RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Side wing vent removal ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Side wing vent removal ?

Hi Guys.

Does anybody have any idea how to remove the side wing vents on a 2016 Hev sport ? I think they can be stripped down in bits too ?

The reason I want to remove one is that when I bought mine a few weeks ago I noticed when I picked her up that the Hybrid badge was slightly coming away which is incorporated in these vents. Any way they said they would send me a new badge and I said I would fit it myself. Thing is the badge is only sold complete with the side intake vent ! So need to remove this vent but I think it is also possible to strip it down in bits ?

Anyhelp would be appreciated,

Thanks.

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564113 Wed Aug 29 2018 10:54am
PEACHY

England 

Here's a starter Thumbs Up

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/43-range...vents.html

I will add - remove when warm the tabs become brittle over time & cold weather Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #564155 Wed Aug 29 2018 7:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Hi Peachy.

Cheers for that info. It is hard to find anything online for the l494 side wing vents !
Sounds pretty straight forward well we will see Rolling Eyes

Will give it a go towards the weekend, think I will warm it all up with a hair dryer before attacking this !!

Thanks again Mr. Green

Tom. Indus Silver / Santorini Black Roof MY16 Autobiography Dynamic Hybrid 354bhp. 22" Style 504 Alloys. Lunar Grey / Ebony Seats and Interior. Surround Cameras, Meridian Signature Reference sound system 1700watts, Adaptive cruise & Queue Assist, Blind spot closing vehicle , Adaptive Xenon Headlights, 4zone Climate, infra-red reflective glass, deployable side steps, and a few more extras .......

Post #564159 Wed Aug 29 2018 8:04pm
PEACHY

England 

I've removed a few of the older ones - some easy - some was stubborn - make sure you protect the paintwork & take your time - one slip & it's a new paint job on the fender Rolling Eyes the fenders aren't that strong & the clip securing holes pressed into the panel can become distorted if to much pressure is used Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #564161 Wed Aug 29 2018 8:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Pressure is on Rolling Eyes

I certainly will take my time that's for sure ! The Hybrid badge is only in the long ways bars in the wing vent so hopefully I will just get away from removing this and not the complete wing vent !

I have seen this video which shows they do completely strip down but I'm hoping I can do it like this whilst on the vehicle too ! Good to know the long ways bars are stuck to the body though ! So hopefully all I need to do is remove the long bars Thumbs Up

Cheers.

Post #564164 Wed Aug 29 2018 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1