RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L949 buying advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think that there was too much thought that the SD4 was not up to hauling the weight of an RRS around and it was really a business users special to reduce BIK tax bills, but anyone getting a company car in RRS price bracket isn’t going to be too worried about the power of a larger engine. The current P400 actually produces more power and torque than the old 2.7Tdv6 with a 2.0litre petrol and an electric motor and is much more tax efficient to boot, hence no reason to keep the 2.0ltr. Diesel. I was considering one or a D5 with the SD4 but my local friendly dealer told me that while it is fine once on the cruise the SD4 feels under powered getting there and I would have been very frustrated by the lack of get up and go having previously owned SDv6 and TDv8 powered RRS’s. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #562747 Mon Aug 06 2018 8:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Chips

England 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Wow, I'm surprised. Perhaps it didn't sell which is why it's no longer available. Why would anyone buy a coil sprung RRS? Confused

Totally agree, one of the big reasons we got out of our old Q7 was because they had reverted back to coil spring as standard , despite it being a much more sophisticated car in every other way than our old Q7 that had air springs it just felt cheap and not worthy of the price tag so coil springs as well as a 4cyl engine would just not feel like a Range Rover

Post #562749 Mon Aug 06 2018 9:21pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 

syl wrote:
Sorry - I saw that the off road pack included air suspension, but that's only for the 4cyl. It comes as standard on the others. I think the old SE may have had coil suspension as well before it was dropped.

I purchased new the L494 SE model in 2014. It does have full air suspension and the only (as far as I am concerned) big difference with HSE then was it does not have 'flappy paddles'. It was a better buy to have the SE and spec it with extras eg opening pan roof and better front seats than to pay in 2014 12% more for the HSE

Approx 1000 SE L494 models sold in UK before JLR stopped taking UK orders due to the demand then for HSE and which JLR were struggling to meet but it had a higher profit margin. The SE was still being sold in overseas markets for quite some time after being stopped in the UK. If I remember correctly JLR had the order book open for the SE variant for only 6 months in UK.

Post #562781 Tue Aug 07 2018 11:30am
PIG88

United Kingdom 

JLR still sells S and SE versions of the L494 in some markets. For example, take a look at the Land Rover Ireland website: https://www.landrover.ie/range-rover-sport-models

It’s interesting to see how specs (and prices) differ. Apparently they still offer the SD4 with coil springs there too . . . .

Post #562798 Tue Aug 07 2018 2:45pm
HXM

United Kingdom 

Was the SE specced without the digital dash? Recall seeing one or two examples on autotrader with old fashioned dials

Post #562801 Tue Aug 07 2018 2:55pm
PIG88

United Kingdom 

My L494 brochure from 2013 (!) shows the SE as having a TFT virtual instrument panel - same as the other variants.

Maybe there were some very early examples that had the traditional dials . . .

Post #562816 Tue Aug 07 2018 4:58pm
BKHK

Australia 

SE Available here, I had one as a loaner while mine was being serviced. It was a TDV6, it’s round dial simplicity, no paddles or dynamic mode, was strangely refreshing. I liked it a lot.

Post #562881 Wed Aug 08 2018 1:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12