RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > JLR Black Horse Finance 6.9% APR - anyone manage lower?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
From what I can see - The dealers seem to be playing with a certain pot of money - either by lowering the APR or by offering a higher discount. The winner is one who can get the most Wink

If you are buying cash then pushing for a higher discount is obviously better for you but if you are going to do a PCP then you need to do your sums and see if a higher discount with a higher APR works out cheaper or if a lower APR and a lower discount works out cheaper! IF a higher discount and a lower APR is achieved then one is laughing!

Thumbs Up

RRSMan, the daft thing about the offer they made me was that I didn't ask for any finance. I was always going to pay for mine outright and asked for a discount but got nothing. Apart from that is LR discounted my car by £1k for the inconvenience of having to get a CAT5 tracker installed. But that may have had something to do with complaining directly to Dr Ralf Speth about the ludicrous situation of selling cars that you can't insure unless you subsequently get a CAT 5 tracker fitted!

Cheers
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #554040 Fri Apr 13 2018 4:26pm
Canary

England 

All the dealer's I have spoken to cannot match rocker on rate nor discount, stunned by this really as they are throwing sales away ?? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #554080 Fri Apr 13 2018 7:37pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

∆∆∆

The 3 I communicated with didn't even try to match Rockar or have any interest in a dialogue.

Seems bizarre really.

Post #554082 Fri Apr 13 2018 7:42pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I can see why! Dealers are having no difficulty in shifting MY18 RRS’s and can sell them without any discounts so they really have no need to match Rockers. We have to remember that at least 80% of the people who go in to buy a new car are not forum savvy like us so I guess the dealers know this and if they lose a couple of sales a month to Rocker they can cover it by selling cars for more to that 20%...hope I’m making sense!

The sales manager at one of the biggest London dealer has actually told me this himself...those that walk in asking them to match Rocker or Car wow are told to go and buy the cars there they won’t match!

Post #554210 Sat Apr 14 2018 9:50pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

My local dealer is the same, never offer any discount over what’s available on the LR website, I take great delight buying elsewhere & taking it there for warranty & servicing, then letting the sales guys know how far they are away from getting my business, but as you say RRSman there are still enough suckers out there to fall for their nonsense & they are still making a fortune so a few sales lost to sensible people are nothing to them.

Post #554213 Sat Apr 14 2018 10:06pm
kismet110

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

RRSman wrote:
I can see why! Dealers are having no difficulty in shifting MY18 RRS’s and can sell them without any discounts so they really have no need to match Rockar's. We have to remember that at least 80% of the people who go in to buy a new car are not forum savvy like us so I guess the dealers know this and if they lose a couple of sales a month to Rockar they can cover it by selling cars for more to that 20%...hope I’m making sense!

The sales manager at one of the biggest London dealer has actually told me this himself...those that walk in asking them to match Rockar or CarWow are told to go and buy the cars there they won’t match!

Yeah, I can see that. The slight surprise was the total disinterest, wasn't even a case of "let's have a chat" or "we can maybe add xyz as a freebie" to try and get the business - just a straight up lack of desire!

It is what it is though and a shame really as these vehicles are not cheap items.

Quote:
My local dealer is the same, never offer any discount over what’s available on the LR website, I take great delight buying elsewhere & taking it there for warranty & servicing, then letting the sales guys know how far they are away from getting my business, but as you say RRSman there are still enough suckers out there to fall for their nonsense & they are still making a fortune so a few sales lost to sensible people are nothing to them.

To their credit the dealership closest to me did offer the biggest discount (3.7%) which wasn't quite as good as Rockar but couldn't budge on the finance, like you I will be using them no doubt for the warranty & service work though Smile

Post #554216 Sat Apr 14 2018 10:17pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I could not get the dealer to move on APR at all so went with another lender externally and my monthly payments were nearly £80 a month lower than the JLR finance figures...lower APR and the same Balloon as JLR finance offered - a win win Thumbs Up

Post #557600 Mon May 28 2018 5:39pm
Sjp32

United Kingdom 

Where did you go for finanance RRSman? My local dealer seems totally disinterested tbh. It’s nice they aren’t pushy but it would be good if they had a bit of enthusiasm! I tried to sit down with someone to discuss spec etc but they were either at lunch or not able to speak to me despite two of them sat down looking at screens no customer, and one who I walked behind was playing a game on his phone! I’ve always had German some bought online some bought from dealers but I’m always upfront with the dealer and tell them I will buy online if they can’t get close and they always do their best but these guys just can’t be bothered apparently. Matford Landrover Exeter 😲

Post #557603 Mon May 28 2018 6:45pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

My supplying dealer could only offer me 6.9% apr on the sport.

On phoning around and speaking to other finance brokers, hearing car funding is available at 4ish% apr, with lower monthlies and a better balloon. Saving me 0000's over a 3 yr period.

If of interest, give Dan who was very helpful a shout at http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/ or tel: 01773 512806

Post #564178 Thu Aug 30 2018 10:48am

United Kingdom 

Just put an order in for my p400e and have been given a rate of 4.9% by the dealer for a PCP.

Post #564198 Thu Aug 30 2018 4:34pm

United Kingdom 

P.S. Am told that is through Black Horse.

Post #564199 Thu Aug 30 2018 4:35pm
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

Which dealership?

Post #564216 Thu Aug 30 2018 10:04pm

United Kingdom 

It’s with Rockar Stratford. Seem to offer reasonable discounts too.

https://landrover.rockar.com

Post #564218 Thu Aug 30 2018 10:29pm
EstorilSVR

United Kingdom 

RE66ELL wrote:
My supplying dealer could only offer me 6.9% apr on the sport.

On phoning around and speaking to other finance brokers, hearing car funding is available at 4ish% apr, with lower monthlies and a better balloon. Saving me 0000's over a 3 yr period.

If of interest, give Dan who was very helpful a shout at http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/ or tel: 01773 512806

Hello RE66ELL - did Dan get you a 4% APR deal? Who is the finance provider? I just called him and he said its not possible?

Post #564453 Tue Sep 04 2018 8:32am
RE66ELL

United Kingdom 

My takeaway from chat with him 4’s was possible with a high st bank.
I’m yet to pull the trigger on who to go with as still shopping around

Post #564530 Wed Sep 05 2018 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>