RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > My thoughts on my test drive in 17 plate SDV6 HSE today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
My thoughts on my test drive in 17 plate SDV6 HSE today

Currently wrestling with price and extras on the purchase of a 2017 plate RRS SDV6 HSE at a dealer or two. Was offered an accompanied test drive today with the young sales guy. About 45 mins of mixed through town and motorway stuff.

I was worried that I wouldn't like it. Currently have a high-spec 435d BMW which is really hi-tech, very comfortable, 4.6 sec 0-60 fast and a great handling car.

I have to say I was impressed. Much smoother, quieter and much faster than the 2.7 TD RRS I bought new 10 years ago. The engine is very impressive. I liked the understated interior design.

I couldn't get comfortable in the seat. My present one is fantastically comfortable, but I'm sure, with all of the adjustments, I'd get there in the end.

I didn't like the steering wheel much - but I'd probably get used to it. The actual steering and handling was very vague compared to my BMW - but I realise they are two very different things.

I loved the Command driving position and all 'round visibility was fantastic. Although this doesn't have anywhere near the on-paper 0-62 time of my current ride - it didn't feel sluggish at all. Lots of low down oomph and get up and go in the mid-range. Plenty fast and powerful enough.

Also, the thing just looked amazing from the outside. Loads of presence.

All in all, it's a "yes" from me. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #562087 Thu Jul 26 2018 10:14pm
IRBails

Australia 

Good to see that you see the vehicle for what it is a "4WD" ! It will be different to the Bimmer and not as refined in some areas but superior in other particularly off road. I have owned many 4WD's and so far I like this one the best. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #562088 Thu Jul 26 2018 10:47pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Glad to hear - drove my wife's RRS MY16 into work for the first time today - the driving position is superb - I saw aspects of the M25 I hadn't seen before in my BMW 6 Series GC - agree, RRS steering vague compared to BMW.

P MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #562108 Fri Jul 27 2018 8:45am
HXM

United Kingdom 

I test drove a 15 plate HSE just on a whim not too long ago, whilst looking for something bigger than my TT.

Didn't even bother with anything else, sold....

Post #562568 Fri Aug 03 2018 11:00am
00by

Mine was a similar story when replacing my Audi A7 - didn't even test drive anything else after trying the RRS first. MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #562591 Fri Aug 03 2018 2:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1