RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > One for those who have left L494 for something else
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

SRE

Spain 

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #562694 Sun Aug 05 2018 1:24pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yep, and he’s gone for the PHEV version! More Milk Floats on the forum.

Laughing Both motors combined, that milk float has 101 more horses than my RRS.

Don’t worry SRE, you will come round to the idea too. Just give it a bit of time. 7 years ago when I was getting a free EV charging unit installed at my house as part of a scheme, I said to my wife “I will never use it. I am never getting an electric car”. I’m glad she doesn’t remember that statement or at least hasn’t embarrassed me by mentioning it, yet. Come to think of it, more likely she wasn’t listening, as usual. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #562698 Sun Aug 05 2018 2:43pm
IRBails

Australia 

jim4244 wrote:
I went for a blast in the new VW Tourag today and was very impressed.

Handling and driving well on par with a L494. A fantastic cockpit and infotainment screen system and a larger boot.

I priced up an R Line Tech on CarWow with everything you could ever want on a car, along with a similarly spec’ed RRS HSE. The Tourag came out £16,000 cheaper......

When I come to change in September 2019 I will certainly be considering the big VW especially as it will have a V8 in it from early next year.

Jim

Have owned two of these V10's great vehicles and very well designed. Did have some niggles but I expect these on any European vehicle. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #562717 Sun Aug 05 2018 11:45pm
SRE

Spain 

[quote="fkarim"]

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yep, and he’s gone for the PHEV version! More Milk Floats on the forum.

Laughing Both motors combined, that milk float has 101 more horses than my RRS.

I agree, more BHP for how far, 10 miles Question Whistle Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #563115 Mon Aug 13 2018 9:11am
SRE

Spain 

I notice Muddy has gone very very quiet of late, maybe he has seen the light and moved on from the float.

I should add joking apart, that he was more than a tad ill a while back, however I think he was looking at an Aston or a Series Land Rover. Both having more go than the float Rolling with laughter In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #563117 Mon Aug 13 2018 9:22am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Still hanging round Syd Thumbs Up

The float is still behaving better than hoped so looks like I'm going to hang on to it for at least another year maybe 2 as well within 5 year warranty, next 2 services covered and no point tempting fate Wink

AM and S2 plans on hold due to ongoing health problems Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #563130 Mon Aug 13 2018 2:28pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

SRE wrote:
I agree, more BHP for how far, 10 miles Question Whistle Rolling with laughter

Officially 25 miles but would be more like 17-18 in real life I reckon. After that it is still 14 more BHP from the 2.0 petrol engine than my RRS as the electric only accounts for 87 of the 407 BHP.

I was joking anyway ... if I wanted a truly powerful SUV that looks good (to me) as well, I would have bought a Cayenne. Power wasn’t the motivation in my case. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #563145 Mon Aug 13 2018 8:13pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but as some will know I’ve given JLR a second chance and took delivery of an L663 Defender 110 First Edition D240 in June. Brilliant car............. shame that the factory didn’t finish building it before it arrived in the UK and shame that after 8 weeks ownership the front bumper is coming apart, the A pillar trims are loose and vibrate badly above 60mph, the driver’s door and B pillar have increasingly loud rattles inside them( I haven’t sat in the passenger seat with someone else driving to listen that the passenger door and B pillar also have rattles), the offside rear passenger door leaks when it rains staining the seat fabric and the drivers and tailgate doors are not hanging properly so the double seals don’t work at keeping dust out. Once it’s finished being built it will be a brilliant car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #603297 Fri Aug 14 2020 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Hope you’ve still got the Mini Tim for when the LR’s back with the dealer Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #603298 Fri Aug 14 2020 9:11pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
shame that after 8 weeks ownership the front bumper is coming apart, the A pillar trims are loose and vibrate badly above 60mph, the driver’s door and B pillar have increasingly loud rattles inside them( I haven’t sat in the passenger seat with someone else driving to listen that the passenger door and B pillar also have rattles), the offside rear passenger door leaks when it rains staining the seat fabric and the drivers and tailgate doors are not hanging properly so the double seals don’t work at keeping dust out.

So all good other than these few minor niggles? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #603300 Fri Aug 14 2020 10:05pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Rolling with laughter Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #603301 Fri Aug 14 2020 10:24pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It’s called Inherited Defender DNA. I call it all shockingly bad quality control at the factory at Nitra and at the import compound during lock down when LR UK QC team could have spent 3 months of lockdown thoroughly PDI’ ing this vital new product before putting them out to dealers............ but that would be too easy.
Yesterday I got an 8 page “dissatisfaction” survey with a covering letter from someone calling himself Director of Sales, after completing the survey I photocopied it, the original went in the prepaid envelope back to Ipsos-MORI, the copy went into another envelope addressed to the signature on the covering letter asking for his comments and when they will come to collect the car and either replace it or take it back to the factory and finish building it. I doubt I will get any response........ maybe I should join FB or Twitter and post it there too.
It is a brilliant car, it drives beautifully, I am surprised how good the D240 engine is, it has more than adequate get up and go.

I added a comment to the survey that I have purchased new LR products since 1996, I was getting fed up with prices and QC diverging and was disgusted that the SDv6 crank issue wasn’t covered by the extended warranty which was why I dumped the brand in 2018. I had 2 years and a week of totally fault free, only one little rattle from the cheap paper-mache like sunroof blind for the pano roof and a recall to put a new label on the charging cable 7800 delightful miles with one unscheduled visit to the dealership for the recall and one scheduled call for its 1st service in May this year. I pointed out that that car cost me £38000 so if Mini can get it right how come LR cannot on a £61000 car?

I would urge you all to go for the current special offer 3 hour test drive at dealers, it’s more like a low spec FFRR than anything else I’ve driven - it could do with the Dynamic mode in the TR, but it doesn’t roll as much as an L405 in twisty places taken at speed and it’s as quiet when on the cruise.

I don’t have the Mini but I still have my TDi300 1996 90, the only bits of that that have fallen off are the bits I’ve broken offroad enjoying the car. Not bad for a 24 year old car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #603302 Fri Aug 14 2020 11:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thumbs Up

Hope you get sorted Tim - good luck Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #603304 Fri Aug 14 2020 11:16pm
SRE

Spain 

It’s called Inherited Defender DNA. AKA Characteristic Whistle In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures

Post #603317 Sat Aug 15 2020 10:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123