RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > D3S Bulb Change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

i_dinler

United Kingdom 
D3S Bulb Change

So my drivers side bulb failed with no warnings. Strange.

I’ve not had a bulb failure in a very long time and thought this was going to be easy job. I guess not...

I struggled to get the bulb out in one piece and disposed it, ordered some new ones but it seems I must have disposed the clip as I can’t get the bulb to sit. Frustrating.

I went to the dealers hoping to get a clip and he advised me that these things are not straight forward and that I should remove the headlight completely to change the bulb and to do so I need to remove the bumper. Also said that they do not sell the adaptor/clip and that I need a new headlight at a cost of nearly 1k. Comical. 😂

Has anyone changed their D3S bulb on a L494 RRS?

Are all D3S clips the same? I have seen some on ebay. MY14 RRS Autobiography Dynamic - Loire Blue - 2 Tone Leathers - Rear Screens - Deployable Steps - Soft Close Doors - Dual View - 360 Surround Cameras

Post #562517 Thu Aug 02 2018 9:08pm
PEACHY

England 

Sorry have never had to change the bulb - yet Rolling Eyes can you access the other side to find the correct clip needed - it may have a part number on it - apologies if you've already thought of this Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #562519 Thu Aug 02 2018 9:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
i_dinler

United Kingdom 

The passenger side is even tighter to get into, plus I didn't want to do any damage to the bulb. I think these are pretty standard clips, I ordered these:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=ht...2314750173

Hopefully it will do the trick.... MY14 RRS Autobiography Dynamic - Loire Blue - 2 Tone Leathers - Rear Screens - Deployable Steps - Soft Close Doors - Dual View - 360 Surround Cameras

Post #562524 Thu Aug 02 2018 9:52pm
i_dinler

United Kingdom 

Sorted MY14 RRS Autobiography Dynamic - Loire Blue - 2 Tone Leathers - Rear Screens - Deployable Steps - Soft Close Doors - Dual View - 360 Surround Cameras

Post #562632 Sat Aug 04 2018 12:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1