28 2018 3:13pm
Terras14

I have a most strange encounter with my DSS recently.
Normally when you open your door, it will deploy and as soon as the door is closed, it will retract.
I get out of my car for lunch one day and when I return to my car, the side step remain deployed. I then realised I did not lock the car. Things were fine no item lost or what. But what puzzle me is why is the side step rwmain deployed?
I drove home reach my house carpark get off the car and didnt lock the car. The side step retract.
Anyone has any idea?

Post #564566 Wed Sep 05 2018 5:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1