Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2015 rrs won't start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

brucei

United Kingdom 
2015 rrs won't start

Hi

I have driven to Spain in my 2015 RRS. After a host of issues (read my approved farce thread), I have finally arrived in southern Spain. Car has been fine other than some small vibrations on motorways and squeaky brakes at low speeds.

We went to lunch today and left the car in the top level of an open car park. Came back an hour later and it would not start. I would press the engine start and the seat would move into the position and the rev counter would flick to red and back again but would not start. It would then go back to the Land Rover screen and start the process again.

I called Land Rover assistance and awaited a recovery vehicle. While waiting the temperature dropped so I thought I would return to the car to try again and it started first time.

Is this a common problem ?, has anyone experienced this ?

Problem I have now is we are on the top of a mountain and have to drive back to England, I'm now conscious that I have an intermittent problem with the car and when will it decide to do it again ?

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks

Post #563405 Fri Aug 17 2018 4:59pm
BKHK

Australia 

I have no idea of the problem but I have never had a starting problem in temperatures in the 40s with my diesel RRSs. I am sorry to hear of your problems. They are great when they run well.

Post #563416 Sat Aug 18 2018 12:17am
syl

United Kingdom 

Brake pedal switch? I once had problems starting a Jaguar which had lights flickering a bit like that. I had been fitting something in the drivers footwell (stainless footrest) and must have been pressing on the brake pedal. Turned out I had to stamp on the brake really hard (both feet type pressure) to get it to acknowledge my presence, then it started and was OK. Alternatively the switch could be broken. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #563545 Sun Aug 19 2018 10:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1