RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Can't get SDV6 Hev in electric mode ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red
Can't get SDV6 Hev in electric mode ?

Hi Guys.

Just traveled this morning over to Droitwich from Norwich to pick my 2016 Autobiography Dynamic Hev up, its gorgeous and I love it but I'm almost halfway home but I can't seem to get Electric mode to work ! Stop start is active but even the Sdv6 is not stop starting !
The battery is fully charged and been in loads of traffic on the A14 but it won't cut in electric mode even if i push the EV button at standstill or just rolling nothing happens !! When I stop it comes up with ready in green but nothing !! If I push EV button EV comes on the dashboard but only in white not green !

Have spoken to Listers of Droitwich but they are ringing me back shortly as I don't think many people know much about the hybrid's ?

Is there anything I'm doing wrong as I don't think I am !

Need help from the HEV drivers ?

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #562938 Thu Aug 09 2018 4:20pm
Renaco

Germany 

You are doing nothing wrong.

There must something not proper working. I drove my hybrid from new up to 70.000 mls, everything where fine. But at some day, electric mode alone dosent Start anymore and the engine where always running.

The garage sorted it, but I don’t know what they repaired. It needed a few month and a lot of tests to find the problem.

Please go back direct to your seller! Keep the fingers crossed they learned from my car... Wink

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #562946 Thu Aug 09 2018 6:00pm
thomas brown

Hi Renaco.

Cheers for the reply Thumbs Up yea definitely something wrong as that's the same symptoms as mine you had. Well we stopped at the Cambridge services between Huntington and bar hill for some dinner and came out but the sport won't start after about 5-8 attempts but then it started and it keeps cutting out Big Cry so gutted as it's such a beautiful vehicle and been so well cared for hopefully this is just a small glitch !!!

Land rover assistance on the way, on a plus side the SOS breakdown button works Rolling with laughter

Looks like I'm going to have a late one stuck here till half 8 till somebody arrives. It's going back to Droitwich As i don't want my local dealer looking at it hunters Norwich they can't repair normal ones let alone a hybrid Shocked

Will let you know how it goes guys Thumbs Up

Still smiling though as I love this sport Thumbs Up
Tom.

Post #562948 Thu Aug 09 2018 6:16pm
Renaco

Germany 

Hi Tom

Thanks for this update and we keeping our fingers crossed for a quick solution here.

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #562965 Thu Aug 09 2018 8:27pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Just saw my baby go on a low loader heading back for Droitwich Big Cry

Now passing Cambridge in a taxi with my son heading back home to Norwich, been a long day !!

Oh well let's hope we get some news soon

Will keep you all posted Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #562967 Thu Aug 09 2018 8:41pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

When the AA came out to me first before the low loader arrived they found two faults.........

P24A4, Diesel Particular Filter restriction soot content (bank one) faulty operation.

P061B, internal control module torque control lower signal amplitude too low.

Not too sure what the last one is about something i guess with the Hybrid system at fault.

Diesel particular filter is obviously blocked !

Was this similar faults to yours Renaco ? On the hybrid system !

We'll we eventually got home at 12:30 as parts of the A14'were closed !!! So back home now with nothing no Range Rover at all !!!

Still can still use my campervan.

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #562979 Fri Aug 10 2018 8:24am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Presumably with the DPF blocked, the ECU will try to regenerate it and so will prevent electric use - running the diesel engine is the only way to clean the DPF because it needs to get the DPF hot. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #562984 Fri Aug 10 2018 1:06pm
thomas brown

Hi RRSTDV8.

Cheers for the reply, yea that's a good point but surely it would come up on the dashboard with DPF regen and hybrid not available right now ? But as we know this is land rover Rolling Eyes

Another question I meant to ask earlier especially for the HEV drivers ! When we pulled up at the services we had pretty much 100% full battery in the hybrid system, but when we came out after around 30mins it was completely empty !! Surely it should hold the charge for a few days weeks or even months ? Unless there is some power drain from the electric components Motor etc ?

I'm Still waiting for a replacement vehicle which I find really bad service to be honest !! Nobody rang me this morning I rang up land rover assist at 10:30 and they didn't know what was happening or even where my vehicle was Shocked Listers of Droitwich didn't get back to me till after 12:30 today after calling them this morning !

