RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > New to me RRS HEV Autobiography Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi Jon.

Really good to hear yours is coming back too life and you got some EV mode too Thumbs Up very jealous Mr. Green ha, ha.

Good to hear yours holds the charge that means there must be something wrong with mine !!! Big Cry

Yea keep me posted how yours run in the next few days and I will keep you posted on how mine is getting on but I doubt I will hear anything till late Tuesday when they start on her !

Maybe that's what mine needs is a good run, we still done about 100mile till we stopped but it didn't make much difference !!

That video on YouTube is a good reference to show land rover how it should be Thumbs Up

Where about's are you traveling too ?

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563069 Sun Aug 12 2018 8:08am
thomas brown

Hi Jon.

Here is the SDV6 Hybrid brochure Thumbs Up

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sour...x67xZPR3u1

It gives you some good info about driving it etc.

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563074 Sun Aug 12 2018 9:38am
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all your replies.

We had a good run down to Switzerland today. Tried to keep the battery meter level in the blue as much as possible to try to wake up the EV. Did this through a combination of running in EV mode up hills and using normal going down.

4 up plus an absolutely full car of luggage (two young kids) sitting on the motorway at 95ish (kph obviously...) the car does gradually seem to have better response and power. However still not once did the EV light go green or the car auto start/stop even in town or at lower speeds. Total engine off tile for whole journey 0%. However it was hot so perhaps that had something to do with it.....?

I notice in the link you sent it says the Hybrid battery “is pretty easy” to charge after leaving it for 30 days or more. Given that mine was on a forecourt for 4 months approx in one form or another it would seem obvious that this is the next step once back. Anyone know how to do it!? It says to refer to the manual but I can’t find anything...

Anyway tomorrow’s another day, let’s see what happens!

Cheers

Jon

Post #563105 Sun Aug 12 2018 8:48pm
thomas brown

Hi Jon

Glad you got to Switzerland all safe and sound. Bet that was a lovely drive in the Hybrid Mr. Green
Hmmm seems we have similar issues with EV mode ! Maybe as you say our vehicles have been sitting around a while but surely a trip like yours would be enough to charge the system correctly !!

But if there are too many auxiliary systems being used it says it won't go in EV mode, I never tried mine with the climate control off etc so if this is on this may cause EV to stay off !! But can't say for certain maybe Renaco can tell us this !!

I think it says about charging the EV batteries they mean just by normal driving it charges quickly !! Don't think there is any other way to be honest ? But I'm still learning with my Hybrid so could be wrong !

Yes definitely keep us posted how you get on and if she goes in full EV mode Thumbs Up

Enjoy your holiday Mr. Green

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563106 Sun Aug 12 2018 9:42pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Hi

Just wondering how your getting on?!!

The car and I are fine- some good epic m'way and cross country drives.

Still no EV or auto engine stop after almost 1500 miles Shocked

Not sure what to do really- id like to get it sorted out here as it;s costing me £'s in extra diesel. Current av mpg is 30- almost exactly what the owners of non Hybrids report.

Have worked out that the engine off 0% is entirely down to how long you take to start the engine so no joy there at all either.

Post #563413 Fri Aug 17 2018 7:43pm
thomas brown

Hi Jon.

Sorry for the late reply ! Well I still haven't got my sport back from Marshalls Ipswich as I'm sure you know from my other thread, I'm hoping next week but it's looking like the end of next week though Rolling Eyes oil dilation issue now so oil change and filters next !

Hmmm definitely something wrong if it hasn't gone into EV mode yet ! The dealer where mine is said it was the vehicle battery causing the issue, even though the battery has enough power to start the engine if it is down the EV system will detect this due to it charging it all the time this then stops full EV mode and stop start from working. Well they said to me they tested it and all is ok in EV mode but I guess we will see will be the first thing I test to make sure she is correct Thumbs Up

Great to hear your having a good time out there look forward to seeing some great pictures of your Hybrid out there Thumbs Up

Yea that's the reason we bought our Hybrid's 354bhp More power then the SDV8 they carry less weight too but should have more mpg then the SDV6 it's annoying when it's not working right I feel your pain !!!

Is there anywhere you can get a multimeter from and test the battery first thing once you have stopped battery after a trip and then test it in the morning the battery should hold around 12.6 volts really much more bellow this is not good really.

The engine off % I couldn't tell you about that haven't had the chance to test my own hybrid out yet Big Cry

Definitely keep us posted how you get on Jon Thumbs Up

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Mr. Green

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563490 Sun Aug 19 2018 9:36am
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

That would make sense!

Where’s the battery on a hybrid?

I’ll get it checked.

Post #563495 Sun Aug 19 2018 11:04am
thomas brown

Hi Jon.

The main engine battery is in the boot !! Where the spare wheel is Thumbs Up

Easiest way to test it is from the connections under the bonnet for jump starting Thumbs Up

If I remember correctly looking at the front with the bonnet up the positive and negative connections are on the left side under covers that's the easiest way to test the battery Thumbs Up but for a true reading it's best straight on the battery terminals.

Let's us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563504 Sun Aug 19 2018 12:28pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Hi

Thanks. I have 7 seats so not in the boot.

I’ll search

Post #563507 Sun Aug 19 2018 12:55pm
thomas brown

Hi Jon.

Hmmm i can't answer that one, I think it may still be there as normally its burried right down in the bottom.

Will have a google search for you.

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563508 Sun Aug 19 2018 1:27pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Have just had the seat bases out of the 3rd row of seats. Definitely no battery.

Only thing down there is the air suspension reservoir

Post #563518 Sun Aug 19 2018 6:01pm
thomas brown

Hmmm i haven't a clue ! Somebody on here must know where it is on the 7 seat versions ?

I had a look online but couldn't find it for the 7 seat version !

I cant see it being under the bonet !! It must be inside, normally when its in the boot its buried right down under some foam insulation !

Hope you find it I'm curious too.

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563528 Sun Aug 19 2018 7:22pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Ok so have done some googling. Oddly hard to find!

So the main battery is under the reservoir which needs unbolting and lifting out to get to the main battery.

The secondary battery is inside the right side boot panel. Push forward to access.

The 300v Hybrid battery is under the drivers seat.

Post #563533 Sun Aug 19 2018 7:46pm
thomas brown

Ahh i see, top man for finding the secondary battery too. Didn't Know there was a secondary battery in the right panel !

I think the primary battery is in the same place as mine, my fault for not explaining it correctly !!

Hopefully you can get it tested now.

Cheers.

Tom .

Post #563537 Sun Aug 19 2018 7:58pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

All sorted!!

Thanks to a very friendly RR garage here in Switzerland and gratis too! As we realised the aux battery hadn’t been coded in to the BCM.

The difference is amazing. Firstly of course the obvious benefits of running onEV only both through choice and through the car switching off automatically. 100mls yesterday of very mountainous Swiss roads plus city driving, some m‘way and a few traffic jams. Av mpg 39.9 engine off 32%.

What I was not expecting was the increase in performance- fantastic! A few sprints in sports/dynamic making the above figure even more impressive.

Glad alls sorted.

Post #564114 Wed Aug 29 2018 11:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>