Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > New to me RRS HEV Autobiography Dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Jon_viola

United Kingdom 
New to me RRS HEV Autobiography Dynamic

Collected today!

2015 Model. Very happy with it so far- off to Europe on Sunday for a proper test drive!

One question- for full start stop running should I leave the terrain response system in Auto or General?

Post #563017 Fri Aug 10 2018 9:11pm
Renaco

Germany 

Congratulations!

Full start/stop works in all modes, even in dynamic.
And there is a trick. If gou want to have less start/stop in cornering, go in “s” gear.

And a very interesting trick to load the accupack quick fully, change at highway speed in “ev” mode and push the pedal... Wink
To save this load then for later, klick auto start/stop off.

Enjoy the gimmicks of this cool pack of engineering.

Best René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #563028 Sat Aug 11 2018 4:56am
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply.

So far in threes hours or so of mixed driving my engine off is at 0%. Do I have an issue?

Found the EV thing on the mway and got it nicely to the top of the blue section on the battery meter.

It won’t run in electric only mode as far as I can tell. However been sitting for a few months on a stealers forecourt so perhaps the batteries need a long period of conditioning?

Post #563031 Sat Aug 11 2018 6:30am
Renaco

Germany 

Sometimes it needs a bit, but after 30 min. drive it has to cut off and run also in electric mode, even in cold wheater conditions.

Does the engine cut off at traffic sign stops?
If not, go to your garage.

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14

Post #563035 Sat Aug 11 2018 9:54am
thomas brown

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Sounds like the same issue I had with mine it wouldn't go into full electric mode ! Even in auto !

Hi Renaco. Could you explain that little trick you said about traveling at high speeds then putting it in EV mode etc. I sort of get it but could you explain it again for me Rolling Eyes Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563036 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:12am
thomas brown

Another question once the EV batteries are charged how long do they stay charged for once the vehicle is parked ? As mine was fully charged parked up for 30mins came out and the EV system was completely empty !!

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563037 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:14am
Renaco

Germany 

thomas brown wrote:
Sounds like the same issue I had with mine it wouldn't go into full electric mode ! Even in auto !

Hi Renaco. Could you explain that little trick you said about traveling at high speeds then putting it in EV mode etc. I sort of get it but could you explain it again for me Rolling Eyes Thanks.

Tom.

Just push a bit o ce at highway speeds in ev mode, you will see how quick it tops up the load... 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14

Post #563039 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:36am
Renaco

Germany 

thomas brown wrote:
Another question once the EV batteries are charged how long do they stay charged for once the vehicle is parked ? As mine was fully charged parked up for 30mins came out and the EV system was completely empty !!

Thanks.

Tom.

Seems wrong to me, this never happened in my 3.5 years of ownership...
Sorry, hope the garage can sort it.

Please guys, try to get videos and pictures of the problems for the garage, as they are very resistant once it gets about the hybrid.
We owners know, but they mostly don’t understand the problem, for them its just a running engine;-)

Best
René 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14

Post #563040 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:40am
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Mmmm That’s sounds worrying. I’ve nothing showing in the dash- you?

It does say in the manual that it won’t auto stop the engine if the car needs the power for battery charging or the cars electric systems including climate etc. I wondered if after being dormant for so long the car was trying to make sure the batteries were fully charged and conditioned.

How did you fix it?

If you put it in ev mode at speed the charge needle quickly sweeps to the blue giving you full charge to use later.

Post #563042 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:48am
thomas brown

Renaco wrote:
thomas brown wrote:

Thanks.

Tom.

Seems wrong to me, this never happened in my 3.5 years of ownership...
Sorry, hope the garage can sort it.

Please guys, try to get videos and pictures of the problems for the garage, as they are very resistant once it gets about the hybrid.
We owners know, but they mostly don’t understand the problem, for them its just a running engine;-)

Best
René

Yea I think there is a few issues here but hopefully Marshalls of Ipswich can get to the bottom of it. Their hybrid technician isn't in till Tuesday though !!

I agree pictures and videos are a must, will do for any future issues. Thumbs Up

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563043 Sat Aug 11 2018 11:00am
thomas brown

Jon_viola wrote:
Mmmm That’s sounds worrying. I’ve nothing showing in the dash- you?

It does say in the manual that it won’t auto stop the engine if the car needs the power for battery charging or the cars electric systems including climate etc. I wondered if after being dormant for so long the car was trying to make sure the batteries were fully charged and conditioned.

How did you fix it?

If you put it in ev mode at speed the charge needle quickly sweeps to the blue giving you full charge to use later.

Hi Jon.

Congratulations on your Hev Thumbs Up I love mine even though I didn't even get her home Big Cry

As I said I think we have a similar issue with the EV mode. Me too have nothing on the dashboard ! No warnings at all.

Does Full EV mode work with the climate control on as maybe this would stop it coming on as there won't be any engine to turn over the compressor ! I think my 4 zone climate was on so maybe this was stopping the EV mode but I can't see why Landover would program it to not to come on with this running !!

Hmmm again I don't know ? Only Renaco would know this Rolling Eyes

Ahh i see about the trick, just push the EV button at high speeds and it charges quickly is that correct ? Then stop start off to hold the full charge.

The issue is as always the salesmen dont know these Hybrid's so it's up to us the owners to figure them out !

Hopefully after Tuesday I should get some news as that's when they are looking at her.

Thanks.

Tom.

Post #563044 Sat Aug 11 2018 11:09am
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Poor you! How frustrating to collect then have to give back.

I don’t have the option to take it back as I’m away with it in Europe for a few weeks. However I shall try to wake it up with some extended charging periods at high speeds on the mway. See if that makes a difference.

Out of interest when you stop what does it say?

I have a green light saying ready and the hybrid battery sign. Still sounds like the engines running though!

Post #563046 Sat Aug 11 2018 1:06pm
thomas brown

Hi Jon.

Yea I do feel pretty upset about the situation but hopefully things will be resolved soon.
I got my replacement car a BMW 330 Edrive Big Cry its ok but hate cars as there too small for me and just not my thing !!

Anyway sounds like you have a good road trip coming up tomorrow. Lucky you wish I was back out in Portugal again especially with my Hybrid Mr. Green

Yep that's the same as me when I stop it comes up with Ready in green and the hybrid battery symbol in white. Even when I had a full hybrid battery charge and was stoped when I pushed the EV button the EV symbol comes up but just in White. I think the EV symbol should go green and the full electric is then engaged. I never got it in electric mode only ! I will send you a link to a YouTube video which shows you the little green indicator on the rev counter which you need to keep in once your in full EV mode.

I think maybe there are similar faults with our hybrid's or maybe it's us but I seriously don't think it is.

I will keep you posted next week on what they find with mine Thumbs Up

We will get there Mr. Green

Cheers.

Tom.

Post #563058 Sat Aug 11 2018 6:02pm
thomas brown

This is what our Hybrid's should be like Jon.

Cheers.

Tom .

Post #563059 Sat Aug 11 2018 6:09pm
Jon_viola

United Kingdom 

Thanks for this. I think mine might be slowly coming to life- managed to get the engine off too 8% today. It holds charge fine- I’m going to try to recharge on the auto route tomorrow and hopefully things will get back to normal and my green EV light will illuminate.

I’ll keep you updated, let me know what they say about yours.

Post #563066 Sat Aug 11 2018 10:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>