Droitwich Listers haven't been much help either they don't seem to bothered about helping me out ! I said it was coming back to them and they don't want it back !!! They said use my local dealer which is hunters Norwich but they are useless and I would prefer my sport to go back to where it came from Listers of Droitwich ! As always land rovers after support always lets them down.

I need a vehicle asap as I can't drive my campervan about all over the place and my Mrs has no kidney's so she is always on dialysis so I'm always up the hospital where my campervan can't go due to height restrictions !!!

Oh well we will get there it's just hard work Rolling Eyes

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #562987 Fri Aug 10 2018 1:52pm
wilf

I hate to say this but……………

Reject it. Sad MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #562991 Fri Aug 10 2018 2:29pm
thomas brown

Well it has crossed my mind but the vehicle is immaculate and has been really well looked after it doesn't have a blemish on it and I'm OCD with my vehicle's and couldn't fault it.

I looked at three Autobiography Dynamic Hev's before this one and they were not in good condition at all !! Plus this one has nearly every extra surround cameras, soft close doors, head up display, deployable side steps, 4 zone climate, Wade sensing, TV, massage seats, blind spot, adaptive cruise que assist etc Mr. Green Love the colour combo Ebony/lunar grey seats and lunar dashboard / Indus silver with a black roof , 22 inch diamond cut alloys Thumbs Up

It hopefully is just a small glitch but the level of service has Censored me off !! Just to be kept informed would be nice.

Latest update she is now going to Listers of Ipswich as they have HEV technians there she should be there any minute around 4pm. Plus it's nearer home to me in Norwich. Only issue is I'm getting a BMW Big Cry I doubt it will be a X5 most probably a car !!! Not happy but it's wheels which is the main thing !!!

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #562993 Fri Aug 10 2018 2:53pm
wilf

I really do hope it gets sorted simply and quickly for you.

Not a great start to ownership. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #562998 Fri Aug 10 2018 3:31pm
thomas brown

Yea me too Wilf would love this sorted asap Thumbs Up

I've had land rovers for 50 plus years wouldn't be without one.

I think dealers today are the main let down of the product !!

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #562999 Fri Aug 10 2018 3:37pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Well I have a update for you all Mr. Green

They starting working on her today at Marshalls Ipswich and gave her a full check over and it was a simple fault, bad battery on the SDV6 Engine Rolling Eyes

It wouldn't start for them either !! They put a new battery on a bang she was perfect EV mode was working correctly and cutting in on Auto.

Thing is as usual with vehicles for sale they sit around for a bit keep getting moved every now and then so don't get no charge so the battery starts to go flat !! The hybrid's wont go into EV mode unless the battery in in very good health order.

Post #563206 Tue Aug 14 2018 8:33pm
thomas brown

Hi Guys.

Well I have a update for you all Mr. Green

They starting working on her today at Marshalls Ipswich and gave her a full check over and it was a simple fault, bad battery on the SDV6 Engine Rolling Eyes

It wouldn't start for them either !! They put a new battery on and bang she fired into life with all systems working 100% Thumbs Up EV mode was working correctly and cutting in on Auto.

Thing is as usual with vehicles for sale they sit around for a bit keep getting moved every now and then so don't get no charge so the battery starts to go flat !! The hybrid's wont go into EV mode unless the battery is in very good health order.

So Jon you better get your battery tested but with your run to Switzerland that should of charged it unless its also a faulty battery !!

Well I hope to be picking her up this weekend, can't wait Mr. Green wish I could get down sooner but I have too much on !!

Looking forward to testing her out for myself Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563207 Tue Aug 14 2018 8:37pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You would have thought that the supplying dealer would have checked out the battery charge before selling the car. The company that took mine off the Mini dealer where an in house LR franchise within the same group, they were really keen that it was serviced by me (I took out the service plan) before I sold it to them - I suspect so that they needed only to wash the car occasionally and not worry for another year about a scheduled service coming due while in their hands. You would think that somebody would either put a solar powered trickle charger into the car while it was on the forecourt or a plug in battery charger before handing the car over. I know in winter I had to leave the solar panel on my cars as with low temperatures and the car standing outside in all weathers I would come home to a flat battery after 90 days away, surely dealers know these things too......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #563242 Wed Aug 15 2018 12:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>