RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Can't get SDV6 Hev in electric mode ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Tim, you're confusing "knowing" with "caring". LR dealers don't care. It's that simple. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #563248 Wed Aug 15 2018 2:39pm
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Yea you would think they would have checked the condition of the battery out or at least put it on charge if it was low !!
Typical stealers !!!
You would thought all this tech we have in land rovers today why they don't put solar panels built in the sun roof like what Volvo trucks do !! Least this way it would always have some sort of charge going to the batteries.

Another thing which I forgot to mention once we broke down at Cambridge was it was saying in the display it needed a oil change in 1100miles !! Its just come out of the work shop come on Censored When I spoke to Listers of Droitwich yesterday the girl was trying to say well sometimes it comes up early but I said even though my next service is in January !!!
Well I said It's obviously got fuel in the oil due to the regeneration process for the Dpf filters, and it needs a oil change !

Spoke to Marshalls today and they already picked up on this and as they said the oil is diluted due to contamination of fuel slightly. So looks like a oil and filter change now too.
Plus I could be getting a deployable side step changed due to slight wear on it as well !!
Well I might get my land rover back this month Rolling Eyes she has never been home yet !!

Tom.

Post #563249 Wed Aug 15 2018 2:47pm
thomas brown

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Tim, you're confusing "knowing" with "caring". LR dealers don't care. It's that simple.

I agree their level of care is pretty poor from stealers today !! I only go to them for the warranty which to be honest is not worth shouting about anymore either !!!

What you want is a really good car dealer that deals mainly with land rovers but to find them it's pretty difficult !!

Tom.

Post #563251 Wed Aug 15 2018 2:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You can opt for solar panels on the roof of a Prius PHEV or the EV version’s but they are rather expensive and most folks would prefer a sunroof! However last year Autocar ran one with the solar roof and found that on an average UK day (well one in Teddington at Autocar towers, not a welsh or Scottish day) they got .................. 3 miles worth of extra charge after parking it in a sunny location. I think I would prefer the sunroof too for so little enefit from the solar panels. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #563279 Wed Aug 15 2018 6:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Yep i agree too i would always prefer a opening sun roof then a extra few miles. Surely Landrover could put a solar panel behind the sun roof there is space, it would be just enough to trickle charge the batteries.

Tom.

Post #563301 Wed Aug 15 2018 10:17pm
Tim in Scotland

I use a Maplins £10 panel on the top of the dash to keep the engine starting and electrics ( not the propulsion battery) charged. As the PowerPoints inside the car are not live with the ignition off I have it connected to the jumpstart posts under the bonnet - worked well in the last Sport and is working well in the Countryman PHEV. The Mini’s HV battery can be left plugged into a wall socket or charge point for up to 90 days too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #563308 Thu Aug 16 2018 3:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
thomas brown

Hi Tim.

I think i will get a solar charging panel as they sound a good idea. Yea that's good you can charge your mini up from the mains too.

Will have to source another solar panel from somewhere else as maplins are no more ! EBay i think.

Really can't wait to get my Sport back its looking next week now !

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563318 Thu Aug 16 2018 7:42am
Tim in Scotland

Very similar panels are available at 50% higher price than Maplins, from Amazon or The AA
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visua-Powered-Bat...EJWBVVWRBY 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #563335 Thu Aug 16 2018 1:36pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

What about one like this that plugs into the obd port,easier than running wires to batter or terminals under bonnet.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AA-Car-Essentia...SwhcNafAq5
Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Last edited by Tyrefitter on Thu Aug 16 2018 3:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #563336 Thu Aug 16 2018 2:11pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Tom, glad it sounds at least that it is a simple fix and you're not going to endure weeks and months of doubt and uncertainty!
Hopefully you will be enjoying all it's glory soon.
As others have mentioned, I bought an AA solar charger that sits on the dash with the added benefit of an ODB plug so it's all self contained within the cabin and I don't need to find a cable route to the battery box.
So far it's been great at trickle charging as I sometimes only use the car once a week. 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #563338 Thu Aug 16 2018 2:53pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Im glad your happy with it Scumpy,,ive been toying with the idea of getting one,my local Waterloo car parts supplier has them in stock about £18 with the vat,,looks like ill be investing in one as I only use mine at the weekends & the windscreen catches the sun most of the day.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #563341 Thu Aug 16 2018 3:17pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Yea like the idea of the one that plugs into the obd port Thumbs Up

Yes I am pleased with my sport just wish I had it home with me !! They are a little slow at Marshalls Ipswich they haven't even rang Listers Droitwich up regarding the oil change !! I'm hoping to get her back next week !! Looks like the end of next week now Big Cry As i said earlier it keeps saying it needs a oil change in 1100 mile and they want to check with Listers what they did !! As always stealers never seem to get things done it just takes so long such a drawn out process !!

Definitely on eBay tonight getting one of those charges Mr. Green

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563346 Thu Aug 16 2018 5:23pm
Tim in Scotland

Connection by crocodile clips to the jump start posts can also done internally and invisible. I posted a “how to” here
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49141.html?highlight=trickle 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #563394 Fri Aug 17 2018 10:18am
thomas brown

Cheers for that Tim Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563403 Fri Aug 17 2018 2:58pm
wilf

Tom - glad to read that your car has nothing major amiss, but still saddened to see how inept LR Dealers can be.

Astonishing that a "fresh off a showroom floor" car does not have its battery charged before being delivered to a buyer, just insanity. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #563414 Fri Aug 17 2018 8:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>